Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

New proposal for 6-class realignment

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SimmonsRatings

SimmonsRatings

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

I have created a new 6-class realignment model using just football schools first (smaller 6A and 1A with larger 5A thru 2A) and then adding non-football schools back in. I welcome any feedback you may have. You can find it at http://www.simmonsratings.com under the HS football section.

#2 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

From a Mooresville perspective- a conference with Us, LKN, South Iredell, AL Brown and Catholic...... rivalries galore! Lol. I'd be all for that.

#3 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

I've been in favor of a 6 class deal for a long time and this seems to fit the situation quite well.

P.R. Graham

SMC

The standard in 1A since 1969

26 state titles in 35 apperances

22 consecutive finals appearances

SMC 1A/2A 32 state titles

#4 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

From a Mooresville perspective- a conference with Us, LKN, South Iredell, AL Brown and Catholic...... rivalries galore! Lol. I'd be all for that.

I don't mind it but there would be some traveling involved I mean Catholic, WC, Vance, Harding which are all in CLT which most don't like bout the I-meck 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#5 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:04 AM

I don't mind it but there would be some traveling involved I mean Catholic, WC, Vance, Harding which are all in CLT which most don't like bout the I-meck

it's not too much travel. I don't think the amount of travel should even matter too much as long as it is within reason.... and that 100% is well within reason

#6 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:34 AM

it's not too much travel. I don't think the amount of travel should even matter too much as long as it is within reason.... and that 100% is well within reason

Again Most Mooresville fan don't like being in the Imeck for reasons but Travling is one of them n Harding n Catholic is even further than most of Imeck teams which are most in northern part of CLT anyway but I wouldn't mind it bc I like the Imeck anyway and This would be a tough conference with some good rivalries

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#7 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:34 AM

Again Most Mooresville fan don't like being in the Imeck for reasons but Travling is one of them n Harding n Catholic is even further than most of Imeck teams which are most in northern part of CLT anyway but I wouldn't mind it bc I like the Imeck anyway and This would be a tough conference with some good rivalries

Doubt it would ever happen but Mooresville to Catholic on a Friday may take longer than Mooresville to Greensboro.

#8 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:30 AM

Doubt it would ever happen but Mooresville to Catholic on a Friday may take longer than Mooresville to Greensboro.

Oh I very much doubt it would happen too but I wouldn't mind that trip. It's not the distance as much as the traffic that would be annoying

#9 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,362 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:46 AM

Catholic to Mooresville on a Friday would be beastly.

#10 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

Even Going to Harding would be Long drive bc I been near Harding before and It takes awhile to get there and Harding is near a lot of stores and such so a lot traffic near Harding as well

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#11 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

Once again, the Mooresville brain trust shows it't shortage of brain capacity.  Listening to their comments is like watching the Keystone Coips.

#12 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

Here some Conferences ideas I have:

NPC 3A/4A: Mooresville, LKN, AC, Davie (4A)/ West Rowan, Statesville, South Iredell, North Iredell

Tri Piedmont: North Meck, Hopewell, Mooresville, Davie , AL Brown, South Iredell , Hough or Concord

Hickory Ridge, Davie, Al brown , Mooresville, Lake Norman , Hough, North Meck, Hopewell

Crazy one: Mallard Creek, Hough, Vance , Mooresville, LKN, Hickory Ridge , Davie , Catholic

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#13 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

Here some Conferences ideas I have:

NPC 3A/4A: Mooresville, LKN, AC, Davie (4A)/ West Rowan, Statesville, South Iredell, North Iredell

Tri Piedmont: North Meck, Hopewell, Mooresville, Davie , AL Brown, South Iredell , Hough or Concord

Hickory Ridge, Davie, Al brown , Mooresville, Lake Norman , Hough, North Meck, Hopewell

Crazy one: Mallard Creek, Hough, Vance , Mooresville, LKN, Hickory Ridge , Davie , Catholic

For the love of god never put us in 3A/4A split conference again lmao.

#14 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

Once again, the Mooresville brain trust shows it't shortage of brain capacity. Listening to their comments is like watching the Keystone Coips.

You don't like that idea for a conference? Personally I've never been against a little travel if it makes sense.. so I really don't see too many negatives to that proposal

#15 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:10 PM

You don't like that idea for a conference? Personally I've never been against a little travel if it makes sense.. so I really don't see too many negatives to that proposal

Which is great for you and I am the same way. I am lucky enough to have some flexibility in my schedule and will travel wherever. However, that is not the case with 90% of the families who make up the bulk of the stands on Friday night. One of the issues with low attendance in the CMS games is 7:00 kick offs and terrible traffic. It can be a hour from Mallard Creek to Hough between 530 and 7:00 on a Friday night. Lots of parents don't arrive until late 1st quarter. That sucks

#16 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

It would look like if they could move the 7:00 times to 7:30 it would help out. Maybe more fans would turn out. But that's my opinion. The fans would not feel like they would be rushed as much but I know they have their reasons for 7:00 kickoff times. I could remember a time the games didn't start until 8:00 pm.

#17 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

@Wrigley- and I get that... I was just saying my personal opinion I would have no problem with that type of conference at all. I assume others would not be for that, I get that. Should have just said I liked it and left it at that lol.

I will say for a classification expansion like this.... to make it work I think travel times would have to be sacrificed to some degree in a number of areas. To me, I don't  find it to be that big of an issue. But I know other will and wont like it. Give and take...ultimately there would need to be a lot of that to make a 6 class system work.

My question I do have though on the topic of a 6 class system.... Why 6 classes instead of 5? What would be the benefits of a 6 class layout that a 5 class layout wouldn't have? I don't really keep up with 2A and 1A football much... but wouldn't 6 classes make it tough on the smaller schools as far as conference placement (and maybe it wouldn't, im not overly familiar with geographical locations of a lot of the smaller schools)

#18 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

For the love of god never put us in a mouth 3A/4A split conference again lmao.

At least this one would be competitive and actually good lol

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

JeffChapman-Dynamic