Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Brad Baker aims to bring stability to Rockingham County

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,992 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:56 AM

I visited yesterday with new head football coach Brad Baker at Rockingham County.  Check out his thoughts on the upcoming season. 

Link: Brad Baker aims to bring stability to Rockingham County

328.png

#2 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,358 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

Can they succeed with all their top talent heading to Reidsville? 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#3 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,992 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:15 AM

Can they succeed with all their top talent heading to Reidsville?

This year Rockingham County has lost one player to Reidsville, an offensive linemen who transferred before Baker was even hired. It's going to have to start with the youth teams and middle school teams and build from the bottom up to change the culture and establish a community feel.

While sure, Rockingham hasn't been a Mecca for great high school football talent or big-time teams, they're not rock bottom either. Lin Stadler did a great job of maximizing what talent they had and did about as good as anyone could have. I think RC is good enough to be a 5-6 to 7-4 team on average with a few big years sprinkled in. If Baker can do that over a 4-6 year span, anything is possible.

Even a juggernaut like West Rowan was dreadful before Scott Young arrived, they were around 100 games below .500 and we saw the transformation he made so that shows anything is possible.

#4 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

Idk much about Rockingham's talent pool-- but I like Baker as a coach. Wish him the best out there!

#5 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:24 PM

Brad Bakers is a good man , a good friend and a great coach, Former Mooresville Coach and I have all the respect for him! I believe he will do well at RC since he is from that area! He will make the school and community come together And Make them successful!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#6 rambbq

rambbq

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

Brad is a good coach..and actually was an assistant coach at Reidsville under Coach Teague for a couple of seasons several years ago....Good luck to him but Rockingham County HS is a tough place to win...............

JeffChapman-Dynamic