Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Spring Tour: West Forsyth Spring Practice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,333 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

This week I visited with West Forsyth head coach Adrian Snow and watched the Titans as they conducted their second spring practice of the season. 

Link: CarolinaPreps.com - Spring Tour: Visit with West Forsyth Titans

311.png

#2 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

Nice work as always. So whats the ceiling here??  Are they good enough to do what none of these Forsyth county teams have done before. Can they take out the big Meck county team whoever that team ends up being? 

#3 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,333 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

Nice work as always. So whats the ceiling here??  Are they good enough to do what none of these Forsyth county teams have done before. Can they take out the big Meck county team whoever that team ends up being? 

They have a lot of tools, but I seriously don't know.  I don't want to just automatically disqualify them from being able to beat a Charlotte-Meck team because it's unfair to the kids at West t and there's a lot of unknowns.  Could teams like Mallard Creek and Butler defeat them?  I think so, but, unlike many years in the past, I think West will be good enough on defense to stay with anyone. 

As I see things today, I think WF's biggest deficiency is at quarterback.  While they have two really good high school players (not major college prospects) sharing the position for now, they don't have what I would call that one true "it guy" that can carry a team on his shoulder and win it.  Their running game will be spectacular, they'll be good up front, and I think they'll be a step ahead with Kevin Wallace coming over from Glenn as the OC, I think he'll mix things up taking the play calling over from Coach Snow. 

If there was ever a year that a Forsyth team could do it, I think West can, but..... I still think East will be on their heels in the conference and will challenge them pretty tough. 

Unless something catastrophic happens, or they just drop the ball to a lesser team in the opening rounds, or.... they get an unfortunate draw in the playoffs and have to play a really good team early, I think West will be a 3rd or 4th round team with every opportunity to show whether or not they belong or not. 

I think they've got a shot at the state championship, their defense will be that good. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic