Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mitchell @ Mountain Heritage Oct 6th 2017 the infamous E.L. Briggs stadium

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#1 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:33 PM

Hell it's never too early. One piddly little week of discussion ain't gonna cut it this year. Both lost some keys, both return a lot. Mitchell notably returns QB Ben Young, RB Landon Miller, FB Ben Robinson, WR Brody Smith, and MLB Trvor Self. The mountaineers lost D1 recruits Todd Self and Alex McKinney, both who have brothers still playing and are stellar athletes. Mitchell's line should hold up ok. And there are no notable changes in the skill positions. So, what's the word south of the river? Should be another dandy in the "Hole".

#2 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

I think the game could go either way this year, we lost woody and rocha on the line, keener and denton at rb, shuford and presnell at lb, burleson in the secondary and receiver, and austin on dl and te, we've got some positions to be filled

#3 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:17 PM

Both teams definitely lost some important players from the previous seasons, but I look for both to reload this year. There may be some guys having to go both ways this year, or at least more than in the past, but definitely there should be some lineman and skilled players that can step up and get the job done. Heritage should get some defensive back help from a JV squad that is coming off 32 straight wins and were not tested very much at all last year. I think we will be even faster on defense possibly. Mitchell has already moved most of their young guys up that could help next year, so they have a year under their belt at the varsity level.

Coming into the game healthy will be a top priority for either team, but Mitchell should have a very good chance of coming into this game not being pushed except for the Erwin week 1. After that they have a pretty easy schedule until RS Central.

Heritage on the other hand will be starting out with a brutal Brevard, Erwin and road trip to Salisbury. If they can get through these games at 2-1 or 3-0 then they they should go into Hendersonville for week 6 for a definite battle in good shape.

#4 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:42 AM

I wish we could play mitchell this year... I guess 1 of 2 aint so bad though haha

#5 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

Me too .

#6 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

Mitchell opens up with Erwin, heritage opens with brevard, then plays Erwin on tv. Might get an idea of the matchup pretty early.

#7 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:59 AM

Interested to see how the warriors look this year without Sexton, if they lose to Mitchell and Heritage I don't see them making any noise in the MAC but something tells me they will win at least one of the two games, Erwin will always be fast no matter who's coaching them, From the way everyone is talking should be a big year for Heritage with five of Heritages first seven games being @brevad, Erwin,@salisbury, @hendo, then the big game with Mitchell there's plenty of room to make a statement, can't wait for the season to get started got a big scrimmage coming up in canton this friday with Swain and Pisgah

#8 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

Interested to see how the warriors look this year without Sexton, if they lose to Mitchell and Heritage I don't see them making any noise in the MAC but something tells me they will win at least one of the two games, Erwin will always be fast no matter who's coaching them, From the way everyone is talking should be a big year for Heritage with five of Heritages first seven games being @brevad, Erwin,@salisbury, @hendo, then the big game with Mitchell there's plenty of room to make a statement, can't wait for the season to get started got a big scrimmage coming up in canton this friday with Swain and Pisgah

I always felt like Mitchell would match up better with Erwin than Mountain Heritage. Not taking a shot at the cougars, just conflicting styles of play. The warriors have had ya'lls number much like you guys have had ours recently. I guess we will find out here in a few days... cant wait!!!

#9 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

I always felt like Mitchell would match up better with Erwin than Mountain Heritage. Not taking a shot at the cougars, just conflicting styles of play. The warriors have had ya'lls number much like you guys have had ours recently. I guess we will find out here in a few days... cant wait!!!

I dont think either matches up particularly well. Mitchell nor Heritage have the team speed and athletes Erwin has, but both games should be competitive this year. 

#10 Magnum

Magnum

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

Mitchell would have got beat just as bad if not worse as heritage did all those years by Erwin. This year I think Erwin lost most of their skill guys and their coach so Mitchell has a good chance to pull that one out. I might check that game out week one. When does Heritage play Hendo?

#11 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

It's true, traditionally Erwin does have our number, but it's not for no reason, year in and year out they have more atheletes than Heritage and typically have more size too, it's nothing unusually them being the bigger school, there are definitely smaller schools with better tradition but as far as talent goes they've got it going on, I think it's possible that Heritage and Mitchell beat Erwin this year but it's just as likely that one of us lose, If Heritage comes out and hammers Erwin like they did last year I think we could win by 3 td's, same thing goes for Mitchell, Erwin was a dangerous team last year before their qb got hurt, just look at their games with Davidson Day, Franklin and the first game with ACR, they might not put up insane passing numbers this year but they'll still be plenty talented on that side of the ball and they return maybe there most underutilized weapon from last year in Isiah Poore, I think Erwin's biggest weakness this year will be their Defense much like it was last year, if you can figure out how to stop them you'll be able to score on them.

#12 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

This Erwin team is down on talent, but still has more athletes then Mitchell and MH. Mitchell run defense better have got faster then the last 2 seasons or Isiah  will run wild on them. Heritage has the same problem every year they cannot play zone coverage, Mitchell plays great pass defense. I look for Erwin to run the ball more this season, and that will help their D.

#13 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,535 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

I've been two years in a row, should I make it three? I'll certainly have this one on my watch list.

#14 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:10 PM

I've been two years in a row, should I make it three? I'll certainly have this one on my watch list.

For sure

#15 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:19 AM

You got handed a stinker last year. I look for this years game to be much better. Weigh your options the week of the 6th, and see if there is a better game, then choose. Im surprised our 2 goofy fan bases haven't deterred you yet lol.

#16 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

Chris, If Mitchell is superstitious,  they may want you to hang on the Heritage sidelines this year. Or possibly you may want to hang there to be part of the celebration after the game. LOL. Either way hope you get to join us at the pit. 

#17 Magnum

Magnum

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:30 AM

I will definitely make it out to the Heritage/Mitchell game this season.

#18 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,535 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

Chris, If Mitchell is superstitious, they may want you to hang on the Heritage sidelines this year. Or possibly you may want to hang there to be part of the celebration after the game. LOL. Either way hope you get to join us at the pit.

I told Coach Robinson that if I come this year, I'll stand in his sidelines! I haven't made up my schedule yet so I'm not sure yet where I'll be.

#19 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:24 AM

Getting closer! Both teams still undefeated...

#20 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

#3peat

#21 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:09 PM

#3peat

Pffft 29-17 overall baby. Mitchell county gonna sweep it this year. Nasty middle school, nasty jv, and best offense in the conference. Whoop whoop!

#22 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

Pffft 29-17 overall baby. Mitchell county gonna sweep it this year. Nasty middle school, nasty jv, and best offense in the conference. Whoop whoop!

I highly doubt your offense is better than Heritage... It would appear they have the big advantage this year but that doesn't always matter in a rivalry game

#23 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

Mountie, you got to quit cracking me up. Combined middle school barely beat our split middle school. JV game won't even be close, rest assured of that and if the varsity was to pull out the win, that would definitely be a large upset this year. Previous 2 years I expected a tight game. Barring multiple injuries we would enter the game as heavy favorites.

#24 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

I guess satire goes unnoticed around here...

#25 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

But! Don't be so sure about the jv game. Mitchell's jv is very very good this year. And regardless of what heritage fans think, they are a one man show on offense. Doesn't mean it's easy to stop tho...

JeffChapman-Dynamic