Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Dudley Jamboree August 11

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 supermanklt

supermanklt

JV Team

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

Teams competing in Dudley Jamboree on August 11.
Dudley
Page
Smith
Charlotte Vance
Western Alamance
Rj Reynolds
Western Guilford
Rocky River
High Point Central
Eastern Guilford

#2 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

Another nice field as usual.  The million dollar question, however, is.....will fish plates be served??

#3 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

Well....no fish plates (drat).  However, there was some pretty good football on display.  I'll go team-by-team here.....

Dudley-Pretty much what I expected.  Talented, strong, athletic.  Didn't have much trouble with either Eastern Guilford or Rocky River.  Had a much harder time with Vance.  Nice stable of running backs.  Whoever their strength/conditioning coach is deserves a raise.  

EG-Struggled a bit vs. Dudley but did score a touchdown on the Panthers.  They'll have a nice arsenal of weapons on offense.  Good size on the o'line.  They'll really miss Clapp/Howard on defense though.  I think their overall success will be determined by how well they play on the defensive side of the ball.  Can they get back to where they were last year?  I think they can but I also think the odds are far less greater.  

Western Alamance-Typical WA.  Small but disciplined and diversified on offense.  Held their own with Page.  Christman was juking all sorts of Western Guilford players in their first scrimmage.  Daniels looked really good at QB.  As long as these two stay healthy, WA will have a good year.

Page-Didn't know what to think of these guys.  Good athletes, good size.  New QB was alright.  The wide receiver (#2) had a real nice outing.  He was impressive.  Good linebacking core.  They were pretty even with WA.....struggled some against Vance.  Secondary got torched a few times.  Not sure how far they'll go.  I do know one thing......their game with NW Guilford will be a fun one.  

Rocky River-looked average.  Nothing really stood out about them.  If I had to guess, they'll probably finish around .500.  

Vance-A lot like last year's edition.  Big on the lines, plenty of receivers to choose from.  New QB's no Ifedi but he was effective.  Didn't look too bad on defense.  Did well vs. Dudley and Page.  

Smith-Also what I expected. Small across the board but athletic.  Jordan Williams looked pretty good at QB though.  Their scrimmage with Western Guilford was fun to watch.  Looked like Arena Football at times.  Most games will be an uphill battle for them though.  

Western Guilford-Actually better than I expected.  Had some fast athletes and receivers with good hands.  QB had some nice wheels and is fun to watch.  Very small across the board though.  Be interesting to see how they end up.

HP Central-Talent level and numbers looked really down from year's past.  They've still got some weapons though.  Their wideout (#11) made the play of the day (IMO).  Against WG, he caught a pass out in the flat, juked a DB, then juked that same DB again.  I don't know about them.  In their new conference, they could finish third.....could finish last.  

RJ Reynolds- looked ok.  Had a good-sized wideout that caught a couple of TD's.  The one thing that stood out about them was their mammoth right tackle.  This guy's got to be at least 6-7 and 330. After their scrimmage, he was playing around with one of their linebackers.  He picked him up and carried him around like a sack of flour.  If this guy ever found a weight room, he'd be scary.  As far as how they'll do, I'm not sure they have the talent to deal with any of the other teams in their conference.  Could win a few games though. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic