Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Reidsville looks to continue 2A dominance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,242 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

I visited with coach Jim Teague and the Reidsville program, make sure you check out this video from my latest stop on the #CPSummerTour17. 

Link: Reidsville looks to continue 2A dominance. 

329.png

#2 kms51

kms51

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

Chris what did you think of the rams? I haven't heard much in a while. I read what you posted, but curious of what you thought of the potential of the team.  

#3 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,242 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

Lots of speed and some good experience coming up. I'll see them 7 on 7 tomorrow. I'll have a better report then.

#4 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:32 PM

What I like about Teague is he doesn't judge an athlete by size. He puts the best athlete on the field. Let's the kids compete for a spot on the field. Lots of big kids have hugged the sidelines during those championship runs. Man recognizes heart and rewards it. I think the kids respond for the guy or he wouldn't be the king of the bling.

#5 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:30 AM

What I like about Teague is he doesn't judge an athlete by size. He puts the best athlete on the field. Let's the kids compete for a spot on the field. Lots of big kids have hugged the sidelines during those championship runs. Man recognizes heart and rewards it. I think the kids respond for the guy or he wouldn't be the king of the bling.

I wish Statesville would do that. Put your best players on both sides. That's what I like about programs like Reidsville and Lincolnton.

#6 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:32 AM

I would have liked to have seen Reidsville vs Shelby in 2016.

#7 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,242 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:43 AM

After watching them today (minus the line), I've concluded that while still young and missing their starting quarterback who's on vacation, Reidsville looks like, well a typical Reidsville football team.

They are small at the skill positions but they're fast, quick, and have a pretty good understanding of what to do on the field.

Given their schedule, I still beleive that they'll go 11-0 but at worst could go 9-2 wigh tough games against HP Andrews and NW Guilford.

#8 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,242 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:45 AM

#9 kms51

kms51

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

After watching them today (minus the line), I've concluded that while still young and missing their starting quarterback who's on vacation, Reidsville looks like, well a typical Reidsville football team.

They are small at the skill positions but they're fast, quick, and have a pretty good understanding of what to do on the field.

Given their schedule, I still beleive that they'll go 11-0 but at worst could go 9-2 wigh tough games against HP Andrews and NW Guilford.

I think Magna vista, Va maybe the toughest game on the schedule

JeffChapman-Dynamic