Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mitchell @ Mountain Heritage Oct 6th 2017 the infamous E.L. Briggs stadium

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

[quote name="Mitchell county mountie" post="296290" timestamp="1505251298"]I have followed the rivalry since birth. The best team doesn't always win, even when they are at home.[/quote

Wonder what you excuse will be this year lol. Kids were not ready to play, best team don't always win.

#52 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

Not sure I have ever had an excuse, except maybe last year. But Mitchell was cheated out of a fighting chance.

#53 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

You need to admit the better team won, lose with class. I posted before mit and mh game last year no excuses may the best team win. But people were still making excuses. The better team will always make you play bad.

#54 Call me Jimmy

Call me Jimmy

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:48 AM

I think it's fair to say that we aren't very good. That's fine. You guys aren't as good as you seem to think you are. Y'all throw jabs at Owen every chance you get. Talking about sour grapes. Our all time record vs Mitchell is the cause of y'alls sour grapes. The wood shed was always in use when it came to the Owen Warhorses vs those boys of yours. Don't worry, in a couple years we will switch places in the standings.

Guy's I wouldn't be giving Owen so much crap I'm sure they will be back on top soon. Owen & Polk are just having a couple dry talent years they will be back in the fight the next few years

#55 Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:53 AM

Guy's I wouldn't be giving Owen so much crap I'm sure they will be back on top soon. Owen & Polk are just having a couple dry talent years they will be back in the fight the next few years

No one would have said a word about Owen, but Stampede threw the first punch.  In all seriousness it's all in fun,  things are starting to liven up a little.  Nothing like a little smack talk to make me laugh.  I actually hope they do get it together, it hurts our conference when they are down, especially since Hendersonville left.

#56 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

No stampede did no such thing. You need to look at the jabs thrown by mountie and others over the last few months when I said nothing. I hadn't been on here in months.

#57 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

Erwin 3A, McDowell 4A, Cannon a top 15 Private school who's been blowing people out. Doesn't sound like a middle school schedule to me. North Buncombe, Hendersonville, Cherokee and I believe either Rosman or Andrews dropped us. At least Erwin and McDowell have the fortitude to play Mitchell. Owen would still be winless with Mitchell's schedule. I sure hope Owen plays McDowell this year. We'll see how that Titan middle school fairs against the mighty Warponies.

We didnt drop yall, we switched conferences lol.

#58 Magnum

Magnum

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

You are a few minutes away from losing the Erwin game and the rest of the schedule is just pathetically weak. Mitchell should never talk smack to Owen. A few good years and you think you are a top team in WNC. You are not even the top team in your own conference.

#59 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:34 PM

You are a few minutes away from losing the Erwin game and the rest of the schedule is just pathetically weak. Mitchell should never talk smack to Owen. A few good years and you think you are a top team in WNC. You are not even the top team in your own conference.

And who is your team?

#60 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

Owen will be good in couple years , there middle school team is better then Yanceycounty or Mitchell county teams. As for Polk they have a good shot at 2nd place this year.

#61 Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:17 PM

If you can't talk a little smack and have fun with each other, this site would be like reading the High School Football Roundup, boring.  And no I don't think Mitchell is one of the top teams this year, I know they are!  Maybe not top 5 but they are pretty good and I agree, Mt. Heritage appears to be the team to beat in the WHC but miracles can happen.  As far as Erwin goes, I fully expected Mitchell to lose and was surprised they won because Erwin is a much larger school with a good tradition the past several years.

#62 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

Magnum in your mind what should a 1a team schedule look like? Looking around WNC seems that the Michell schedule is comparable to most other 1a schools.
While I agree Trinity was very bad, the Carolina Wildcats just beat another WNC 1a team. Granted it was a bad Hayesville team. (sorry Hayesville fan's). Yea I think the Carolina Wildcats are a bad team and Mitchell should be able to beat them soundly. Unless you have seen Cannon they are a good private school. They could and should give Christ school a good game come playoff time. McDowell is a historic game that is played yearly. It is also a game Mitchell should never win based on school size. Sorry Titanman. RS is also a much larger school than Mitchell.

As far as being the best. No Mitchell is not. But they have had a good run. Hopefully it will continue. In conference Heritage should win the conference this season, but the past 2 seasons Mitchell has shared the crown. Polk will be tough and could and probably will beat Mitchell at home. They always play them tough.

I am sure Owen will return to being a very good team but they like most other schools have to keep kids from leaving and playing somewhere else.

Now to the actual topic. As bad as I hate to admit it, Heritage looks to be in a class by themselves in conference this season. As good as Robinson is at QB, I think the strength of the team is the line play and defense. Maybe the best all around team to come from Yancey county. May not get the results that the state runner up team had but could defiantly be there again.

Having said that it is a Mitchell/Heritage game and anything is possible. I have seen time the lesser team has won easily and time the games are close for no reason and then again I have witnessed blowouts. So my official non-binding prediction is Who Knows what will happen. And I would guess Heritage by a couple scores or more. That hurts to say.

Go Mountaineers

#63 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

Magnum in your mind what should a 1a team schedule look like? Looking around WNC seems that the Michell schedule is comparable to most other 1a schools.
While I agree Trinity was very bad, the Carolina Wildcats just beat another WNC 1a team. Granted it was a bad Hayesville team. (sorry Hayesville fan's). Yea I think the Carolina Wildcats are a bad team and Mitchell should be able to beat them soundly. Unless you have seen Cannon they are a good private school. They could and should give Christ school a good game come playoff time. McDowell is a historic game that is played yearly. It is also a game Mitchell should never win based on school size. Sorry Titanman. RS is also a much larger school than Mitchell.

As far as being the best. No Mitchell is not. But they have had a good run. Hopefully it will continue. In conference Heritage should win the conference this season, but the past 2 seasons Mitchell has shared the crown. Polk will be tough and could and probably will beat Mitchell at home. They always play them tough.

I am sure Owen will return to being a very good team but they like most other schools have to keep kids from leaving and playing somewhere else.

Now to the actual topic. As bad as I hate to admit it, Heritage looks to be in a class by themselves in conference this season. As good as Robinson is at QB, I think the strength of the team is the line play and defense. Maybe the best all around team to come from Yancey county. May not get the results that the state runner up team had but could defiantly be there again.

Having said that it is a Mitchell/Heritage game and anything is possible. I have seen time the lesser team has won easily and time the games are close for no reason and then again I have witnessed blowouts. So my official non-binding prediction is Who Knows what will happen. And I would guess Heritage by a couple scores or more. That hurts to say.

Go Mountaineers

You're right McDowell should win most years if you look at size and the titans do have the advantage in the series with 10 or so more wins than Mitchell has.. It has just been one-sided the past 10-15 years

#64 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

Bowhunter is all class, all the time. He can put into words what the rest of us think, without being ugly about it.

#65 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Established Member

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

Good post Bowhunter. Are you sure you are not a Yancey County native. LOL.

#66 Cougars66

Cougars66

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

Not sure I have ever had an excuse, except maybe last year. But Mitchell was cheated out of a fighting chance.

hmmmmmm ha

#67 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:04 AM

Thanks 84, due to the thought of being from Yancey county I had the worst night of sleep in years. Constant nightmares. Thankfully when I woke up I was still in Mitchell.  LOL.

JeffChapman-Dynamic