Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

If you could...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

If you had the power to set up one high school football game... matching up ANY two programs in the country.. what would your match up be?

My pick- Hoover (AL) vs Odessa Permian (TX)... the tv/movie game haha

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:30 PM

Good topic Bluedevil... This one I could list a few. If I could I would take the best years of St. Thomas of Aquinas, Florida up against the best years Duncan Byrnes, S.C. or would like to see one of the best Gaftney Indians which I think leads in State Championships up against one of the best Highland Bluebirds of Kentucky which has multiple State Champions as well.

#3 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

Colquitt County versus Dutch Fork. Let Tommy and Rush have at it. The pre-game press conf would be worth the price of admission.

#4 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

I would love to see a STA or IMG vs Hoover or something like that too. I would love to experience a game at Odessa Permian though.... I've seen pictures of that stadium... huugggeee. I'd love to experience any HS Football game in Texas to be perfectly honest.

#5 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

Havelock vs Mallard Creek
New Bern vs Mallard Creek
Mallard Creek at LaSalle
Scotland vs Rock Hill
Scotland vs Havelock
Mooresville vs Independence

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#6 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

Also I would like to see The best years of Beechwood, Kentucky which is a small school like Thomasville play up against the best years of Thomasville. I've seen both Beechwood and Highlands ( the team I listed above) play up in Kentucky. Both teams are real good football programs with Highlands usually a 3A or 4A and Beechwood usually a 1A program.

#7 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

Na

#8 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,002 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

Shelby vs. the best 4AA in N.C. 

#9 PrinceOfDudley

PrinceOfDudley

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

Random:

Dudley vs. Miami Central
Dudley vs. Archbishop Moeller

The Dudley Panthers

State Championships

Dboyz Football: 1951, 1966 (co-champs), 2007, 2008, 2013, 2016
Panthers Basketball: 1996, 2005, 2006

Pantherettes Basketball: 2009

#10 Wiseman

Wiseman

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

Colquitt co vs Dutch fork like wrigley said would be great bc of who is coaching.
Miami central vs Long Beach Poly is another game I would love to see. These two inner city schools are notorious for sending waves of kids to the NFL

#11 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

Shelby vs. the best 4AA in N.C.

That sure would squash a lot of hypothetical talk I see everywhere lol

#12 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing us (Mooresville) play someone like Gonzaga (MD)... we would get our skulls bashed in probably- but I saw Gonzaga play catholic a few years ago and was very impressed with them

#13 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

I actually think one that is actually taking place this year should be dynamite in RH southpointe and Shelby. Lot of talent there.

#14 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:09 AM

The Shelby vs Southe Point this year is one for the ages. Shelby has a linebacker trio that is epic. Dax Hollifield has been recruited by most of the big names across the country. Jaylon Scott will be a junior next year and has big offers coming in weekly. Stites moves like a cat and covers deep threats from linebacker. If Shelby wins this game they will most likely complete the Strive for Five consecutive title run.

#15 2AADirtyBirds

2AADirtyBirds

JV Team

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:32 AM

Shelby vs Mallard Creek or Shelby vs Scotland county. I'd like to see Dax Hollified and Zamir White go at it for 48mins

#16 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

The Shelby vs Southe Point this year is one for the ages. Shelby has a linebacker trio that is epic. Dax Hollifield has been recruited by most of the big names across the country. Jaylon Scott will be a junior next year and has big offers coming in weekly. Stites moves like a cat and covers deep threats from linebacker. If Shelby wins this game they will most likely complete the Strive for Five consecutive title run.

Southpointe will easily be the best team they have played during this run with the possible exception of the Crest 2014 team . That team might be better defensively than this SP team but its close.  It should be a very competitive game

#17 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing us (Mooresville) play someone like Gonzaga (MD)... we would get our skulls bashed in probably- but I saw Gonzaga play catholic a few years ago and was very impressed with them

You were? Dude they were horribly outcoached in that one. Despite Hood's 350yrds and 5 TDs they still had chances to win and blew it. Totally outcoached, amazing size. Biggest team I've seen across the board not just on the line

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#18 Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

Odessa Permian stadium is legit as well as Midland/Midland Lee.  Perks of having a brother play in the minors in Midland TX for a summer.  Got to go visit Permian High (which takes up quite a few blocks) and got a tour where Midland/Midland Lee plays.  Brother would always say that a Friday night in August the crowds at the football games were just unreal. 

#19 Ladge

Ladge

Veteran Member

• Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

You were? Dude they were horribly outcoached in that one. Despite Hood's 350yrds and 5 TDs they still had chances to win and blew it. Totally outcoached, amazing size. Biggest team I've seen across the board not just on the line

The Gonzaga coach was gone the next year.

#20 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

I dont remember them being that big. I remember Richie Pettibone's grandkid was a Olineman and he was very good size despite being a soph I think. I also remember them having a couple explosive backs but the QB play was below average as was the tackling especially in the secondary. They really struggled with wrapping up Hood that night.

#21 Ladge

Ladge

Veteran Member

• Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:41 PM

Pettibone kid ended up and may still be at Alabama. That Gonzaga team was huge. Looked like a small college team getting off the bus.

#22 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:59 AM

They had size. Some good skill players but overall seemed to not be well coached.

#23 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

That's more what I was getting at... their size... everywhere lol.

#24 Chopper747

Chopper747

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:48 PM

Dudley vs Mallard Creek

Dudley vs Rock Hill South Pointe/Gaffney/Spartanburg

#25 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

I dont remember them being that big. I remember Richie Pettibone's grandkid was a Olineman and he was very good size despite being a soph I think. I also remember them having a couple explosive backs but the QB play was below average as was the tackling especially in the secondary. They really struggled with wrapping up Hood that night.

They had 6'3+ WRs lined up vs our 5'10" CBs and never really took advantage of that. Terrible coaching. However, Hood won that game, one of the best games I have ever seen. 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

JeffChapman-Dynamic