Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

West Iredell/North Lincoln 2017

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

Both West Iredell and North Lincoln fell to the 2a Ranks.

West Iredell moves in a conference they is fairly weak other than Hibriten but 2-7 will be a battle but Where do u think WI will  finish in this conference? WI being in 2a will help them with their low number but they have some good talent there.

North Lincoln: NL joins a 8 team conference with the other lincolnton are schools. This one I believe with be Top heavy so with the bottom half fighting it out. North Lincoln will benefit from being 2a but do they have enough to WIN here. What do u think NL will in 2017 under New HC Steven Peck?

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

Both West Iredell and North Lincoln fell to the 2a Ranks.

West Iredell moves in a conference they is fairly weak other than Hibriten but 2-7 will be a battle but Where do u think WI will finish in this conference? WI being in 2a will help them with their low number but they have some good talent there.

North Lincoln: NL joins a 8 team conference with the other lincolnton are schools. This one I believe with be Top heavy so with the bottom half fighting it out. North Lincoln will benefit from being 2a but do they have enough to WIN here. What do u think NL will in 2017 under New HC Steven Peck?

I like how they tested thier selves better in non confrence in maiden actually. They have the Carolina Wildcats foard. Then will be majority tested vs Alexander central and Bessemer city. The South forks 2a will be loaded at the top with Newton Lincolnton east Lincoln and perhaps maiden and West Lincoln. It's hard to say. But we will find out a lot bout North Lincoln when they play Alexander central.

#3 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

I like how they tested thier selves better in non confrence in maiden actually. They have the Carolina Wildcats foard. Then will be majority tested vs Alexander central and Bessemer city. The South forks 2a will be loaded at the top with Newton Lincolnton east Lincoln and perhaps maiden and West Lincoln. It's hard to say. But we will find out a lot bout North Lincoln when they play Alexander central.

With NL, they do have some good competition non conference like u said, AC vs NL will be interesting Match up but like u and i stated , It will be top heavy I think NL will be in middle to lower end of the conference but NL will be more competitive and I think if Pack stays n builds they can maybe be Good again in few years

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#4 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:23 AM

Coach Pack is cutting his teeth at a program his former boss started at (Matt Beam). Smart move on his part. Expectations are not big at North Lincoln so if he goes over .500 he has done well. Hope things become different at North as many skill kids have jumped ship for Lincolnton and occasionally East Lincoln over the years. That trend will slow with Pack at the helm.

Things are going to get much better at North because the school districts will get revamped real soon. Massive numbers of houses are being built across from East Lincoln High. The growth in that area is exploding at a rapid pace. 1400 houses in one development. Think Mallard Creek.

#5 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

I don't see either program setting the world on fire anytime soon. Is North Lincoln Community economic growth going to be the next Mooresville/Lake Norman High School? 

For West Iredell I would like to see them improve, but their program going to have to find ways to get their numbers up. With coach Mike Natoli moving on from the Statesville Christian School to be the next HC at Indy. Maybe, West Iredell can keep more of their good ball players with the program. I am sure they have talent and speed walking the Hallways at West. If nothing is changing. I don't see West Iredell having much this year. They might have to rely on some 10th Graders to play on the Varsity and they lost Summers and Little their only key players. They wil have 1 good 10th grader that I am familiar with Kewi Smith. His dad was a stand out player for Statesville in the late 80s and early 90s. I don't playing think 2A is going to help them out much. At least they want have to play big 4A School like Mooresville and Lake Norman. I see West Iredell finishing at 2-9 or 3-8 at best.

#6 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

I know Hibeiten was real good this past season. I figure they will be the team to beat. My question is how many will they lose from last season? Will they be better this season than last?

#7 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

I don't see either program setting the world on fire anytime soon. Is North Lincoln Community economic growth going to be the next Mooresville/Lake Norman High School?

For West Iredell I would like to see them improve, but their program going to have to find ways to get their numbers up. With coach Mike Natoli moving on from the Statesville Christian School to be the next HC at Indy. Maybe, West Iredell can keep more of their good ball players with the program. I am sure they have talent and speed walking the Hallways at West. If nothing is changing. I don't see West Iredell having much this year. They might have to rely on some 10th Graders to play on the Varsity and they lost Summers and Little their only key players. They wil have 1 good 10th grader that I am familiar with Kewi Smith. His dad was a stand out player for Statesville in the late 80s and early 90s. I don't playing think 2A is going to help them out much. At least they want have to play big 4A School like Mooresville and Lake Norman. I see West Iredell finishing at 2-9 or 3-8 at best.

