Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mallard Creek @ Scotland

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#151 84k

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

What's the score

#152 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

Half 21-0 creek

#153 jacks2start

jacks2start

Established Member

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

What's the score

21-0 creek having there way 

http://wlncradio.com/

#154 jacks2start

jacks2start

Established Member

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

21-0 creek having there way 

http://wlncradio.com/

creek with about 240 yrds total,  scots with about 137 .. scots got about 80 of that of 2 rushing plays.  Radio guys are saying creek is a machine, best they have ever faced....  Isnt the creek doing this with only 4-5 returning starters,, new QB and many other,,, just shows you the idea of programs across the state differ widely even with the so called "good teams"

#155 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

Scotland a little sloppy but Scotland is doing what Scotland does. Just very hard to sustain offense against MC without a passing game. You can get some between the 20s but once the field gets tight there are alot of bodies to run through.

#156 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

The poles will definitely look different the next it comes out.

#157 chasjip

chasjip

JV Team

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:08 PM

Maybe it's the scoreboard..very destracting..

#158 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

Again I'll reilliterate I think I was the only 1 that said it wasn't going going 2 b close n I'm far from a creek fan but knowing how they play and seeing Scotland's offense I knew it was going 2 b ugly. I said the game really was going 2 b creek o vs scottys d. Not even close on both sides.

#159 PrinceOfDudley

PrinceOfDudley

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

Fumble at 3........smh

The Dudley Panthers

State Championships

Dboyz Football: 1951, 1966 (co-champs), 2007, 2008, 2013, 2016
Panthers Basketball: 1996, 2005, 2006

Pantherettes Basketball: 2009

#160 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,544 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

Huge 66 yard catch and run for Scotland by Zamir White. They've trimmed lead to 21-7. Showing some life.

#161 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,544 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

Zamir just went 89 for a TD, Scots trim lead to 21-14.

#162 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,544 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

10:08 in 4Q

#163 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

I think mallard creek youth n inexperience is showing in the 2nd half. Playing a little 2 conservative. Kudos for Scotland fighting back

#164 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:52 PM

He's a great player but I doubt he lasts the whole season. He's y'all only hope.

#165 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:52 PM

He's a great player but I doubt he lasts the whole season. He's y'all only hope.

#166 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:06 PM

Final MC 28 Scotland 21 still not a bad outcome n looks like it was a great game

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#167 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:16 PM

I actually was thinking MC would win 28-21 but gave it a toss up. Dang I should have put 28-21 for MC.

#168 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:28 PM

Over the last four decades I have seen most of the best high school running backs to come out of NC.  Tonight, I think I saw the best all around back I have watched.  The combination of speed, quickness, strength, cutting ability, patience, vision, and the pass catch on the last TD when MC was in Cover 4 and cut into a skinny post and sucked it in.  Awesome!  Very impressive and he did it against a very good + athletic D.  He also blocked very well a few times I saw him hook up with a defender.  Kudos to him.  MC got very aggressive on D and I thought that allowed him to catch some space and turn it up into huge games as the game wore on.  Most backs get ran down by their athletes but not him.

Offensively, thought MC got conservative and out of rhythm in the second half.  The 15 yard unsportsmanlike call was a momentum changer for them.  Went from second down and tenish to 25.  Overall, both teams did very well on their penalties.

MC is light years ahead of where they were first game last year.  Different attitude with a team concept instead of a bunch of players.  QB came out strong and played well for his first big varsity game.  Backs ran hard.  Receivers played the ball brilliant.  Overall defense did a good job but about four big plays by White pushed the yardage totals way up.

Props to Scotland.  They could have rolled over.  Halftime adjustments and digging deep.  QB was a big help.  Kid is a gamer.  

Good luck to both teams and thanks to the coaches for putting this together!!!

#169 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:41 PM

Mallard Creek is big, fast and athletic.  Scotland didn't wake up until after halftime.  Hopefully, they'll be ready for the trip next week to Durham versus Hillside.

#170 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

Just got in from Laurinburg.....

What an atmosphere!  I got there around 5:00.......and I wasn't even the first person in line for a ticket.  Matter of fact, saw quite a few people tailgating as I pulled in.  While waiting in line, I got to hear some good competitive banter between a Mallard Creek fan and a Wake Forest fan.

Pate Stadium is awesome.  Literally not a bad seat in the house.  Very few empty seats on the home side.  Good turnout on the Creek side.  Liked the Jumbotron.  One of the best scoreboards I think I've ever seen.  Those skits, however....

At halftime, I thought Creek was going to run away with it.  They were looking sharp.  Then, White got that first touchdown.....Creek took their foot off the pedal a little bit......and Scotland roared back into it.  

I don't think the Creek will have much to worry about going forward.  17 new starters? Could've fooled me.  I was real impressed with #'s 3 and 6.  #3 had some great catches.  #6 had some outstanding moves in the open field.  #95's a nice weapon.  And that O'line was freaking massive.

Creek defense looked alright.  Gave up a few big plays (but they were mostly as the result of Mr. White....so that's to be expected).  I fully expect the Creek to be treading deep water in late November.   

I hate that Scotland couldn't have brought the same intensity during the first half as they did the second.  Scotland's QB looked really nervous. The defense, especially the linebackers, looked real timid. Mallard Creek's QB had a very clean pocket for most of the game.   As second half went on though, the Scot defense looked like an entirely different unit.  

As for Mr. White.......he is insane.  I completely agree with btango's statements on the previous page.  I watched Toney Baker and TJ Logan on a regular basis and White's better than both.  Matter of fact, White's what you get when you combine Baker and Logan.  His breakaway speed is not of this earth.  If he gets a yard and a half behind someone, there's a .1% chance that person will catch him.  I can't believe I've waited this long to see him.  For someone who was so dominant, I couldn't believe how few touches he got.  

I think once Scotland irons out a few things, they'll be just fine.  Hillside will be interesting though....

#171 Dreboy

Dreboy

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

Shout out to those "Creekboys" last night. They came in and exploited Scotland's known weakness for the past few seasons. Scotland is going to have to figure out how to improve that secondary...

#3 is a great addition to MC offense. I was real happy my nephew got a chance to play on the same field as his father, uncles, and cousins played on. It really meant a lot to him. Great Game #35

#35 Mallard Creek Mavs &  #12 Butler Bulldoggs Biggest Fan....But Always a Fighting Scot!!

#172 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

Shout out to those "Creekboys" last night. They came in and exploited Scotland's known weakness for the past few seasons. Scotland is going to have to figure out how to improve that secondary...

#3 is a great addition to MC offense. I was real happy my nephew got a chance to play on the same field as his father, uncles, and cousins played on. It really meant a lot to him. Great Game #35

Your nephew came to play. He is a mauler.

JeffChapman-Dynamic