Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Early Preview: West Rowan at Mooresville

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:19 PM

History: This will be the 47th meeting (16th in meeting in recent yrs)! Mooresville has a slight edge on the falcons as Mooresville leads 25-22 (Mooresville is on a 1 game losing streak).

Now for this years matchup:

I believe both teams are slightly down this season. West Rowan lost a lot but will have a few key returns. I wouldn't Don't count them out yet esp since they have a great HC in Nixon. West Rowan will have a new qb this season. West Rowan will most likely be a Run first team as I feel they will lack in the WR area.  West Rowan won last yrs meetings In a barnburner game in a 12-8 win.

Mooresville: Key will be Defense, Defense will be the main point this yr as esp the secondary. Mooresville wont have much of pass rush n Mooresville d-line wont be a good as years past. Mooresville offense will be a mystery but seem we will be doing a lot of short routs this season with our heavy run game. 

Outlook for the game: Very slow game with a low score affair again  this season. I believe whoever get hot first will win this game. I'll give Mooresville a slight edge as they are at home. 

What are your thoughts and opinions!? 

**Note: We are 50 days away** 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:37 AM

These two teams are certainly a great matchup. I'm glad they have them playing year after year. The record of these two teams are showing that they are good rivals between the two. I'm believe that this game will be tight and slow scoring.
With the cool weather we been having the last couple days has sure got me into the football mood. I am ready for this the season to start.

#3 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:59 AM

These two teams are certainly a great matchup. I'm glad they have them playing year after year. The record of these two teams are showing that they are good rivals between the two. I'm believe that this game will be tight and slow scoring.
With the cool weather we been having the last couple days has sure got me into the football mood. I am ready for this the season to start.

This year game will be like last yr game a low score affair and which both teams are down so 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#4 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:03 PM

Yeah I think this game could be a 14-10 or 17-14. I would give Mooresville the edge.

#5 jacks2start

jacks2start

Established Member

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

History: This will be the 47th meeting (16th in meeting in recent yrs)! Mooresville has a slight edge on the falcons as Mooresville leads 25-22 (Mooresville is on a 1 game losing streak).

Now for this years matchup:

I believe both teams are slightly down this season. West Rowan lost a lot but will have a few key returns. I wouldn't Don't count them out yet esp since they have a great HC in Nixon. West Rowan will have a new qb this season. West Rowan will most likely be a Run first team as I feel they will lack in the WR area.  West Rowan won last yrs meetings In a barnburner game in a 12-8 win.

Mooresville: Key will be Defense, Defense will be the main point this yr as esp the secondary. Mooresville wont have much of pass rush n Mooresville d-line wont be a good as years past. Mooresville offense will be a mystery but seem we will be doing a lot of short routs this season with our heavy run game. 

Outlook for the game: Very slow game with a low score affair again  this season. I believe whoever get hot first will win this game. I'll give Mooresville a slight edge as they are at home. 

What are your thoughts and opinions!? 

**Note: We are 50 days away** 

West returns some key guys,  the QB is returning from last yrs team in Payne Stolsworth,   RB Martavio Rankin,    WR Nick Newton,  they did lose alot of seniors but they do have some pieces to work with,

#6 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,230 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

Way too soon for me to even think about it... but quick glance, West Rowan should be favored by a TD

#7 BlueDevil62

BlueDevil62

JV Team

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

I wish I had the rose colored glasses you have. 

I think it is going to be a bad season for Mooresville.  I just don't see the talent this year.

I hope I am wrong.

#8 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

The more I think about this game the more it seems that I'm leaning toward Mooresville favor. Mooresville hasn't forgot about last year at W. Rowan. I'm sure they felt like they could or should had won that game. But my thinking is Mooresville is wanting Revenge. I don't know what it is but 28 points keeps popping up in my mind for that game.Since it's played at Mooresville I'm going to step out on a limb and say they will be able to squeeze out 28 points. I'm going to call it Mooresville 28 W. Rowan 14.

#9 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

I wish I had the rose colored glasses you have. 

I think it is going to be a bad season for Mooresville.  I just don't see the talent this year.

I hope I am wrong.

I Mean don't get me wrong I predict a 4-7 season but I can see 7-8 wins as well n I mean we have some talented player but we will be small on  the line and such but we will see.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#10 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:57 PM

The more I think about this game the more it seems that I'm leaning toward Mooresville favor. Mooresville hasn't forgot about last year at W. Rowan. I'm sure they felt like they could or should had won that game. But my thinking is Mooresville is wanting Revenge. I don't know what it is but 28 points keeps popping up in my mind for that game.Since it's played at Mooresville I'm going to step out on a limb and say they will be able to squeeze out 28 points. I'm going to call it Mooresville 28 W. Rowan 14.

I don't see it. IF Mooresville wins, it will be like 17-10 or something , I feel like 28-14 would be like if WR wins 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#11 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:22 PM

You could well be right but I remember back in 2011 when Mooresville broke W. Rowan winning streak that l called that one. I remember predicting the exact score on that one. I remember having people disagreeing with the fact that West Rowan would lose in that game. And sure enough Mooresville would pull it off. Like I said you could be right. I'm missed quit few in my time. I just been keeping up with HS football for over 30 years and sometimes you just get that certain feeling. But it's all in fun anyway. I maybe eating crow on my predictions. Lol

#12 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,230 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

You could well be right but I remember back in 2011 when Mooresville broke W. Rowan winning streak that l called that one. I remember predicting the exact score on that one. I remember having people disagreeing with the fact that West Rowan would lose in that game. And sure enough Mooresville would pull it off. Like I said you could be right. I'm missed quit few in my time. I just been keeping up with HS football for over 30 years and sometimes you just get that certain feeling. But it's all in fun anyway. I maybe eating crow on my predictions. Lol

I wish we even remotely resembled that 2011 team.... that team was awesome. Hardest working group I've seen come through since I moved to Mooresville in 2003.

Unfortunately this year-- we still don't/won't have a dependable passing game... and I don't expect our rushing attack to be as potent (mainly because of the inexperience on the o-line). I just see scoring points being an issue again this year, much like the start of last season. We'll have a better idea in 2 weeks when we line up against Charlotte Christian in the Jamboree.

#13 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:04 PM

That's true. Do you have any idea what W. Rowan will look like this year. Do they lose many? Or will they have back a good squad.

#14 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,230 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:14 PM

That's true. Do you have any idea what W. Rowan will look like this year. Do they lose many? Or will they have back a good squad.

No clue. I believe they're younger, graduated their playmaker from last year. They have a very solid returning QB I think.

#15 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

It does sound like it's going to be a tough match up between the two. It may well be low scoring defensive match. It could come down to who has the ball last.

#16 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

Most of their offense returns in QB, RB n 1 WR n one jv WR coming up in Houston who older brother is at Guildford so I believe WR will be decent but Defense will be the question which I think they will be Ok

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#17 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:22 PM

I just got some interesting news, if True then it will hurt Mooresville even more but not saying what until I get more info

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#18 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:59 PM

That doesn't sound good.

#19 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,230 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

I just got some interesting news, if True then it will hurt Mooresville even more but not saying what until I get more info

Won't hurt as bad as some may think imo.

#20 BlueDevil62

BlueDevil62

JV Team

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

I wish we even remotely resembled that 2011 team.... that team was awesome. Hardest working group I've seen come through since I moved to Mooresville in 2003.

That was a special team for sure.  They played as a team.  Perhaps the kids this year will come together. 

I do agree that the team is small, except for a few kids, the team in general is small.  It's early and some of the starters have not been in there, but right now the O-Line looks terrible.  They might want to think about a 2 TE set just to have some blockers but they seem to run more 0 tight end formations than they do with 1.  I have yet to see 2.

#21 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,230 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

I feel like this year is going to be a lot of last year...where the defense has to play out of their skins just to keep us in a game because of a struggling offense. I hope im wrong... just so much inexperience on that offensive side of the ball.

#22 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:43 PM

Well The rumor was Our starting QB isn't playing and We will have new QB coming from Hopewell but I haven't had anybody to confirm that rumor

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#23 84k

Established Member

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

[quote name="BlueDevilsBiggestFan" post="291121" timestamp="1501533795"]

Well The rumor was Our starting QB isn't playing and We will have new QB coming from Hopewell but I haven't had anybody to confirm that rumor[/quote

From what i was told today,the first part is true.

#24 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,230 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

[quote name="84k" post="291182" timestamp="1501608001"]

[quote name="BlueDevilsBiggestFan" post="291121" timestamp="1501533795"]

Well The rumor was Our starting QB isn't playing and We will have new QB coming from Hopewell but I haven't had anybody to confirm that rumor[/quote

From what i was told today,the first part is true.[/quote]

I know for a fact that Hopewell player is at mhs. Whether or not he slides in as the starter or of they go with the job QB (who I really liked in this offense).. is yet to be seen. But idc if we have Tom Brady back there-- if we can't block then it makes little difference who it is

#25 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Any idea who could be starting at QB for Mooresville yet?

JeffChapman-Dynamic