Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton 7 v 7

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,387 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

Anyone have a list of the teams there this week?

#2 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,387 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

Ok so I know we played: JL Mann, Shelby, Hough, Mtn Island Charter, Fort Mill, Lee Central and Manteo. Some pretty good teams. We had a tough day it sounded like (I wasn't there)

#3 jacks2start

jacks2start

Established Member

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:23 PM

Ok so I know we played: JL Mann, Shelby, Hough, Mtn Island Charter, Fort Mill, Lee Central and Manteo. Some pretty good teams. We had a tough day it sounded like (I wasn't there)

pretty sure Independence and Harding were  there, if i heard correct on a few,,,  Hough beat Shelby 20 - 8  and shelby beat Mooresville  18 - 2 ,  Fort Mill also did very well ,  i also heard Harding beat Independence 14 - 13 .  

#4 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:29 PM

Shelby went 4-1-1 and true only loss to Hough, and tie to team from Sc

#5 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,387 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:27 PM

pretty sure Independence and Harding were there, if i heard correct on a few,,, Hough beat Shelby 20 - 8 and shelby beat Mooresville 18 - 2 , Fort Mill also did very well , i also heard Harding beat Independence 14 - 13 .

You guys and I think Providence Day took us to the woodshed I heard... other than that I think we were pretty competitive down there (few 1 score games maybe). I wasn't there. Hopefully we come out hungry tomorrow. Double elimination I think?

#6 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:19 PM

Harding, yeah that Harding, finished 3rd, and will be heading to Atlanta.

#7 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:43 PM

Harding, yeah that Harding, finished 3rd, and will be heading to Atlanta.

Fun group to watch. Lot of speed. They clearly love their coaching staff. Beating Sun Valley is no small deal as Howell has a cannon and is tailor made for these deals.

#8 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,387 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:05 PM

Much better day from us. Lost to Hough and Mann Hough by 1 score. Had the hance to beat Mann but dropped the winner on final play. Great effort down there-- time to get ready for august now.

Congrats to Harding-- they were awfully impressive down there for sure

#9 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

Harding will be a sleep team with their stud RB n good athletes in QB n other positions

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#10 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

Shelby was 4th place. Lost to Harding in the F-4

#11 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:24 AM

Harding will be a sleep team with their stud RB n good athletes in QB n other positions

Sleep??  Nah....I think everyone woke up mid season last year. They have 6 or 7 D1 kids including one of the best backs in the country and one of the best Olineman in the state. If anything I think all the attention may hurt them somewhat. They caught  a bunch of schools by surprise late in the year last year. That isnt going to happen this year.

Its a 7 on 7 so we will see. Cool story though and I will be rooting for them. 

#12 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

Couple quick observations from about 4 hours of this tourney and the Air raid tourney at RH NW this week. Before anyone says anything....I get it . Its just football in shorts.

- The Howell kid from Sun Valley has a absolute cannon. Scored on every possession in the Shelby game and made it look easy. Put two 25 yard outs on the finger tips of the receivers over the hands of DB's with good coverage. Not a off the charts athletic kid but man he can spin it.

- Most athletic team I saw was RH Southpointe. I dont know where they find them but just a ton of long athletic kids that can run.

- Dont know what Shelby looks like up front but their back 7 looks like a college squad. Everyone knows about Dax but I am not even sure he is the best LB on the team at least in pass coverage. 6'2 or so safety who has a huge wingspan and can really move.

- Physically Charlotte Catholic looks like a different squad from 3 or 4 years ago. Not the NASA interns anymore. Somebody has been getting it done in the weightroom.

- Hough/Harding game in week one may be one of the most explosive games of the year. Lots of kids that can run.

- Fun watching the HArding kids get after it. They have clearly bought in to this HC and his staff. I dont know him but he looks and sounds like a guy I would have liked to play for. Hard nosed but doesnt take himself to seriously and always teaching.

- Spartanburg wins prize for most coaches at a 7 on 7. May have had more coaches than players. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic