Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Early Preview: West Rowan at Mooresville

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#26 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

Any idea who could be starting at QB for Mooresville yet?

My assumption based on no info would be the kid from Hopewell. But tbh that decision probably wouldn't be made until after the Jamborees I assume

#27 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

Ok Bluedevil fans just curious how the QB situation is at Mooresville. Have they decided who they will use?

#28 BlueDevil62

BlueDevil62

JV Team

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

Ok Bluedevil fans just curious how the QB situation is at Mooresville. Have they decided who they will use?

Right now it appears to be the kid from Hopewell.  We will see how the jamboree goes.

#29 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

Ok thanks

#30 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:59 AM

No one wants to tackle this gorilla (referring to the Mooresville QB situation), so I will.  The returning Jr. QB had the job and it was his to lose.  Just what does he do when a transfer moved in?  Here is his only option:   Take charge and retain the job.  Just what does he do?  He tells the coach he is quitting.  This tells me a lot.  This kid is afraid of competition and feels he is entitled to the job: Well, he's not.  Coach Paxton does not try to talk him out of his decision.  Kudos to the coach.  If a kid is afraid to compete, just what will he do in a crucial game situation?  His true colors were shown when he saw he was going to have to fight for his job.  This is my opinion.  It seems there is some parental pressure being applied to this kid and Mom/Dad win the battle.  This seems to be  prevail on the HS sports level.  Parents get upset when little Johnnie rides the pine and Mom/Dad allows, and sometimes influences him/her to quit simply because he/she is not getting his/her way.  Just when are these parents going to realize when a player is on the coaches side of the fence, he belongs to the coach, not he parent?  I really feel sorry for the player is this particular situation.  Just what is he going to do in 10 years when he has to make a life decision?  Call Mom or Dad to bail him out?

#31 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

I really doubt thats the case,

He wanted to focus on lascrosse which he has done very well at in big tournaments with his travel team. I think he is better suited as a lacrosse player than playing QB in football bc with His height!
He wouldn't be able play at the next level as a QB like ex: Tommy n Josh , both didn't go play football at the next level , both went to the sport where height isn't as much as a concern in Baseball!

That's just my opinion but I really doubt he was scared bc of competition bc both QB would be primary running QBs and I feel they are pretty similar with other Qb maybe slightly faster. I think Junior Qb did what he thought would give him a better chance to play at the next level and I wish him the best of luck

For the New QB: I have him once during practice so i can't say he won't be good but For what I seen from that day is He needs work on his arm strength and We will see how he does this Friday in the scrimmage!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#32 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

I really doubt thats the case,

He wanted to focus on lascrosse which he has done very well at in big tournaments with his travel team. I think he is better suited as a lacrosse player than playing QB in football bc with His height!
He wouldn't be able play at the next level as a QB like ex: Tommy n Josh , both didn't go play football at the next level , both went to the sport where height isn't as much as a concern in Baseball!

That's just my opinion but I really doubt he was scared bc of competition bc both QB would be primary running QBs and I feel they are pretty similar with other Qb maybe slightly faster. I think Junior Qb did what he thought would give him a better chance to play at the next level and I wish him the best of luck

For the New QB: I have him once during practice so i can't say he won't be good but For what I seen from that day is He needs work on his arm strength and We will see how he does this Friday in the scrimmage!

I'll bet he didn't just randomly quit in the middle of summer 7v7s just because he allof a sudden decided on playing lacrosse. Was playing Lax part of he decision, maybe. But losing reps at QB probably was the bigger influence there. Just my thoughts

#33 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

Otherwords, I don't like what is happening so I'm taking my ball and going home.

I'll bet he didn't just randomly quit in the middle of summer 7v7s just because he allof a sudden decided on playing lacrosse. Was playing Lax part of he decision, maybe. But losing reps at QB probably was the bigger influence there. Just my thoughts

#34 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:18 PM

Mooresville Qb looks good Running , passing not so much and his name is Eli

Mooresville was planning to pass more with Murrell but that's prob going change back to all run mostly!!

