Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Gillespie steps down at Greensboro Page, heads to Asheboro

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#76 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,255 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:09 AM

Jared Rolfes has stepped down at NW Guilford, an announcement will come at Page today at 3 pm. 

#77 Page Pirates 1989

Page Pirates 1989

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

Not really happy with this selection but oh well. Go Pirates

#78 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,255 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:07 AM

I personally know Rolfes very well and I think you'll all be surprised at just how good a hire this can be.  I have a feeling the players will love playing for him, he's extremely sharp, very bright on both sides of the ball, and he'll play a fun style of football. 

Here is a video interview I did with him back in the early spring. 

Link: CarolinaPreps.com - Visit with NW Guilford head coach Jared Rolfes. 

#79 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

Yes it did. Cause you were right and first with the info. Good job

Or maybe it was deleted because the guy hadn't had a chance to meet with his kids and let them know he was leaving. Did the world stop spinning because we had to wait 18 hours to find out who the new HC was at Page HS?

#80 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

Some things at Page never change but we know why the coaches with better resumes didn't get a call back.

#81 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

No, but it was correct info. Maybe he should've played the Chris card and alluded to it as a tease. Infact I'll do that now. I can confirm two coaches with state championships, one with multiple titles applied and did not even get a call back. I'll refrain from posting their names though. 

Thats great that it was correct and I dont have any issues with him posting it but I assume there was a reason for waiting a day to announce. I am gonna guess that reason was because the guy hadnt had the time to sit with his kids or maybe even asst coaches to tell them he was leaving. If Chris or anyone else for that matter wants to take it down for a day out of deference to the HC and both schools than that is the class move.

Its HS football, not the New York Yankees. The need to break the story on some message board pales in comparison to allowing professionals to handle this correctly over a day or so. I am sure there are dozens of people who already were aware he was selected. 

#82 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:08 PM

His coaches and administration already knew. Northwest already has a coach in place. Most of the athletes also knew late last night.

#83 PrinceOfDudley

PrinceOfDudley

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:06 PM

Very anti-climatic announcement....

The Dudley Panthers

State Championships

Dboyz Football: 1951, 1966 (co-champs), 2007, 2008, 2013, 2016
Panthers Basketball: 1996, 2005, 2006

Pantherettes Basketball: 2009

#84 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

He had a meeting with his team this morning from what I was told last night.

#85 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

Best of luck to him. HIGH expectations now.

#86 Livstrng

Livstrng

Established Member

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:29 PM

His coaches and administration already knew. Northwest already has a coach in place. Most of the athletes also knew late last night.

Who do you think it will be?  NW people are saying East Forsyth DC Aaron Beal is the #1 guy.  Just looked at Coach Beal's twitter account to see if there were any clues and he just posted a picture of all the East Forsyth conference titles saying something about how great it is to be at East. Don't think he would say that if he was going back to NW. 

#87 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

That's who the northwest faithful want but with it being this late in the game, the interim tag will probably be used.

JeffChapman-Dynamic