Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Concord 2017

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 banditback

banditback

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:50 PM

I have heard absolutely zero about the Spiders other than coac applying for jobs. What is the outlook for the Black and Gold?

#2 ccordspid

ccordspid

JV Team

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Glen is one of the best coaches out there. He is leaving after this year with full retirement and probably to SC. Coaches there are about 40-50k per year higher than NC.

#3 ccordspid

ccordspid

JV Team

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

Every QB at Concord since 2004 but one recieved a College Scholarship. One was in basketball and played in the NBA. No experience at QB this year but Glen usually works it out. Could be a ground game this fall.

#4 Unc4life

Unc4life

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:16 PM

If it is a ground game we should be in pretty good shape, I always thought last years back up to PJ should have gotten more carries to rest him and the JV had some good looking RBs as well. I'm assuming Bell is the QB that looks like a DT, he didn't play last season but was Kenans back up the year before, he doesn't have game experience but he has been practicing with the varsity for a couple years before. Is it for sure Glen is leaving next season cause there have been people saying that the last few seasons, I understand why he would but figured he would have done it by now if he was. I think Concord has plenty of talent to be top 2 in the SPC and make the bell game the title game again, they lose big time players every year and are right back at it again the next year. They lost 17 starters in 2012 and went 15-1 in 2013. The coaching staff at CHS gets the job done every year and I think that'll be the case again.

#5 jacks2start

jacks2start

Established Member

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

If it is a ground game we should be in pretty good shape, I always thought last years back up to PJ should have gotten more carries to rest him and the JV had some good looking RBs as well. I'm assuming Bell is the QB that looks like a DT, he didn't play last season but was Kenans back up the year before, he doesn't have game experience but he has been practicing with the varsity for a couple years before. Is it for sure Glen is leaving next season cause there have been people saying that the last few seasons, I understand why he would but figured he would have done it by now if he was. I think Concord has plenty of talent to be top 2 in the SPC and make the bell game the title game again, they lose big time players every year and are right back at it again the next year. They lost 17 starters in 2012 and went 15-1 in 2013. The coaching staff at CHS gets the job done every year and I think that'll be the case again.

assuming it was him at the Olympic 7 on 7 it was Bell, he is just raw and rusty for sure, but it was mostly on the longer stuff, short stuff looked ok, timing will come, we talked about him when he was on the varsity as a 10th grader, just wish he would have played last season, but his larger size 6'2-6'3 - 215-225lbs  is what everyone seems to talk about..  lots of guys at camps this summer for the spiders, but playing time heels all. Doesnt matter to me if we lose all the games all yr long as the last one is there best one. 

#6 ccordspid

ccordspid

JV Team

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

He was in the close running for the Byrnes job in SC. That's where he played and Woffard. This is only year he has really applied for another job and Private or SC with the increase pay will decide where.

JeffChapman-Dynamic