West rowan Qb didn't look good in the scrimmage vs Hough but Hough has a prolific offense this yr

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#35 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:47 PM

On a side note that I didn't know, we have a new OC.

#36 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

On a side note that I didn't know, we have a new OC.

Yes and his name is Coach Paxton he will be calling the plays this yr, Latham is coaching the slots

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#37 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

Do you guys see the game between Mooresville vs. West Rowan any different since they will have a different QB. Do you think Mooresville will do better or worse against W. Rowan?

#38 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

Do you guys see the game between Mooresville vs. West Rowan any different since they will have a different QB. Do you think Mooresville will do better or worse against W. Rowan?

Again Just depends but I say it could go either way! but we will see after the scrimmage 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#39 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

Otherwords, I don't like what is happening so I'm taking my ball and going home.

Yep. And even if this isn't the reasoning behind it, the optics of it don't look good. But best of luck to him! I think this new kid is a good fit in our offense

#40 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:47 AM

Ask me this question after tonight lol. At a quick glance I think it helps us... fast athletic running QB. Might help us wear down the lineman for West. The last few times we beat west it had a lot to do with conditioning... so we will see

#41 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

Will these games be like 2 quarters for each game or how will they go about doing it?

#42 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

Will these games be like 2 quarters for each game or how will they go about doing it?

If you're talking about the Jamboree, 5 games, 2 quarters each

#43 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

Yes I was referring to the Jamboree. I've only been to two scrimage games and the last one was in 2012 when South scrimmaged against Mooresville. They played 2 quarters then. And the 1st one which was years ago it seemed like they lined up either the 20 or 40 yard line and had but so many plays to get the ball in. That scrimmage they couldn't pass or kick in which I didn't understand why.

#44 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

Yes I was referring to the Jamboree. I've only been to two scrimage games and the last one was in 2012 when South scrimmaged against Mooresville. They played 2 quarters then. And the 1st one which was years ago it seemed like they lined up either the 20 or 40 yard line and had but so many plays to get the ball in. That scrimmage they couldn't pass or kick in which I didn't understand why.

It's game simulation tonight so kicking will be a part of it.

#45 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:02 AM

Some good matchups for this evening games. I'm looking forward to going.

#46 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

Some good matchups for this evening games. I'm looking forward to going.

Bring rain gear just in case but looks like it should be dry for the majority of it

#47 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

Bring rain gear just in case but looks like it should be dry for the majority of it

I hope

#48 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

Yep that is a good idea. If they are playing in the rain it will make it more interesting. But hopefully the rain will hold off.

#49 BlueDevil62

BlueDevil62

JV Team

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

It's going to be a LONG season for Mooresville.  They looked terrible.  The O-Line is awful.  The defense can't tackle or cover a pass.  They don't tackle in practice and it shows on the field.  They are really going to be in trouble with the Charlotte teams.

#50 BlueDevil62

BlueDevil62

JV Team

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

No one wants to tackle this gorilla (referring to the Mooresville QB situation), so I will.  The returning Jr. QB had the job and it was his to lose.  Just what does he do when a transfer moved in?  Here is his only option:   Take charge and retain the job.  Just what does he do?  He tells the coach he is quitting.  This tells me a lot.  This kid is afraid of competition and feels he is entitled to the job: Well, he's not.  Coach Paxton does not try to talk him out of his decision.  Kudos to the coach.  If a kid is afraid to compete, just what will he do in a crucial game situation?  His true colors were shown when he saw he was going to have to fight for his job.  This is my opinion.  It seems there is some parental pressure being applied to this kid and Mom/Dad win the battle.  This seems to be  prevail on the HS sports level.  Parents get upset when little Johnnie rides the pine and Mom/Dad allows, and sometimes influences him/her to quit simply because he/she is not getting his/her way.  Just when are these parents going to realize when a player is on the coaches side of the fence, he belongs to the coach, not he parent?  I really feel sorry for the player is this particular situation.  Just what is he going to do in 10 years when he has to make a life decision?  Call Mom or Dad to bail him out?

Glad someone said it. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic