Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mallard Creek @ Scotland

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#176 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:41 PM

Mallard Creek is big, fast and athletic.  Scotland didn't wake up until after halftime.  Hopefully, they'll be ready for the trip next week to Durham versus Hillside.

#177 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

Just got in from Laurinburg.....

What an atmosphere!  I got there around 5:00.......and I wasn't even the first person in line for a ticket.  Matter of fact, saw quite a few people tailgating as I pulled in.  While waiting in line, I got to hear some good competitive banter between a Mallard Creek fan and a Wake Forest fan.

Pate Stadium is awesome.  Literally not a bad seat in the house.  Very few empty seats on the home side.  Good turnout on the Creek side.  Liked the Jumbotron.  One of the best scoreboards I think I've ever seen.  Those skits, however....

At halftime, I thought Creek was going to run away with it.  They were looking sharp.  Then, White got that first touchdown.....Creek took their foot off the pedal a little bit......and Scotland roared back into it.  

I don't think the Creek will have much to worry about going forward.  17 new starters? Could've fooled me.  I was real impressed with #'s 3 and 6.  #3 had some great catches.  #6 had some outstanding moves in the open field.  #95's a nice weapon.  And that O'line was freaking massive.

Creek defense looked alright.  Gave up a few big plays (but they were mostly as the result of Mr. White....so that's to be expected).  I fully expect the Creek to be treading deep water in late November.   

I hate that Scotland couldn't have brought the same intensity during the first half as they did the second.  Scotland's QB looked really nervous. The defense, especially the linebackers, looked real timid. Mallard Creek's QB had a very clean pocket for most of the game.   As second half went on though, the Scot defense looked like an entirely different unit.  

As for Mr. White.......he is insane.  I completely agree with btango's statements on the previous page.  I watched Toney Baker and TJ Logan on a regular basis and White's better than both.  Matter of fact, White's what you get when you combine Baker and Logan.  His breakaway speed is not of this earth.  If he gets a yard and a half behind someone, there's a .1% chance that person will catch him.  I can't believe I've waited this long to see him.  For someone who was so dominant, I couldn't believe how few touches he got.  

I think once Scotland irons out a few things, they'll be just fine.  Hillside will be interesting though....

#178 Dreboy

Dreboy

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

Shout out to those "Creekboys" last night. They came in and exploited Scotland's known weakness for the past few seasons. Scotland is going to have to figure out how to improve that secondary...

#3 is a great addition to MC offense. I was real happy my nephew got a chance to play on the same field as his father, uncles, and cousins played on. It really meant a lot to him. Great Game #35

#35 Mallard Creek Mavs &  #9 Butler Bulldoggs Biggest Fan....But Always a Fighting Scot!!

#179 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

Shout out to those "Creekboys" last night. They came in and exploited Scotland's known weakness for the past few seasons. Scotland is going to have to figure out how to improve that secondary...

#3 is a great addition to MC offense. I was real happy my nephew got a chance to play on the same field as his father, uncles, and cousins played on. It really meant a lot to him. Great Game #35

Your nephew came to play. He is a mauler.

JeffChapman-Dynamic