Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

MICS- The New 1-A Kings Murphy's biggest FEAR

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#26 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:34 PM

MICS is a public school.

Well Aren't like Catholic and PLP were they are both or whatever u wanna call it

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#27 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

I got a look at Mooresville at the Cam Newton. I wasn't impressed, no wonder your all in the 1-A forum. Cause Mooresville is on a serious downward spiral.

#28 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:48 PM

I got a look at Mooresville at the Cam Newton. I wasn't impressed, no wonder your all in the 1-A forum. Cause Mooresville is on a serious downward spiral.

We are all aware Mooresville is on a down year ...and I'm just in 1A forum bc actually like being involved and learn bout other teams bc I'm a Big HS fan and I love learn history n the past of different teams

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#29 InnerCityPreps

InnerCityPreps

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:33 AM

Don't waste your time with this guy. He is obvisouly a troll and likely doesn't support MICS. If he does, he's just trying to get a rise. I think it's in everyone's collective interest to just ignore him.
- Simply stated.

#30 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,473 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:10 AM

Well Aren't like Catholic and PLP were they are both or whatever u wanna call it

No. PLP and Catholic are nothing alike. Catholic is a non-boarding parochial school.

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#31 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:57 AM

Innercityprep who do you represent? Other than getting on here hating on MICS you pull for no one. Every fan on here cheers for there team. When I do it a crime has occurred, Im know troll I'm fan who believes in his quad. I speak my mind I know talent when I see it. My opinion last years team was loaded especially at skill position. But the o-line & D-line return Lb position was a weak spot. Now has become loaded with D1 prospects. Secondary has D1-AA/D-2 recruits. Wr's who can run pass anybody. A young stud RB rising 10thgrader who will rush for over 2000yds this year. Not to forget about the QB position the best dual threat QB in the state. Who can bump out to WR and the other QB has a cannon.So do I brag yes I do are we going be a headache we already are. Are the mountain teams on alert. YES ITS CALLED FEAR OF CHANGE, A TAKEOVER, A NEW KING, SAUCE DISTRIBUTION, ISLAND FIESTA, MURPHY,MITCHELL, ROBBINSVILLE,WEST MONTGOMERY, ALL KNOW THERE GLORY DAYS ARE BEHIND THEM. MICS ARE THE NEW KINGS SO BOW DOWN NOW, AND WANT HAVE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO

#32 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

Truth to all you readers I respect mountain ball, Im from that area. Asheville High to be exact. The early 90's era of pure football dominance. Before you say Murphy beat Asheville a few times , I know. But they never dared to play the loaded Asheville teams with Craig King, Leonard Little, John Avery, or even mid 2000's teams Crezdon Butler, Johnny White. In which all those guys made it to the NFL. Exception of Craig King who is still thought by many to be the player to ever come out of that school. They chose to schedule them on rebuilding teams with young players. I was a Swain fan because Rocky Dietz and that early 94 team they had ,they feared no one and we respected them. But the changed occurred folks METROPOLITAN area began to grow so I moved. I came down here thinking mountain was king also but these spread offenses from the city opened my eyes. THATS why Mountain teams struggle when they leave the mountain and these city teams spread them out and introduce the passing game that they haven't seen all year. So now im in the city now, its not where your from its where your at. So I say that to say this, A NEW KING HAS BEEN BORN WE ARE GETTING FITTED FOR RINGS IN JULY, AND A BOTTLE OF SAUCE WILL BE SHIPPED COURTESY OF ME TO ALL of your SCHOOLS ..goes great on anything...lol

#33 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

Truth to all you readers I respect mountain ball, Im from that area. Asheville High to be exact. The early 90's era of pure football dominance. Before you say Murphy beat Asheville a few times , I know. But they never dared to play the loaded Asheville teams with Craig King, Leonard Little, John Avery, or even mid 2000's teams Crezdon Butler, Johnny White. In which all those guys made it to the NFL. Exception of Craig King who is still thought by many to be the player to ever come out of that school. They chose to schedule them on rebuilding teams with young players. I was a Swain fan because Rocky Dietz and that early 94 team they had ,they feared no one and we respected them. But the changed occurred folks METROPOLITAN area began to grow so I moved. I came down here thinking mountain was king also but these spread offenses from the city opened my eyes. THATS why Mountain teams struggle when they leave the mountain and these city teams spread them out and introduce the passing game that they haven't seen all year. So now im in the city now, its not where your from its where your at. So I say that to say this, A NEW KING HAS BEEN BORN WE ARE GETTING FITTED FOR RINGS IN JULY, AND A BOTTLE OF SAUCE WILL BE SHIPPED COURTESY OF ME TO ALL of your SCHOOLS ..goes great on anything...lol

Your 2001 Asheville team (that a loaded, veteran Murphy team beat 26-14 at WCU) might have been rebuilding, but your 2002 team (that a rebuiding Murphy team beat 42-41 at WCU), went to the 4th round of the 3aa playoffs. So don't try and make excuses. Just admit that Murphy is pretty good and can play with almost anyone, and be done with it. I mean a 3a city school like Asheville should always have enough to beat a good 1a team like Murphy, even on a down year or a rebuilding year. You are 0 for 3 so far against Murphy if you count last year's loss by MICS. A MICS guy on another site swears you are a clown, fraud, etc., and maybe he is right, but still thought I would correct you since you brought up the Murphy/Asheville series.

#34 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

#35 SMCdogfan

SMCdogfan

Established Member

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:50 PM

What's funny is this spread offense that we are so scared about. The one you keep talking about as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well your team abandoned it against us because they couldn't move the sticks. I'm guessing you didn't watch the game because there were no bombs just a fast kid running all over the field. One dimensional just give it to the qb and let him go wild. Props to Apari, he was the real deal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#36 Beyond hope

Beyond hope

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

This shows that the charter schools have basically gone from a lottery to a draft with the A.D. having some influence. Until something changes I think we will begin to see the charter schools becoming dominant in their divisions

#37 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

What's funny is this spread offense that we are so scared about. The one you keep talking about as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well your team abandoned it against us because they couldn't move the sticks. I'm guessing you didn't watch the game because there were no bombs just a fast kid running all over the field. One dimensional just give it to the qb and let him go wild. Props to Apari, he was the real deal.

BURN!

Thank God someone brought this up.

#38 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,280 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:46 PM

I think the key is the new QB they have from East Lincoln. They will be utilizing the pass much more.

#39 ODB

ODB

JV Team

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

Rich, you'd make a great hype man in the boxing world.

Side note... I was a college teammate of Denorris Burton and Boo Robinson (and also Rocky Deitz for the brief 2 years he played). Deno Bean and Boo were awesome players and fun to be around.

#40 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

I think the key is the new QB they have from East Lincoln. They will be utilizing the pass much more.

They probably will. I just wonder how good the WRs will be for them this year. They lost Johnson, Washington (he was a WR until the playoffs), and Gallman. As I understand, those guys racked up the vast majority of their receiving yards and TDs last season. You don't just replace that kind of talent at a 1a school and not skip a beat. At least that's the case at most 1a schools.

#41 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

MICS can't continue to recruit and keep their #'s down. They'll eventually end up in 2A/2AA where they will get clobbered.

#42 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

ODB -Denorris and Boo were good players. But the guys listened above were Legendary. Like I said Murphy wouldn't never attempt to play those squads. SMCFAN MICS did go away from the spread. Your correct Aapri was just a great runner. He could throw a great ball but didnt keep his eyes down field, he was a WR we moved to QB. This Marcus Graham kid is the opposite, his eyes stay down field the whole time. MICS did have 3 great Wr's last year that were so fast they out ran the ball, and had to wait on it so replacing them isnt easy. But they do have some speed a more height at those positions this year. Graham's running ability can make remeocir WR look great.

#43 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

Warriorlife until that happens we'll be you worst nightmare. KING us now drop the hate

#44 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:32 PM

ODB -Denorris and Boo were good players. But the guys listened above were Legendary. Like I said Murphy wouldn't never attempt to play those squads. SMCFAN MICS did go away from the spread. Your correct Aapri was just a great runner. He could throw a great ball but didnt keep his eyes down field, he was a WR we moved to QB. This Marcus Graham kid is the opposite, his eyes stay down field the whole time. MICS did have 3 great Wr's last year that were so fast they out ran the ball, and had to wait on it so replacing them isnt easy. But they do have some speed a more height at those positions this year. Graham's running ability can make remeocir WR look great.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, the reason Asheville and Murphy never played again after those two games (except for scrimmage games) is because Asheville didn't think the risk of losing to a 1a team was worth it? I mean Murphy embarrassed them twice so why continue with that?I promise you Murphy didn't duck Asheville. Always an excuse for losing coming from you. That's what I call "weak sauce"!

#45 ODB

ODB

JV Team

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

After the 01-02 losses to Murphy, Asheville took a break from Murphy. Then agreed to scrimmage them in 05. Crezdon and Johnny put on a track meet and it wasn't close. In 07 it was close. In 08, Murphy went up and down the field at will. I remember their coaches flipping out because Georgie Kerber kept making all their corners look silly. They scrimmaged again this past year, and Murphy again won.

#46 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

Blakk u can't beat us and until then zip that loud mouth. And when we consolidate we'll slap that SAUCE off and then lick our fingers. Yum yum give us some more

#47 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

ODB I heard Murphy got em pretty good this past year. Asheville under new coaching and scheme and its not clicking yet.

#48 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

Warriorlife when MICS does grow school population,and move up in classification. If Central Montgomery is standing there the smacking will still continue along with dipping sauce

#49 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:59 PM

In your wildest dreams. Montgomery Central will laugh u off the field. No debate.

#50 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

Don't you have something to protest like which bathroom to use?

JeffChapman-Dynamic