Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mallard Creek @ Scotland

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#101 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

Bugs aren't usually a problem. 

Great game no doubt. Cant wait to see this matchup. 

The size of MC maybe unlike what Scotland has seen,

and with it that line play talked about above. No doubt the

pressure is on here with how last year ended, but hard not

to take the team with many players coming back with a chip on. 

. It is thought that Scotland will have to throw it or

at least do it to a degree when you meet that team that can

actually stop your run game, as good as it maybe. 

All that is to be figured out. I generally think Scotland will do

what they do. Third and 3 final drive, hard for me not to go down

with what you do best, even if that leads to 4th and 2.Then ?

I think about something I heard coach say one time. Everybody

has a play call when youre moving the ball and things are just going great,

but you can hear the crickets chirp on that 4th and 2. 

#102 forsythco

forsythco

Rookie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

Pre sale is available at Shirt Tales or Storytime in Laurinburg.

I stay in Forsyth County (2 hours away), if I show up 2 hours before the game, do you think tickets will be sold out?

#103 Dreboy

Dreboy

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:49 AM

I stay in Forsyth County (2 hours away), if I show up 2 hours before the game, do you think tickets will be sold out?

No, I think if you arrive by 5 you'll be there just in time, before the visitor line swells.

#35 Mallard Creek Mavs &  #9 Butler Bulldoggs Biggest Fan....But Always a Fighting Scot!!

#104 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

They wont even start selling tickets at the gate til 5 or 530.

It will be a good crowd but not like a Richmond game crowd.

Thats a far different animal. 90-95% tickets are presale for that one.

Many folks from out of town coming in for sure so many a tickets will

be sold at the gate. Locals will generally have their tickets in hand.

Early season, Thursday night, no school,BUT A GREAT MATCHUP....

???????????????

Never a bad thing to have your tics ahead of time. 

#105 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

HAVE TO CALL the schooll on that one CC

#106 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,428 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

Is there a special parking or gate for media?

No. Unless you call Richard Bailey and he says you can park behind the field house.

#107 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Park behind the fieldhouse???? Puhleezzze. When CC and Foot come to your town its like Fowler and Herbstreit rolling in with Gameday.

Bailey needs to send the stretch limo with the cocktail waitresses.

#108 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

hey "behind the fieldhouse" is where the famous people park,

sheriffs, senators, presidents and such

its also within the gates of the stadium for that added security,

usually they arrive in minivans packed full for some reason, $

#109 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,428 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

hey "behind the fieldhouse" is where the famous people park,

sheriffs, senators, presidents and such

its also within the gates of the stadium for that added security,

usually they arrive in minivans packed full for some reason, $$$$$$

I spoke with Coach Bailey today, he said no special parking for anyone in the media.  He said to park in the field behind the visitors bleachers. 

#110 Big Hitter 99

Big Hitter 99

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Chris, It is best to park on the visitor side . It is easier to get out after the game. I park on that side every home game just because it is a lot better to get out. I also tailgate on that side so y'all are welcome to stop .

#111 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

#112 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

just park on the home side, i just wouldnt pull all the way in past the school to the grass beside

the stadium,enter in where everyone has to on the 4 lane approaching the side entrance, right

at the big championship sign, then left into the lot, then park,,, straight shot walk across the front of

the school, will be plenty of tailgating and such as you get near pending your arrival time. 

#113 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

Tickets for Game 1 against Mallard Creek will be available at Shirt Tales and Scotland Bling in Laurinburg for $7 starting Monday after 1pm.

Gates will open at 6:15 on Thursday evening for the 7:30 game against Mallard Creek.

#114 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

Purchase tickets in advance Mon & Tuesday @ Mallard Creek High School between 11am to 12 noon.

#115 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,530 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:25 PM

I'm calling for Scotland 26-24.  I hope that the Fighting Scots will come out mad as hell making up for the end of last season.  I'll be there leg brace, cane and all.  And, I hope the Fighting Scots will shut up all those big mouth Charlotte are high school football experts!!!  I may shut them up if necessary!!!  LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!

#116 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

I'm calling for Scotland 26-24. I hope that the Fighting Scots will come out mad as hell making up for the end of last season. I'll be there leg brace, cane and all. And, I hope the Fighting Scots will shut up all those big mouth Charlotte are high school football experts!!! I may shut them up if necessary!!! LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!

