Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

WMYA's Thursday Night Lights lineup announced

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bootlegger

Bootlegger

JV Team

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

http://www.citizen-t...aled/359789001/

#2 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

Aug. 17 Pisgah vs. Murphy at Western Carolina University
Aug. 24 Erwin at Mountain Heritage
Aug. 31 Robbinsville at Enka
Sept. 7 West Henderson at North Buncombe
Sept. 14 Smoky Mountain at Cherokee
Sept. 21 Open date
Sept. 28 Reynolds at Tuscola
Oct. 5 East Rutherford at R-S Central
Oct. 12 West Henderson at North Henderson
Oct. 19 Mitchell at Polk County
Oct. 26 Madison at Owen
Nov. 2 Hendersonville at East Henderson

The opener should be a fantastic game and week 2 won't be bad either. Murphy and Pisgah should be two of the better teams in WNC with the Bulldogs the odds on favorite to repeat as state champs. Erwin and Heritage could be a great game wit both teams primed to have another good year. The ACR @ Tuscola game could be good as well if the Mountaineers can reload on offense. There are also some blowouts on this schedule.

P.R. Graham

SMC

The standard in 1A since 1969

26 state titles in 35 apperances

22 consecutive finals appearances

SMC 1A/2A 32 state titles

#3 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:47 AM

Awesome. I thought they did away with this. Week 1 and 2 will be great games. Like paul said, if Tuscola can reload, then week 7 should be fun too. If coach Ollis and Dillon Overholt can get Polk rolling again, then Mitchell @ Polk could shape up into an exciting matchup like the very first tv game.

#4 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,362 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:06 AM

Time Warner is no longer doing the games. I think local stations or another company is still allowed to televise. Remember for areas TWC did not cover they were allowing other production options to televise.

#5 Packleader

Packleader

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

Awesome. I thought they did away with this. Week 1 and 2 will be great games. Like paul said, if Tuscola can reload, then week 7 should be fun too. If coach Ollis and Dillon Overholt can get Polk rolling again, then Mitchell @ Polk could shape up into an exciting matchup like the very first tv game.

I think polk will be in a whole lot better shape this year than last. the overholt kid gets to keep the same backfield as he had last season (minus #1) and just have to replace one tackle on the line.. other than that aint nothing new..and with ollis back in the mix, everyone should be  fired up and ready to go..im not expecting an overwhelming victory from either sides but i do expect a better game between these two good programs than last year. 

#6 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:32 PM

I think polk will be in a whole lot better shape this year than last. the overholt kid gets to keep the same backfield as he had last season (minus #1) and just have to replace one tackle on the line.. other than that aint nothing new..and with ollis back in the mix, everyone should be fired up and ready to go..im not expecting an overwhelming victory from either sides but i do expect a better game between these two good programs than last year.

Good to know. I'm tickled pink that Polk is back to 1a.

#7 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

That's what a early college will do for you. Moves a 2a down to 1a.

#8 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

That's what a early college will do for you. Moves a 2a down to 1a.

Waaaa! I see you got the 'ol crying towel out early this year!

#9 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:31 AM

Our early college has about 60 students. From Mitchell and Mountain Heritage. Polk used to be 1a...

#10 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

BK complaining about an early college... say it ain't so!

#11 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:47 PM

Does anyone know how Pisgah and Tuscola are looking this Spring heading into the season?  I know both teams lost allot of Seniors and impact players but I am sure they will be reloading! 

I just looked at Swain schedule and we are at Pisgah on August 11th (maybe a scrimmage-not sure) and we have Tuscola at Swain on August 18th.  Should be a good matchup! 

I look forward to these Thursday night light games!  Maybe Swain can get one in the next year or two. 

#12 PHS Bear

PHS Bear

JV Team

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

Does anyone know how Pisgah and Tuscola are looking this Spring heading into the season?  I know both teams lost allot of Seniors and impact players but I am sure they will be reloading! 

I just looked at Swain schedule and we are at Pisgah on August 11th (maybe a scrimmage-not sure)

The Bears lots some talent for sure. You are right, we should reload. Swain has scrimmaged us the last few years. Others can talk better to Tuscola. I will say their JV team was impressive (cough).

JeffChapman-Dynamic