Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Best HS Band

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:32 PM

I know there is one in the 3A forums but Thought I would bring it up here in the 4a Forum

Who are the some of the Best HS band that you have seen?

My top 10:

1. Mooresville

3.Carver

5.West Char.

2.Scotland

4.AL Brown

6.South Iredell

7.North Lincoln

8.Alex. Central

10.West Iredell

9.West Rowan

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:07 AM

There is a lot of 4A school bands I haven't seen. But as I mentioned on the 3A board so far Mooresville is the best I heard. I'm hearing schools like Scotland Co. is good. Would like hear their band. It seem like West Charlotte good as well.

#3 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:36 AM

Now I'm humble about our football team but as far as bands I think the best band in the 704 is on IBM drive.
https://youtu.be/jdqcS578Glc

#4 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:56 AM

Carver is the best band I have seen.  They flat out entertain.  Came over to our side on the track and had a drumline.  It was epic!

#5 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

Carver is the best band I have seen.  They flat out entertain.  Came over to our side on the track and had a drumline.  It was epic!

Shelby's band is remarkable as well. All 12 of them.

#6 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

I know there is one in the 3A forums but Thought I would bring it up here in the 4a Forum

Who are the some of the Best HS band that you have seen?

My top 10:
1. Mooresville
3.Carver
5.West Char.
2.Scotland
4.AL Brown
6.South Iredell
7.North Lincoln
8.Alex. Central
10.West Iredell
9.West Rowan

That's an interesting way to count from 1 to 10 lol :D

Don't think Mooresville is #1 anymore... last year just wasn't up to the usual standard. Hard for me to argue Western charlotte... they are a very nice band.

#7 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

I seen a utube video on E. Burke and Harding. I thought they real good. Especially E. Burke.

#8 LongJohnThomas

LongJohnThomas

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

Dudley

#9 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

I haven't seen then in ages, but about 5 years ago, Hoke Co visited Butler for a playoff game, and the home crowd gave their band a standing ovation at halftime. It's still the only time I've ever seen something like that happen, on any level of football.

#10 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

That's an interesting way to count from 1 to 10 lol :D

Don't think Mooresville is #1 anymore... last year just wasn't up to the usual standard. Hard for me to argue Western charlotte... they are a very nice band.

Never heard of Western Charlotte

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#11 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

I haven't seen then in ages, but about 5 years ago, Hoke Co visited Butler for a playoff game, and the home crowd gave their band a standing ovation at halftime. It's still the only time I've ever seen something like that happen, on any level of football.

Is Richmond Band any good, I seen them one but they got over shadow by Scotland when I was at that game at Scotland in 2015

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#12 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:31 PM

Never heard of Western Charlotte

Got auto corrected lol

#13 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

Is Richmond Band any good, I seen them one but they got over shadow by Scotland when I was at that game at Scotland in 2015

Used to be a great band back in the 90s. Huge bands and great sound. The band director now, in my opinion, is terrible and doesn't connect well with the kids at all. They win trophies, but there's no "show", only parents of the players. At halftime, Raider fans go to the concessions and bathroom. When you need speakers to make your band sound louder, it's pretty lousy.

One that no one has meniorned.... Westover. Back in the old MSEC, no one and I do mean no one left when Westover came to Richmond County. Greatest band in the conference.

#14 ZBVANCE

ZBVANCE

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

I am with you on that Cougar Dad and IT AINT EVEN CLOSE. LOL
The last 2 to 3 years our band has grown and won best at camp at almost every competition they attend. They can do the formations and classics with the flag girls and then they drop the oldies but goodies on the crowd.... NOT EVEN CLOSE. lol

#15 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

I am with you on that Cougar Dad and IT AINT EVEN CLOSE. LOL

The last 2 to 3 years our band has grown and won best at camp at almost every competition they attend. They can do the formations and classics with the flag girls and then they drop the oldies but goodies on the crowd.... NOT EVEN CLOSE. lol

I guess if u march in formation and play 1950s swing is what they're talking about ZB, but if u wanna show come 2 IBM drive!!! "Royal sound of the south"
https://youtu.be/EfaylJK5G1Y

#16 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

High Point Andrews. They have won the state marching band competition for their size for a good number of years running and won the national title within the last 3 years for their division.

"You can't control the wind, but you can always adjust your sails."

#17 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

Shelby's band is remarkable as well. All 12 of them.

It's embarrassing honestly...don't really know what happened.  We used to have a great band.  I guess kids just lost interest in it.  Supposedly there are a lots of kids coming up from middle school that are in band so maybe one day we get above about 15 kids.

#18 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, we gave Carver a standing o when they performed at our place a couple years ago.....they we're fantastic.  

#19 SE Parent

SE Parent

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

Durham Hillside, NE Guilford and of course Dudley to name a few.

#20 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

North Rowan has a good band and Also Cuthberson band isnt too sabby either

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#21 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:59 AM

It's embarrassing honestly...don't really know what happened. We used to have a great band. I guess kids just lost interest in it. Supposedly there are a lots of kids coming up from middle school that are in band so maybe one day we get above about 15 kids.

#22 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:01 AM

One way to look at it. At least Shelby does have a good football team. Some teams has a good band but not so good of a football team. Lol

#23 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

North Rowan has a good band and Also Cuthberson band isnt too sabby either

It's really just more of a tuba section than anything... but I definitely liked them when I heard them at south

#24 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

It's really just more of a tuba section than anything... but I definitely liked them when I heard them at south

Was it them or Culbertson who went over to SI side n played for them

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#25 Alex Rains

Alex Rains

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:24 AM

Twenty years ago the Plymouth High School Band had a major tragedy happen. The saddest thing I've ever been involved with. News organizations from across the country covered the memorial service. The entire town shut down that day.

http://www.wral.com/...l/story/164514/

JeffChapman-Dynamic