Gotta win rings to shut us up.

#117 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

Gotta win rings to shut us up.

Where's your ring???

#118 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

Where's your ring???

Rings=Titles. Charlotte area has a bunch. 15 or 16 since 2000 I believe. Best way to shut us up is to win titles not first games of the year.

You really shouldnt threaten people. Its not very nice. Makes us feel like you dont like us and hurts are feelings.  

#119 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:14 AM

Awwwwwwwww ... Are feelings???

#120 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

I'm calling for Scotland 26-24.  I hope that the Fighting Scots will come out mad as hell making up for the end of last season.  I'll be there leg brace, cane and all.  And, I hope the Fighting Scots will shut up all those big mouth Charlotte are high school football experts!!!  I may shut them up if necessary!!!  LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!

No one in Charlotte had anything to do with Scotland losing against. New Bern, Dudley, Hoggard, North Davidson, and Cape Fear. 

#121 1RAM2SWETT

1RAM2SWETT

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

Only 5 starters for MC. Long bus ride back. 

#122 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

Defense 3

Offense  1= 4 

It didn't change because you moved to a different forum!  :lol:

#123 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

​I you are referencing returning starters yes that is the number I think.  It usually speaks to experience ​but not always quality or ability.  Creek prides itself on developing not just 1-22 but 1-35 and push to get to 1-40 ready to play.  I guarantee you this team will go hard and in waves.  Early on the experience factor and home field could be an advantage to Scotland but that remains to be seen.  The other factor is BIG early games.  MC has done this the last 5 years and even the youngsters have experienced the atmosphere and play at Dillon, Byrnes, Butler, RH Southepointe so it will not be intimidating or new to them.  I think this will be a very competitive game.  The key is to keep White from getting started and away from the second level.  Yeah I am sure the Coaches have viewed the Cape Fear film and others but Creek will game plan based on tendency, down and distance etc...probably based off 2-3 years of film because the Scotland offense no matter the players has not changed that much.  Now with all that said can Scotland get it blocked up front?  Can Mallard Creek keep the integrity of there "run fits" similar to what they did 4 years ago against a RB similar to White by the name of Elijah hood. It always comes down to the trenches and believe it or not Special Teams.  Who can flip the field as the game develops.  Creek will get off the Bus and look the part as I am sure Scotland will look the part as well.  The question is who will "Look like Tarzan & play like Jane"?     

#124 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,428 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

​I you are referencing returning starters yes that is the number I think.  It usually speaks to experience ​but not always quality or ability.  Creek prides itself on developing not just 1-22 but 1-35 and push to get to 1-40 ready to play.  I guarantee you this team will go hard and in waves.  Early on the experience factor and home field could be an advantage to Scotland but that remains to be seen.  The other factor is BIG early games.  MC has done this the last 5 years and even the youngsters have experienced the atmosphere and play at Dillon, Byrnes, Butler, RH Southepointe so it will not be intimidating or new to them.  I think this will be a very competitive game.  The key is to keep White from getting started and away from the second level.  Yeah I am sure the Coaches have viewed the Cape Fear film and others but Creek will game plan based on tendency, down and distance etc...probably based off 2-3 years of film because the Scotland offense no matter the players has not changed that much.  Now with all that said can Scotland get it blocked up front?  Can Mallard Creek keep the integrity of there "run fits" similar to what they did 4 years ago against a RB similar to White by the name of Elijah hood. It always comes down to the trenches and believe it or not Special Teams.  Who can flip the field as the game develops.  Creek will get off the Bus and look the part as I am sure Scotland will look the part as well.  The question is who will "Look like Tarzan & play like Jane"?     

Best post I've seen in a while and I concur 100%.  I do think Mallard Creek is the favorites and I'm most anxious to see how Zamir White and Syheam McQueen deal with the Mav's front seven, which I feel is far and away the strength of their team. 

I do have a feeling that the Scotland passing game could be the determining factor on how they do this Thursday.  Trey Dixon is about as good a receiver as I've seen in the state, he's not overly tall but he's super fast, runs great routes, and does the little things that makes him great.  The wild card in the game could be sophomore Bruce Wall who was slated to potentially be the quarterback but has now moved to receiver.  He's one of the best young athletes I've seen in a long time and he's tall, thickly built, and extremely quick. 

#125 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:04 PM

2015 was a long time ago ...

JeffChapman-Dynamic