Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Central Piedmont 4A

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

I am surprised know one has discuss this Conference. Any thoughts or predictions. To me it looks like West Forsyth is loaded and should be favored to win the conference. I also heard that Davie County is loaded. Glenn and East Forsyth I don't know what they have returning. Reagan, Reynolds, and Parkland? I am looking forward to following up on this Conference.

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Parkland will move down to 3A as well as Mt. Tabor. They will be in with Dudley who also move down. I think West Forsyth and Davie could well be the top 2 that will battle out for the conference.

#3 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,002 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

West Forsyth is clearly the presumed favorite headed into the season but I don't think that means that they'll win it in a runaway or without a serious challenge.

I've been closely following this conference for about 30 years and the one constant has always been expect the unexpected.

Newcomer East Forsyth will be very tough and while they have some question marks due to inexperience, they're every bit as athletic and well coached as the Titans.

Davie returns a very strong core group from last year's conference title winning team, and while they don't have QB Chris Reynolds coming back, they do have senior WR Cooper Wall who's among the better receivers in the state. They also return a duo of running backs and a very capaible LB (Hendrix).

Reagan in my opinion may have been the state's best 3-8 4A team. They return an experienced sophomore QB and they're going to be a team to be reckoned with.

Glenn does have an exceptional QB in Strephon Brown but they'll have to replace a few good receivers. They'll also have to overcome losing an exceptional OC in Kevin Wallace who's now at West Forsyth.

I think R.J. Reynolds will be much improved but I'm not sure if they've got enough to finish in the top-3.

If I were to pick the conference today I'd go....

1. West
2. East
3. Davie
4. Reagan
5. Glenn
6. Reynolds

#4 ram4life

ram4life

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:30 PM

I think Glenn will be in the running. Lost a little bit at WR but with an exception QB he might make up for some of those loses. On defense they were really young last year. So most of those freshman and sophomores should have another year under their belt. West is loaded with maybe there offensive line as the only weak spot. East lost a ton of talent so it will be interesting to see how they fare when they go against some of the tougher teams. Not sure how much Davie lost beyond their QB but they was a really solid team. Reynolds returns some dynamic play makers on offense from last year I believe. 

#5 FB-Trap

FB-Trap

JV Team

• Coach
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:36 PM

If I were to pick the conference today I'd go....

1. West
2. East
3. Davie
4. Reagan
5. Glenn
6. Reynolds

REALLY?

Glenn 5th?

I don't think it's likely that Glenn wins the CPC but 5th? They'll beat Reagan and Davie.

#6 FB-Trap

FB-Trap

JV Team

• Coach
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

I'll be at the WF FCA 7 on 7 this Sat...first chance to see the Titans.

#7 ram4life

ram4life

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:37 AM

I think Glenn will finish 4th at least. They do return Razzak who was just recently clocked at 4.3 speed I believe and they get Braxton Rorie back from Parkland. So they have reloaded at wide receiver. defense should be a year older. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic