Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

WHC 2017

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:17 PM

Mitchell should have around 55+/-. 25 or so on jv, 30 roundabout on Varsity.

Heard we've got about the same, but maybe more on jv than varsity for now

#52 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Heard we've got about the same, but maybe more on jv than varsity for now

A friend in the program told me today there was more on jv than on varsity.

#53 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

I think we had 29 or 30 true Varsity players last year so we're not too far off, I'm sure some kids will move up if needed, I know we have more than enough at the skill positions this year

#54 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

Any word about Madison and how there doing? Avery might turn some heads this year, if they stay healthy. They are mighty lean in Newland, but should be scrappy.

#55 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:51 AM

Interested to see how the warriors look this year without Sexton, if they lose to Mitchell and Heritage I don't see them making any noise in the MAC but something tells me they will win at least one of the two games, Erwin will always be fast no matter who's coaching them, From the way everyone is talking should be a big year for Heritage with five of Heritages first seven games being @brevad, Erwin,@salisbury, @hendo, then the big game with Mitchell there's plenty of room to make a statement, can't wait for the season to get started got a big scrimmage coming up in canton this friday with Swain and Pisgah

#56 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:58 AM

lol posted this on the wrong thread

#57 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

Anyone going to paper town to watch the 3 way tonight?

#58 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

Anyone going to paper town to watch the 3 way tonight?

I'll be there, I'll post updates on here

#59 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

Well I didn't make it to the scrimmage, but from what I heard Heritage looked to be the best team there tonight, only score that came on the varsity was a bomb from swain

#60 Cougars66

Cougars66

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

Heritage looked very good last night..moved the ball well and the D was flying all over the feild..was impressed with swain there big on the line and there qb was really throwing the ball well in a down pouring rain..pisgah last night really didnt look like a top 10 2a team..

#61 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 878 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

I agree with cougar 66, Heritage destroyed Pisgah on the line, the bears could not move the ball. Swain looks lot better then last season, look for them to make A run for 2nd in the smc.

#62 WNCfootballFan

WNCfootballFan

JV Team

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

I thought all teams at scrimmage last night looked solid. I wouldn't put too much stock in what you saw from Pisgah. They have lots of weapons on O and seemed to keep it pretty basic. Their first team only play 16 snaps(8vs S, 8 vs Mtn.H) two starting corners were on sidelines in raincoats. I was very impressed with Swain as well. I can see why all three teams are picked to battle for conference crowns.

#63 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:57 PM

I thought all teams at scrimmage last night looked solid. I wouldn't put too much stock in what you saw from Pisgah. They have lots of weapons on O and seemed to keep it pretty basic. Their first team only play 16 snaps(8vs S, 8 vs Mtn.H) two starting corners were on sidelines in raincoats. I was very impressed with Swain as well. I can see why all three teams are picked to battle for conference crowns.

lol really were they preserving players for their title run, but I agree it's just a scrimmage

#64 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

Anyone heard anything out of Madison, Polk, Avery, or Owen?

#65 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:25 PM

Anyone heard anything out of Madison, Polk, Avery, or Owen?

Polk has looked good in 7 on 7's, but I'm afraid their line will be a hindrance. Avery might turn it around this season, I hear their defense is looking stout, but with few offensive options they won't be able to get in a shootout with anyone.

#66 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:04 PM

Andrews played robbinsville close in a scrimmage last night.

Season prediction Robbinsville 42 Andrews 7.
Scrimmage and 7 on 7 mean nothing.

#67 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:24 AM

Andrews played robbinsville close in a scrimmage last night.

Season prediction Robbinsville 42 Andrews 7.
Scrimmage and 7 on 7 mean nothing.

I agree, but it's the only thing we have to go by at this point of the year, no need to be defensive

#68 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:41 PM

Im not.
Andrews acted like they won state. Every year after we scrimmage them I get to hear how they have something for robbinsville this year but then we beat them by 35+. Some teams don't show thEir hand until the dealings done.

#69 BDWarrior

BDWarrior

Established Member

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

Why are two conference teams scrimmaging each other?

#70 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe that the conference will be the strongest top to bottom it has been in a while. Mitchell and heritage are still up top, but 3-5 could be anyone's race (with Polk, Avery or Madison possibly knocking off one of the top 2). I have not seen Madison or Polk, but I trust the people that have, and I hear good things. Saw Avery in person, and was surprised at their improvement. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Vikings challenge for the top spot. I could be farting in the wind with this, but I've got a hunch. Polk has the speed, Madison is HUGE, and Avery has a fine balance. I'll of course eat my words if I'm wrong...

#71 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

Well get that plate ready. LOL. Maybe its just been a long time since the last football season...

JeffChapman-Dynamic