Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Westover football coach Stephen Roberson takes job in South Carolina

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

http://www.fayobserv...-south-carolina

#2 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,204 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

I've known about this move for several months, or at least it's potential. The SC district took its time with the selection and hiring process.

Westover has potential to be extremely good this year and prior to Roberson's departure was a borderline preseason Top-25 team. The returning talent is excellent and they have one of the best rising sophomore running backs in NC.

The administrative support, or lack there of could make or break this hire and potential breakthrough seasons.

At this point I think current assistant and former Goldsboro head coach Eric Reid has to be among the favorites.

Have also heard rumblings already about current St. Paul's and former EE Smith head coach Ernest King returning to Cumberland Co.

I would also seriously consider Maurice Huey who's at East Columbus and has Westover ties.

Some other outside the box names I'd consider would be the return of former Westover head coaches Milton Butts or George Coltharp.

JeffChapman-Dynamic