Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

North Rowan at West Montgomery

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

Who ya got? This will more than likely be for conference title

#2 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,428 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

I don't necessarily beleive it's for the title, I beleive you're underestimating North Stanly who brings back a lot of returning talent and will have a say in the outcome.

With that said, I think it's North Rowan and everyone else.

#3 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Looks to me like u may be underestimating the Warriors, but that's ok we are use to it.

#4 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

49 points and they close the gap that quick?? I don't see it, we completely dominated last year and yes we lost some good players but not 49 points worth. U have faith in the Comets and that's ok

#5 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,428 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Looks to me like u may be underestimating the Warriors, but that's ok we are use to it.

I'll always be a fan of the West Montgomery program, but I know your spring hasn't been ideal and numbers have been very low during workouts. I hope WM is good, I'll certainly have my eye on them.

#6 Ladge

Ladge

Veteran Member

• Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

Not saying they can't, but hard to have a seamless transition losing 4 very good coaches ( 3 that are or have been HC's )

#7 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

We'll have to see. Akins knows what it takes so hopefully he gets the best out of them.

#8 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

Respect your site and all you do. West Montgomery lost our HC and two valuable assistants. An individual, who accepted the job and has yet to comment publicly on why he abruptly left, probably cost us one that would have been our head coach. The program is in great shape with Coach Akins. The numbers may have been down when you saw/heard due to numerous players participating in other sports or having academic obligations. The numbers are as strong in this off season workouts as they were last as far as starting/returning players. West returns quite a bit and at the QB position will be as versatile as they were with Capel. Please, pick West Montgomery #3 in the YVC. I believe they were picked second or third last preseason as well due to the number of seniors they lost. Even with all the chips stacked against them by losing in the title game, new coaches, new QB, underclassmen all over the field and a Jr. RB, I will be surprised if West Montgomery isn't sitting in a similar position as they were last season. North Rowan is a wild card in the conference. That game will be for the Conference Championship. No offense, but how many years in a row can anyone clamor North Stanly and have the same results year after year? Give it up. They peaked in the mid 90's and have been cannon fodder ever since. But look at the bright side. Albemarle is back to bottom feeding and North has a winning streak against them. 

#9 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

We have most of the offensive line back, a star in the making at RB, another RB they didn't need much on offense last year that is a load with speed, mobile QB that can make plays with his legs and several Defensive starters back. The Conference Championship will be at Warrior Stadium against North Rowan, period.

#10 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

WM1977 I heard today WM dominated 7 on 7 against E. Randolph and Lee County. The doubters better check out what's going on in Wadeville NC

#11 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

WM1977 I heard today WM dominated 7 on 7 against E. Randolph and Lee County. The doubters better check out what's going on in Wadeville NC

Dominated?

Uh no. Did their best work when other 2 HS had younger players in. Their QB can spin it though.

And after watching ER beat Hoke county in a 7 on 7 this week I don't put a huge amount of stock in such things. Hoke was made up of full grown men.

Glorified backyard tag football.

Good for reps for QB and receivers learning routes.

WM may turn out to be a fine, maybe even great, team in the fall.

Spring 7 on 7s not a good way to judge.

#12 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

Just what I heard from a coach. Pretty reliable source imo

#13 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:34 PM

Just what I heard from a coach. Pretty reliable source imo

That's fine.

Coaches are supposed to get excited over their players.

Sometimes they see things through rose colored glasses though.

#14 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

True. I'm ready for August

#15 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:24 PM

And dominated was probably wrong choice of words. I would say looked good rather..

#16 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:01 PM

YVC Prediction:

1. West Montgomery
2. North Rowan
3. North Stanly
4. North Moore
5. South Stanly
6. Albemarle
7. Chatham Central
8. South Davidson

#17 Scorekeeper

Scorekeeper

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

YVC Prediction:

1. West Montgomery
2. North Rowan
3. North Stanly
4. North Moore
5. South Stanly
6. Albemarle
7. Chatham Central
8. South Davidson

Looks about right. Pretty predictable conference.

#18 buddy rich

buddy rich

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:16 AM

I believe Albemarle could be 4th place this year..Much improved but still long way to go..Got several good athletes back playing that have been walking the halls........

#19 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:13 PM

The QB will be the difference maker in this season. He's the one player I was hoping that nobody started talking about. 7 -7 WM didn't perform to the level they could. They did what they had to. Anybody that knows football should evaluate the situation. Not going to elaborate on this anymore. ER....well, Cates ain't coaching and the split made y'all who you are. Enjoy mediocrity. Beat SWR and Randleman and call it a good year. 

As far as the Spring goes...well, it was hectic to say the least. But what North Stanly has NEVER had is a program. A program allows you to overcome adversities and still maintain a winning tradition. They'll be lucky to finish third or fourth. West Montgomery will be battling North Rowan for the title. Mitch Ellis and the "run and shoot" ain't coming to Wadeville this year. I hope that Albemarle gets it together and smacks it around Stanly County like they always have. See y'all in a couple of weeks. 

#20 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

ER???

What they do to draw such ire in a 1A thread?

If it was my response to WarriorLife04's post about 7 on 7 that caused your lashing out it is uncalled for. Lee County was the best team at that affair and will be in the fall as well. ER is adjusting to a new coach just like WM.

Heck I even bragged on WM's QB which apparently was wrong thing to do?

ER was more of a force in football as 3A team but beating Randleman and hopefully TW Andrews some years is not the definition of mediocrity

Have your HS schedule them non-con regularly before "the it ain't gonna happen down here" merger occurs and you will see it is not that easy.

And that doesn't even account for playing the Lincolntons, Clintons, Reidsvilles, etc in the mediocre filled 2A playoffs.

Good luck to the team you support this year. I even pulled for them myself in the playoffs the last few years because they are kinda from around here. 

#21 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

North Rowan by 14+ in this one

#22 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 406 posts