Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Piedmont Triad Conference

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:15 PM

Who are your favorites? I don't know much about North Forsyth or Mount Tabor

#2 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,995 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

Dudley is the favorite but don't sleep on SW Guilford, the Cowboys are one of the most talented 3A teams in state.

If I'm ranking them today, I'm thinking....

1. Dudley
2/3/4. SW Guilford, Mt. Tabor, Parkland
5. North Forsyth
6. Western Guilford
7. Ben L. Smith

#3 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:53 AM

That looks good. Southwest defense most get better it was terrible last season

#4 SE Parent

SE Parent

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

Not even close this year.  Dudley may not get scored on in conference.

#5 Guest_Ted Roe_*

Guest_Ted Roe_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

This conference makes the least sense. It will resemble a strong conference in two to three years once GCS and NCHSAA find ways to impede Dudley's greatness. Mount Tabor may be the most challenging of the schools. 

#6 ram4life

ram4life

JV Team

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

Is Parkland really up there with SWG and Tabor? They did lose the QB, RB, and WR. All who were D-1 prospects. Do they have anything returning. What does SWG return? I know Dudley will be pretty dominate even with there stud QB graduating. Tabor was decent last year but not great. There JV has been domiante the last couple of years so you would expect that to translate eventually to varsity. North Forsyth should be pretty good. One of the best running backs in the city and a big line. They have been young lately so that talent from JV a couple years ago should have grown up by now. I do agree with Western Guildford and Smith. They always have one or two great athletes but never enough. What do y'all think?

#7 Mustang sally

Mustang sally

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

Parkland 4X100 and 4X200 won the state title and all runners are football players with 3 of them returing next year Plus 8 returners on Defense  .   Dudley is Dudley they will be the team to beat in this conference. Tabor will be solid and in many peoples minds the #2 team in the conference.  SWG has a ton of Talent next year and will be very Dangerous on offense which makes them able to be in a position to win every game next year.  I think North Forsyth had 3 OL transfer and the starting QB giving up football  so that could hurt them, too bad their coach deserves better.  Smith is rebuilding so for them it is a wait and see but there is some things to like there at Smith.  Western Guilford has work to do but has an energetic coach so give them a couple of years to build 

Right Now 

1. Dudley 

2. Mt Tabor

3. SWG

4. Parkland

5. North Forsyth

6. Smith

7. WG

Now that all can change with tranferes and injuries of course 

#8 ram4life

ram4life

JV Team

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

Parkland's biggest weakness has been lineman not skill. They've always had decent skill guys. North has had some transfers but I don't think it's lineman. SWG will have to stop somebody ie Glenn. Tabor is probably the biggest mystery.

JeffChapman-Dynamic