Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mallard Creek @ Scotland

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#101 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

They wont even start selling tickets at the gate til 5 or 530.

It will be a good crowd but not like a Richmond game crowd.

Thats a far different animal. 90-95% tickets are presale for that one.

Many folks from out of town coming in for sure so many a tickets will

be sold at the gate. Locals will generally have their tickets in hand.

Early season, Thursday night, no school,BUT A GREAT MATCHUP....

???????????????

Never a bad thing to have your tics ahead of time. 

#102 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

HAVE TO CALL the schooll on that one CC

#103 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,518 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

Is there a special parking or gate for media?

No. Unless you call Richard Bailey and he says you can park behind the field house.

#104 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Park behind the fieldhouse???? Puhleezzze. When CC and Foot come to your town its like Fowler and Herbstreit rolling in with Gameday.

Bailey needs to send the stretch limo with the cocktail waitresses.

#105 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

hey "behind the fieldhouse" is where the famous people park,

sheriffs, senators, presidents and such

its also within the gates of the stadium for that added security,

usually they arrive in minivans packed full for some reason, $

#106 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,518 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

hey "behind the fieldhouse" is where the famous people park,

sheriffs, senators, presidents and such

its also within the gates of the stadium for that added security,

usually they arrive in minivans packed full for some reason, $$$$$$

I spoke with Coach Bailey today, he said no special parking for anyone in the media.  He said to park in the field behind the visitors bleachers. 

#107 Big Hitter 99

Big Hitter 99

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Chris, It is best to park on the visitor side . It is easier to get out after the game. I park on that side every home game just because it is a lot better to get out. I also tailgate on that side so y'all are welcome to stop .

#108 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

#109 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

just park on the home side, i just wouldnt pull all the way in past the school to the grass beside

the stadium,enter in where everyone has to on the 4 lane approaching the side entrance, right

at the big championship sign, then left into the lot, then park,,, straight shot walk across the front of

the school, will be plenty of tailgating and such as you get near pending your arrival time. 

#110 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

Tickets for Game 1 against Mallard Creek will be available at Shirt Tales and Scotland Bling in Laurinburg for $7 starting Monday after 1pm.

Gates will open at 6:15 on Thursday evening for the 7:30 game against Mallard Creek.

#111 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

Purchase tickets in advance Mon & Tuesday @ Mallard Creek High School between 11am to 12 noon.

#112 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:25 PM

I'm calling for Scotland 26-24.  I hope that the Fighting Scots will come out mad as hell making up for the end of last season.  I'll be there leg brace, cane and all.  And, I hope the Fighting Scots will shut up all those big mouth Charlotte are high school football experts!!!  I may shut them up if necessary!!!  LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!

#113 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

I'm calling for Scotland 26-24. I hope that the Fighting Scots will come out mad as hell making up for the end of last season. I'll be there leg brace, cane and all. And, I hope the Fighting Scots will shut up all those big mouth Charlotte are high school football experts!!! I may shut them up if necessary!!! LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!

Gotta win rings to shut us up.

#114 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

Gotta win rings to shut us up.

Where's your ring???

#115 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

Where's your ring???

Rings=Titles. Charlotte area has a bunch. 15 or 16 since 2000 I believe. Best way to shut us up is to win titles not first games of the year.

You really shouldnt threaten people. Its not very nice. Makes us feel like you dont like us and hurts are feelings.  

#116 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:14 AM

Awwwwwwwww ... Are feelings???

#117 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

I'm calling for Scotland 26-24.  I hope that the Fighting Scots will come out mad as hell making up for the end of last season.  I'll be there leg brace, cane and all.  And, I hope the Fighting Scots will shut up all those big mouth Charlotte are high school football experts!!!  I may shut them up if necessary!!!  LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!

No one in Charlotte had anything to do with Scotland losing against. New Bern, Dudley, Hoggard, North Davidson, and Cape Fear. 

#118 1RAM2SWETT

1RAM2SWETT

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

Only 5 starters for MC. Long bus ride back. 

#119 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

Defense 3

Offense  1= 4 

It didn't change because you moved to a different forum!  :lol:

#120 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

​I you are referencing returning starters yes that is the number I think.  It usually speaks to experience ​but not always quality or ability.  Creek prides itself on developing not just 1-22 but 1-35 and push to get to 1-40 ready to play.  I guarantee you this team will go hard and in waves.  Early on the experience factor and home field could be an advantage to Scotland but that remains to be seen.  The other factor is BIG early games.  MC has done this the last 5 years and even the youngsters have experienced the atmosphere and play at Dillon, Byrnes, Butler, RH Southepointe so it will not be intimidating or new to them.  I think this will be a very competitive game.  The key is to keep White from getting started and away from the second level.  Yeah I am sure the Coaches have viewed the Cape Fear film and others but Creek will game plan based on tendency, down and distance etc...probably based off 2-3 years of film because the Scotland offense no matter the players has not changed that much.  Now with all that said can Scotland get it blocked up front?  Can Mallard Creek keep the integrity of there "run fits" similar to what they did 4 years ago against a RB similar to White by the name of Elijah hood. It always comes down to the trenches and believe it or not Special Teams.  Who can flip the field as the game develops.  Creek will get off the Bus and look the part as I am sure Scotland will look the part as well.  The question is who will "Look like Tarzan & play like Jane"?     

#121 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,518 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

​I you are referencing returning starters yes that is the number I think.  It usually speaks to experience ​but not always quality or ability.  Creek prides itself on developing not just 1-22 but 1-35 and push to get to 1-40 ready to play.  I guarantee you this team will go hard and in waves.  Early on the experience factor and home field could be an advantage to Scotland but that remains to be seen.  The other factor is BIG early games.  MC has done this the last 5 years and even the youngsters have experienced the atmosphere and play at Dillon, Byrnes, Butler, RH Southepointe so it will not be intimidating or new to them.  I think this will be a very competitive game.  The key is to keep White from getting started and away from the second level.  Yeah I am sure the Coaches have viewed the Cape Fear film and others but Creek will game plan based on tendency, down and distance etc...probably based off 2-3 years of film because the Scotland offense no matter the players has not changed that much.  Now with all that said can Scotland get it blocked up front?  Can Mallard Creek keep the integrity of there "run fits" similar to what they did 4 years ago against a RB similar to White by the name of Elijah hood. It always comes down to the trenches and believe it or not Special Teams.  Who can flip the field as the game develops.  Creek will get off the Bus and look the part as I am sure Scotland will look the part as well.  The question is who will "Look like Tarzan & play like Jane"?     

Best post I've seen in a while and I concur 100%.  I do think Mallard Creek is the favorites and I'm most anxious to see how Zamir White and Syheam McQueen deal with the Mav's front seven, which I feel is far and away the strength of their team. 

I do have a feeling that the Scotland passing game could be the determining factor on how they do this Thursday.  Trey Dixon is about as good a receiver as I've seen in the state, he's not overly tall but he's super fast, runs great routes, and does the little things that makes him great.  The wild card in the game could be sophomore Bruce Wall who was slated to potentially be the quarterback but has now moved to receiver.  He's one of the best young athletes I've seen in a long time and he's tall, thickly built, and extremely quick. 

#122 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:04 PM

2015 was a long time ago ...

#123 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

​I you are referencing returning starters yes that is the number I think. It usually speaks to experience ​but not always quality or ability. Creek prides itself on developing not just 1-22 but 1-35 and push to get to 1-40 ready to play. I guarantee you this team will go hard and in waves. Early on the experience factor and home field could be an advantage to Scotland but that remains to be seen. The other factor is BIG early games. MC has done this the last 5 years and even the youngsters have experienced the atmosphere and play at Dillon, Byrnes, Butler, RH Southepointe so it will not be intimidating or new to them. I think this will be a very competitive game. The key is to keep White from getting started and away from the second level. Yeah I am sure the Coaches have viewed the Cape Fear film and others but Creek will game plan based on tendency, down and distance etc...probably based off 2-3 years of film because the Scotland offense no matter the players has not changed that much. Now with all that said can Scotland get it blocked up front? Can Mallard Creek keep the integrity of there "run fits" similar to what they did 4 years ago against a RB similar to White by the name of Elijah hood. It always comes down to the trenches and believe it or not Special Teams. Who can flip the field as the game develops. Creek will get off the Bus and look the part as I am sure Scotland will look the part as well. The question is who will "Look like Tarzan & play like Jane"?

footsoldier of North Charlotte lol

#124 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

So was 2011

#125 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

@RD28327 is correct.  2015 was along time ago. For that matter so was 2016 which is one of the reasons why this game is so difficult to handicap. Nobody really has ANY idea who or what Mallard Creek is or what they will do. Far too many unknowns. EVen the guys pretty close to the program on this board couldnt give you the starting 22 or what the scheme will look like.  I think that part makes it very hard to plan for if you are Scotland. Here is what I am looking for early-

- Does Palmieri/Stone get a little gimmicky and go with a 50 look or bring the safety in the box and try and force Scotland out of what they want . to do. Cape Fear brought the safety down right away and played with just one kid over the top. Worked pretty well. Will Bailey try to get a cheap one early and throw it some?

- How aggressive does GArcia get with the play calling out of the box. I can tell you in first games they are typically ultra conservative but this is a little different animal. I think MC is gonna need to get some points and more importantly stay away from 3 and outs.

- First games are often about turnovers. Real hitting for the first time for alot of these kids. Who gets a short field to play with.

Its the first time Mallard Creek has started  a season coming off a loss since 2013. Unlike the last 2 years you have alot of under the radar type kids who understand what a great performance in a game like this against a kid like White can make for them and their futures. I suspect they have tired of hearing about Herschel Walker 2.0 . Whether they can do anything about it remains to be seen but I expect an inspired effort.  

JeffChapman-Dynamic