Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

The Road to Triage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:00 AM

Whether you are a 2A or a 4A fan you will be hearing a lot about about the Shelby's three headed linebacker crew this year. Here is some good advise for the Golen Lions opponents: keep the ambulance running. This threesome is special.

Dax Hollifield- ranked 2nd in the nation at the position. Offers from everywhere. If they haven't offered its because they know they have no chance at him. From Stanford to UNC they have been courting this young man. Quick, smart, ball hawk, big tall frame. Kid doesn't just tackle, he punishes people. Lays his body out for the team.

Jaylon Scott- offers all across the country are coming in. Kid still has two years of high school football remaining. Kid is 6'2, 225 and moves well in traffic to get to the ball. Can cover receivers like a defensive back.

Will Stites- not the big body like Holifield and Scott. Still sizable for high school. Makes it up with heart. Headhunter in every way. Sneaks down in the trenches where somehow he pops out of nowhere to smack the runner.

It's going to be a long year for Shelby opponents.

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

I imagine the Shelby fans is already making plans to go to the State Championship game this next season. Lol. I wouldn't mind going to a Shelby game or two especially the one against RH South Pointe.

#3 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

Shelby games are fun. They have had so much success that big plays don't even get them excited unless it goes for 100 yards. Big crowds and a lot of the people who come are not Shelby natives (on the Shelby side). I've met many of the posters from CarolinaPreps and the other site. Crest, Shelby, and Burns are good people. Great stadium and field. Pathetic parking though.

#4 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

Sounds like exciting games to go to. I'm determined to make at least one this year. Last time I seen Shelby play and I think it was the only time was when they were up against Bandys in 4th rd. of the 2A playoffs in 1997. That was a cold game.

#5 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:44 AM

I was in attendance at that game. I wore a goose down coat and bib pants I use for duck hunting. Never again. I'll read about it the next morning from the local paper.

#6 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

Where this Triage at?

Mapquest went wonkers when I typed it in.

Near Forest City?

#7 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:06 PM

Mapquest should have come up at Cleveland Regional Medical Center in Shelby. That's where triage will be administered.

JeffChapman-Dynamic