Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

WHC 2017

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 PC_2007

PC_2007

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

Polk beat Enka,Tuscola,Robbinsville and Erwin.Then tied West Hendo and lost to Brevard by a touchdown.

#27 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

Just heard from a buddy heritage, Erwin, hendo and Polk all looked real good

#28 InnerCityPreps

InnerCityPreps

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

Wouldn't put too much stock into 7 on 7s. It's basically there to gel the receivers with the QB, route tree acclimation and for the QB to work on timing, etc. It is fun to watch and can give you an idea on skill position talent.
- Simply stated.

#29 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

Wouldn't put too much stock into 7 on 7s. It's basically there to gel the receivers with the QB, route tree acclimation and for the QB to work on timing, etc. It is fun to watch and can give you an idea on skill position talent.

Oh hush. It's all we've got to talk about right now.

#30 Packleader

Packleader

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

True that Ollis will make a difference, but I question if the talent is there. They lost storm wheeler and James wingo. Dillon Overholt is a stellar athlete, but will he be enough to carry the team to success? Polk's jv teams have been fairly lackluster the last few years. And welcome to our world. We had to play hendo then y'all back to back the last few years.

In regards to Mountain Heritage, the offense should be fine, but how is the defense going to hold up this season? You lost a few of those good secondary players. Other than special teams (which Joey has never emphasized) I think the defense might be your weakness this year.

with me being a ex-player that graduated i can concur that polk will be a much better contender this year than the past two years. polk only graduated 8 seniors and only like 5 of them started. yeah jaymes was a good rb/fb but he can be replaced they have a rising junior thats just as talented.Wheeler only played 2 full games the whole season. so he was not a factor. aside from the fact jaymes is gone the backfield is still the same backfield. the line is only replacing a tackle so they aint really nothing changingfor the offense. the defense is still the same inside the box except the slb graduated. so.. pretty much all familar faces just a better attitude going into the season.  

#31 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

Good to know. I want the conference to be equally strong top to bottom. How is the o line looking? I know that was probably the biggest weakness last season. Our linebackers and ends kept pressure on Overholt the whole game last year.

#32 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

Defensive backs were not very strong either last year. They may have some help coming from JVs. A team that throws the ball a lot would definitely give last years secondary a hard time, but we had our issues at times as well.

#33 Rocket

Rocket

JV Team

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

Some rumors are flying around in Marshall and they are not good if true. We shall see what happens...

#34 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

Yep it's about that time of year for Madison to royally screw up. What have you heard?

#35 Rocket

Rocket

JV Team

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

I will PM you.

#36 WNCfootballFan

WNCfootballFan

JV Team

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

I've heard the same thing Rocket

#37 Magnum

Magnum

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

I was at the 7 on 7 at Erwin. The teams that really stood out were Hendo, Roberson, Erwin, Burns, and Polk. Heritage looked very solid. Mitchell looked decent but on the slow side compared to some of the teams mentioned above. Madison looked really bad. Polk looked very good at the end but they were playing like it was a late season conference game and going all out. I really think they will surprise some people in the conference.

#38 Packleader

Packleader

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

Did anybody else here about the Madison coach leaving?

#39 Packleader

Packleader

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

Good to know. I want the conference to be equally strong top to bottom. How is the o line looking? I know that was probably the biggest weakness last season. Our linebackers and ends kept pressure on Overholt the whole game last year.

#40 Packleader

Packleader

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

The o line had only two seniors on there. Only one started the whole season. So all Polk ha's to do is replace one on the o line and move a person here and there. They are going to be a little bit smaller but even more nasty than last year. Believe that.

#41 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

Did anybody else here about the Madison coach leaving?

I heard he took the Basketball coaching position at Erwin High.

#42 Rocket

Rocket

JV Team

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

Just my 2 cents worth but I think losing Rhoadarmer will hurt Madison. At least they hired quickly and from within.

#43 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Almost August! I just want to give praise to our mountaineers. The players give back to the community more than they take and we have some good kids up here. Jesse Pitman and Brody Smith were my son's swimming instructors this summer, and have him as pumped about football as I am. They put in the hard work all summer, in the weight room, at camps and challenges, and in the community. My hats off to you boys, give em hell!

#44 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

Heard from a couple of people a few weeks ago, including one of Heritages coaches that numbers are pretty thin this year, haven't got an update yet as to why, but it was two weeks ago so maybe more kids will show up this week

#45 Magnum

Magnum

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:25 AM

Any scrimmage dates?

#46 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

Heard from a couple of people a few weeks ago, including one of Heritages coaches that numbers are pretty thin this year, haven't got an update yet as to why, but it was two weeks ago so maybe more kids will show up this week

Unusual at Heritage but seems to be a trend everywhere.

#47 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

What's Mitchell working with bowhunter

#48 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

Not sure the exact number but have heard rumors of around 50 total. Again, I have been out of town and have not gotten solid info...yet

#49 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

Mitchell should have around 55+/-. 25 or so on jv, 30 roundabout on Varsity.

#50 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

I'm not quite sure on Heritages exact numbers either just heard it was lower than last year

JeffChapman-Dynamic