Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Chris and Carolina Preps live at Freedom

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Since taking over as our head coach Jim Bob Bryant has been doing a lot to stir up excitement for Patriot football in the off-season.  Tonight he had an event in the stadium which featured a series of workouts to culminate spring practice, the community could come out and get a chicken dinner and admission for $10.  To my surprise Chris turned up and did a live broadcast on facebook.  It looks like Coach Bryant is doing a lot of new and innovative things to get the team and community fired up for the coming season and I am excited to see how the team does this fall.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#2 crestcharger02

crestcharger02

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

Won't take long for JBB to have Patriots in contention. Wouldn't mind seeing Roberson get the boot from Crest schedule and replaced by Freedom.

#3 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,204 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:57 PM

Freedom has some impressive looking talent. It won't be long before they're a contender. Maybe even this year.

#4 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

Should be fun game to see, between Freedom and Shelby

#5 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,204 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

Should be fun game to see, between Freedom and Shelby

Certainly on my short list for opening week games I may decide to go see.

#6 Coachcre

Coachcre

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

I would not mind seeing Freedom and Crest myself. The problem is with only having to schedule 4 non conference games, we are made play all 3 county schools which I personally hate we are made do that. I wish That rule would be changed in the county. I am personally excited to see where coach Bryant takes this program as we got a lot of good young talent which is only going to get better. One name I think people will be hearing a lot of in the next few years is Jayden Birchfeild who is a rising 10th grader that I feel will end up being a star at qb.

#7 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

Shelby loaded on D.... Dax hollifield will be a beast at LB.
On offense we have lots of skill players back, just got to replace some lineman

JeffChapman-Dynamic