Coaches Moving Van | Scoreboard | Standings | Coaching Records | Stadium Project | Team Pages
South Fork 2A
Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:46 PM
I think it's fair to say that both Lincolnton and East Lincoln will take at least a half-step back but to what degree is still unknown. Both should still have a fair amount of talent but it's very obvious that both were hit very hard by graduation, and in East's case, losing a premier coach.
Maiden should also have some question marks with their graduation of Caleb Farley, but like the other two teams mentioned, they should still have some talent returning.
Newton-Conover will be young still and only play with about four seniors, but they will return a large number of returning starters from last year's sophomore and freshmen classes.
While I'm not sure they'll compete for the title or not, North Lincoln could make some noise moving down from the 3A and running a new system under coach Steven Pack.
Bandys and West Lincoln are both very well coached and play hard so you know they'll have the ability to knock off a few of the above mentioned teams and Lake Norman Charter will be somewhere in that mix as well.
Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:20 AM
This is my pick: Top teams East Lincoln, Lincolnton, NC, Maiden and possibly N. Lincoln pulling out a surprise win over any of these I listed. Of the ones I mentioned may not end in this order.
Bandys I think will improve but how much is the question. And I'm not sure about West Lincoln. JMO
Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:36 PM
Lincolnton got a big blow when the two Littlejohn's left for Georgia. No shortage of tough kids at Lincolnton High.
Marcus Graham leaving East Lincoln for Mallard Creek was a huge blow and now he is abandoning that for a charter school. WR Fraser left for William Hough in Huntersville. Coach Byus is gone to Parkersburg, WV. Hard to recover from all that but I feel certain they will continue the winning ways but they will not be favored as in the past.
Newton-Conover will start a butt load of under classmen. They will need to mature fast. Scoring will not be an issue. But Newton has not played defense since 2010. They get the instruction but can't seem to grasp defense wins games and touchdowns get headlines. Time to play shutdown for every play. The natives are very restless in the stands but they need understand tough defensive kids have not been coming to the program.
Bandy's has less kids coming out year after year that anytime I have seem since football began in the late 1950's. Haven't a clue about this year's participation but both football and wrestling has been a sham of themselves for five or more years. Expect much more of the same.
These four teams could win the conference at the end- Newton, Maiden, East Lincoln, Lincolnton. All 4 will be in the mix. No Surratts or Little-johns brings everybody back to gravity.
Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:03 PM
Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:51 AM
2. Newton-Conover- Can beam finally get it done with experienced talent
3. Maiden-Lost alot to graduation but getting a young talent from a good JV team and a game changer plus a favourable non confrence expect these these young devils to be confrence contenders
4. East Lincoln-losing Byus and Graham was a killer. But program like east Lincoln don't stay down for long
5. West Lincoln-Could be one of the most talented teams the rebels have had Lost very little from last years playoff team who upset Newton Conover last year. Add that to a good JV team they could be a huge dark horse in the confrence
6. Bandys-has culliver finally healthy fully but does the trojans have enough talent to over throw power houses
7. Lake Norman Charter- got blown out in against big name schools last seadonexpect the same in the South forks but who never knows
8. North Lincoln- will be way better under pack but will take time to develop
Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:40 AM
Newton Conover went 6-0 on the 7 on 7 Tourney http://observernewso...day-newton-7v7s
But I will always say this when will Matt beam deliver at Newton
Beam lost a golden opportunity when he turned down the Richmond Senior job a couples years ago after his first year at Newton. But I understand the decision. Family first. Always. Great father, it's all that matters in these times.
Newton-Conover will have the most speed in the conference. I think East Lincoln will have the best defense. Maiden's success will be spread around more this year. Lake Norman Charter will have the most Mercedes. West Lincoln will have the biggest trucks.
When will Bandys ever be the same?