Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Who will be the next HC @ NW Guilford

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Livstrng

Livstrng

Established Member

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:56 PM

From an inside source close to NW Guilford they have reached out to Aaron Beal Defensive Coordinator at East Forsyth for the Head Football Coaching position along with 3 other Coaches in the area. Now it’s just a matter can they persuade him to leave East Forsyth and come back. From what I’ve been told it was very ugly when he left NW.  

Chris,

I know you keep up with Forsyth County Football too.  What are your thoughts on Coach Beal at East Forsyth?  Could he take over at NW and make them a Conference Champion or potential State Champion? Could NW compete with and beat Page on a regular?

Also, does anyone else have any input on Coach Beal Or do you guys know who else could be in play?  I hear it is also current West Forsyth OC Kevin Wallace.  Any truth to this?  The other guy could be Pat Neal current NW DC and former Grimsley Head Coach.  

#2 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:07 PM

From what I heard coach Neal won't get the job due to some certification issues. Coach Neal would be the best fit. I've also heard that Southeast Guilford old coach may be in the mix.

#3 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,476 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

I've spoken with Beal and he's given me no indication that he's seriously considering it. He just states that he's happy with and committed to Coach Willert and the East Forsyth program.

If they decided they didn't want to go the interim route, I would look towards someone like Martin Samek at Parkland.

This late it'll be hard to get an established head coach which is why I'd consider an interim. There is a few veteran coaches out there looking at jobs I'd consider. Guys like former Edenton head coach Jim Collins, former West Rowan coach Scott Young, or former East Davidson coach Vance Hanner.

#4 FB-Trap

FB-Trap

JV Team

• Coach
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:30 PM

I'd certainly entertain Samek. What about Kevin Wallace?

#5 NF_VIKINGSFB

NF_VIKINGSFB

• Coach
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:37 AM

From an inside source close to NW Guilford they have reached out to Aaron Beal Defensive Coordinator at East Forsyth for the Head Football Coaching position along with 3 other Coaches in the area. Now it’s just a matter can they persuade him to leave East Forsyth and come back. From what I’ve been told it was very ugly when he left NW.  

Chris,

I know you keep up with Forsyth County Football too.  What are your thoughts on Coach Beal at East Forsyth?  Could he take over at NW and make them a Conference Champion or potential State Champion? Could NW compete with and beat Page on a regular?

Also, does anyone else have any input on Coach Beal Or do you guys know who else could be in play?  I hear it is also current West Forsyth OC Kevin Wallace.  Any truth to this?  The other guy could be Pat Neal current NW DC and former Grimsley Head Coach.  

Why would NW head coach make a lateral move to Page, if he felt NW could contend with Page on a regular and be conference champion in the new conference.  Seem to me, he figures Page gives him the best opportunity of all you are asking.

JeffChapman-Dynamic