Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mitchell @ Mountain Heritage Oct 6th 2017 the infamous E.L. Briggs stadium

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:33 PM

Hell it's never too early. One piddly little week of discussion ain't gonna cut it this year. Both lost some keys, both return a lot. Mitchell notably returns QB Ben Young, RB Landon Miller, FB Ben Robinson, WR Brody Smith, and MLB Trvor Self. The mountaineers lost D1 recruits Todd Self and Alex McKinney, both who have brothers still playing and are stellar athletes. Mitchell's line should hold up ok. And there are no notable changes in the skill positions. So, what's the word south of the river? Should be another dandy in the "Hole".

#2 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

I think the game could go either way this year, we lost woody and rocha on the line, keener and denton at rb, shuford and presnell at lb, burleson in the secondary and reciever and austin on dl and te, we've got some positions to be filled

#3 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Established Member

• Members
  • 769 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:17 PM

Both teams definitely lost some important players from the previous seasons, but I look for both to reload this year. There may be some guys having to go both ways this year, or at least more than in the past, but definitely there should be some lineman and skilled players that can step up and get the job done. Heritage should get some defensive back help from a JV squad that is coming off 32 straight wins and were not tested very much at all last year. I think we will be even faster on defense possibly. Mitchell has already moved most of their young guys up that could help next year, so they have a year under their belt at the varsity level.

Coming into the game healthy will be a top priority for either team, but Mitchell should have a very good chance of coming into this game not being pushed except for the Erwin week 1. After that they have a pretty easy schedule until RS Central.

Heritage on the other hand will be starting out with a brutal Brevard, Erwin and road trip to Salisbury. If they can get through these games at 2-1 or 3-0 then they they should go into Hendersonville for week 6 for a definite battle in good shape.

#4 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:42 AM

I wish we could play mitchell this year... I guess 1 of 2 aint so bad though haha

#5 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

Me too .

JeffChapman-Dynamic