Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Central Academy New HC Announced

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

http://www.charlotte...e156748079.html .... Thoughts?!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 734 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

Jeff is a good man and a good coach. He is committed to being there for a long time. Jeff has been a solid assistant for several years and worked in some good programs. I know he's been looking for a chance to be an HC and this is a good opportunity to change the culture there at CATA. I'm sure he'll work his butt off for them. Congrats Jeff!

#3 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,478 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

Jeff is a good man and a good coach. He is committed to being there for a long time. Jeff has been a solid assistant for several years and worked in some good programs. I know he's been looking for a chance to be an HC and this is a good opportunity to change the culture there at CATA. I'm sure he'll work his butt off for them. Congrats Jeff!

Agreed 100%, I think this is a great hire for CATA. 

#4 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:35 PM

Do u think he will have enough talent and support to do well there? Central hasn't had a winning record yet and their best was 5-7! They do play some decent teams in their 11 game schedule and I think They could challenge MT Pleasant for that Top spot in the conference if everything comes together n they get better!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#5 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,478 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:07 AM

I really think the deck is stacked against CATA ever becoming a football powerhouse but I'll never say never because stranger things have happened. The school is 24-88 and has never posted a winning record so Edwards will have his hands full, but they have had some bright moments including a 27-23 first round playoff victory over Mt. Airy in 2011.

I really don't see them challenging Mount Pleasant, at least not in the short term, but in high school football, it just takes one really good principal willing to give the head coach the tools he needs to turn even the worst programs around.

#6 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

I really think the deck is stacked against CATA ever becoming a football powerhouse but I'll never say never because stranger things have happened. The school is 24-88 and has never posted a winning record so Edwards will have his hands full, but they have had some bright moments including a 27-23 first round playoff victory over Mt. Airy in 2011.

I really don't see them challenging Mount Pleasant, at least not in the short term, but in high school football, it just takes one really good principal willing to give the head coach the tools he needs to turn even the worst programs around.

Well like u said Anything is Possible but It will be a tough task but I wish Mr. Edwards and everyone the best of luck this season

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#7 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

Support from a really good principal and AD is key. Jeff has his hands full, but he'll work hard to get it done. Nowhere to go but UP!

#8 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

What has hurt CATA from their opening season!? What are factors on why they haven't been good? Is it the location , Community or other things ?!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#9 Ladge

Ladge

Veteran Member

• Coach
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:44 AM

It is an academic magnet in the middle of Monroe. All football players go next door to Monroe HS. It is extremely difficult to get enough players with the academic rigor required thus No depth.
They will not challenge Mt. Pleasant for the conference.

#10 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

It is an academic magnet in the middle of Monroe. All football players go next door to Monroe HS. It is extremely difficult to get enough players with the academic rigor required thus No depth.
They will not challenge Mt. Pleasant for the conference.

Got ya, That is tough, They gotta find a way to keep their athletes from going to RedHawks but That's tough when RedHawks are always a Title Contender

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#11 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 734 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:25 PM

I was told by a friend that they really shouldn't even try to field a football team. It is that bad.

#12 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

I was told by a friend that they really shouldn't even try to field a football team. It is that bad.

R they better in other sports?

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#13 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:33 AM

Not from what he told me. He said they are terrible in most all sports.

#14 2AADirtyBirds

2AADirtyBirds

JV Team

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

Correction... Monroe doesn't take kids from CATA. Those kids are Monroe kids that leave out of Monroe Middle. Same thing goes for Union Academy. Both academy school take kids from Monroe.

#15 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

Apparently not many athletes are being lost from Monroe to CATA or UA. Monroe is pretty stocked.

#16 EGFAN75

EGFAN75

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

I assume CATA or UA are a lot like Highland Tech in Gaston County. They are schools with high academic standards. I would say that almost none of the students attend those schools for sports. They play sports for fun and because they are offered. My daughter actually graduated from Highland and I attended a couple of football games while she was there. It reminded somewhat of middle school football. Highland has no natural feeders (kids come from all other Gaston County), so the majority have never played football together and most of them are not “football players”, they are just kids playing football. Football has very little chance of succeeding at those type schools.

#17 Ladge

Ladge

Veteran Member

• Coach
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

Nothing to correct. The football players are going to go to Monroe. The students who want the Technology academics go to CATA.

JeffChapman-Dynamic