Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Who Has The Best Chance To Win It All

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 12thMAN

12thMAN

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

Who Has The Best Chance To Win It All

#2 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:45 PM

1AA Champ will once again have to face a Beast from the East. Holmes drops down from being a 2A powerhouse to now a 1AA powerhouse. Wallace and Kenan move up but Holmes moves down. Not saying that the talent from the West bracket isn't good enough to win but bottom line it's a different level of talent. I watched some of the best teams West Montgomery ever fielded chemistry wise last year and talent in the others. Not saying they didn't have talent, but last year's team was a group that knew they were going to State the day they stepped on the field in August. Not one team from the West will play a team that has the combination of size, speed, athleticism, speed and speed that the teams down East play on a weekly basis. You get strong teeth by eating steak, not mashed potatoes. Until the NCHSAA starts dropping some of the duds in 1A and combining conferences to force the teams to play 1A teams that are good it'll be more of the same. The best shot for the West bracket will be in small 1A. The 1A schools down East with the exception of a few are not nearly as talented as the group we have in the West. Mt. Airy, East Surry, North Rowan and West Montgomery will be in the mix for representing the West if Murphy stays small. West and North will finally get together again and this time we are hoping that the run'n'shoot offense doesn't exist anymore!!! West is deeper, a year older and has a few surprises come August.............

#3 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

Offense will look much different, excited to see. Defense will be solid with Akins HC now. Our season doesn't really start til November when North Rowan comes to Warrior Stadium.

#4 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:27 PM

Hard to say yet, but here goes:
1aa- West Montgomery fans are confident in their warriors this year, and they are usually right about their warriors. East Wilkes returns a bunch from a decent season, and adds members from a 2 year undefeated jv squad. The cards will be very good this year. Never count Swain out of any discussion, nor East Surry for that matter. I know nothing of North Rowan.
1aa East: Tarboro should be good again with tons of speed and athleticism. Holmes just played for a 2a state championship, and shouldn't fall off from last season. East Carteret can make some noise also.
1a West: Murphy had one nasty defence last season, along with a killer I line. They return a lot and will go deep again. Mount Airy is predicted to be small, and the bears also have a mean defensive squad. Mitchell returns all but 2 from last year, and should be in prime position to go deep.
1a East: Plymouth. No one else lol.

1aa West West Montgomery vs East Wilkes
1aa East Holmes vs Tarboro
West Montgomery vs Holmes
West Montgomery champions

1a West Murphy vs Mitchell
1a East Plymouth vs Southside
Mitchell vs Plymouth
Plymouth champions

#5 Alex Rains

Alex Rains

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

I like what your dishing out Mountie, but Plymouth isn't going to just run through the East. We kick off the season facing Tarboro at their place and also get to face Edenton in conference play a little later. For the 1st time since 2005 we very well may have to hit the road for a playoff game. I know, boo hoo, but it can make a difference. Southside has given Plymouth all they had the past two seasons and the Vikings were very blessed to get to the championship game. The Seahawks may be down just a hair this season, so depending on how things shake out, don't be surprised if North Edgecombe or maybe even Gates County if they drop to 1-A giving Plymouth a tough road back to the Championship Game.

#6 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:15 PM

Better watch out for MICS. If there is anyone in the 1a west with the horses to knock off Murphy, it's them. Not saying they will, just think they are the team with the best chance to do it. Based on what I saw last season I don't see another legit threat unless Mt. Airy moves down or unless Murphy ends up having to travel to Mitchell. If Mitchell comes to Murphy again I see a similar result as last season.

#7 KW23

KW23

Established Member

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

i watched mount airy lose to west montgomery last year, murphy and mitchell would have beat them last year in my opinion.

#8 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

1aa East: EH vs. Tarboro
1aa West: WM vs. N Rowan

EH vs. WM final. EH champs

1a east: Plymoth vs. Southside
1a west: Murphy vs. well does it really matter?

Ok Murphy vs. MICS

Murphy vs. Southside final. Murphy champs

Other contenders (no particular order): Mt.Airy, Robbinsville, Swain, Mitchell, East Carteret, Cherokee, East Surry. I'm sure there are others but it is late and I am tired so apologizes for those I have left out.

#9 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:45 PM

I'm just going to be honest (and in no way trying to gloat): IF their o-line comes together and Curry stays healthy there's nobody out west beating Murphy this year, that includes 1A or 1AA. This is the deepest and best all around skill position talent Murphy will have had since the early '90s.

JeffChapman-Dynamic