West Iredell being 2A will help with their low numbers some n Also having many of Their athletes going Both ways n with some of the 2A team having their players going both ways will help level out the playing field for West.

They return a decent core of players in Keenan Bunch, Dillan Davis, Jack Gibson, Ryan Tenor are the top returning players for WI. WI will have many SRs this yr so This year they need to do something bc In 2018, They will be Young!!

I also agree that they will Need to get players to stay and Join but also They will need to mix up their play calling bc at Few of their game last year like vs Mooresville, WC, n few others, their game calling was questionable but anyway, WI best chance of having a Winning record would be this year

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#8 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

Not to mention West iredell will be in one of the weakest confrence this season. Hibriten lost a lot from last years team. Could be very interesting how far the warriors climb up the standings. There will be plenty of winnable games for them in confrence play.

#9 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

I know Hibeiten was real good this past season. I figure they will be the team to beat. My question is how many will they lose from last season? Will they be better this season than last?

hibriten lost a ton of kids. Their JV did not do very well but they can still win the confrence based on strength. But I don't see hibriten going to the regional finals

#10 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

Not to mention West iredell will be in one of the weakest confrence this season. Hibriten lost a lot from last years team. Could be very interesting how far the warriors climb up the standings. There will be plenty of winnable games for them in confrence play.

I think WI has a chance to be 2nd to last in my opinion. I think WI has bit more speed and talent then few of their conference foes in this weak conference but I think Hibriten is still the fav to win the conference until proven other wises 

I think WI at best can have a 8-9 win season but I could see 2-9, 3-8 season as well

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#11 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

. I see West Iredell finishing at 2-9 or 3-8 at best.

I think WI at best can have a 8-9 win season but I could see 2-9, 3-8 season as well

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#12 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

hibriten lost a ton of kids. Their JV did not do very well but they can still win the confrence based on strength. But I don't see hibriten going to the regional finals

hopefully they will get more bleachers for the away side bc from what I have seen n heard; The away side Sucks at Hibriten

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#13 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

Hibriten lost alot of seniors but also had several Jrs and alot of sophomores contribute last year.
IMO Hibriten should cruise in conference with Patton being 2nd West Iredell should fall somewhere from 3-5.

#14 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:47 PM

Hibriten may have graduated many but they still have plenty of good players to easily win their conference. They will still be a top eight 2A team next year. Don't judge a future team based on JV performance. Most coaches move lots of 9th and 10th grade kids up and leave the JV team bare.

As Matt Beam at Newton-Conover once told a parent who asked why he didn't leave kids down- "I don't get paid to win JV games." Tom Brown when at Maiden moved every half decent kid to varsity for them to experience Friday Night.

#15 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:29 PM

Hibriten lost alot of seniors but also had several Jrs and alot of sophomores contribute last year.
IMO Hibriten should cruise in conference with Patton being 2nd West Iredell should fall somewhere from 3-5.

Why u think Patton will finish 2nd?

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#16 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:03 AM

Patton returns there entire backfield which was pretty good last year and the conference is very weak.

#17 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

It's possible that West Iredell might can prove me wrong winning more than 3 games, but 8 or 9 wins? That want happen. West Iredell has some decent players, but no big play makers.

#18 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

It's possible that West Iredell might can prove me wrong winning more than 3 games, but 8 or 9 wins? That want happen. West Iredell has some decent players, but no big play makers.

Look how weak Conference is, Top 3 is Patton , WI n Hibriten ... East Burke , Draughn , Bunker Hill and Fred T Foard aren't the Greatest of teams but I could see Foard in the Top 4 n BH has beaten WI before

WI has one thing than most of these teams and that is: Speed but Hibriten n maybe Few others but I have see Draughn before they really don't have any athleticism n they do have few Speed guys n some size but I think WI matches up well with most of these teams

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#19 DEER0526

DEER0526

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

HHS has multiple speed weapons they went 1,2,3 at conference track meet in the 100 also won 200 with they won the 4x100 and 4x200 with the 200 being won with 2 guys who didn't even run the 100 so there is 6 guys 4 of which are hnderclassmen nog to mention a 4.5ish kid coming up jv along with multiple other athletes. Can't see Pattons defense stopping us at all

#20 DEER0526

DEER0526

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

HHS can't help where they play! If our new QB can grasp the offense if will be a good playoff run we lost some good players but return more than we lost. At least 4 sophs who started and 3-5 juniors who started all the time or part time so 6plus starters on offense and prob 6 on defense these numbers could be more if you just kids who started some

#21 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

I just don't see hibriten as good as last season. They should have enough fire power to win the confrence. But we will learn alot about hibriten vs jay m Robinson and Newton Conover

JeffChapman-Dynamic