Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mallard Creek @ Scotland

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:55 PM

I agree with the gate aspect of it, but from a pure fan viewership standpoint, any week-end I want to see a top 10 team in action, I have half a dozen of them located within 20 minutes of my house (and that list usually includes at least one eventual state champ), so it never makes sense for me to drive 2 hours to go see a good team play. I usually just need to cross the street. That means my viewership of other top teams around the state usually comes from other sources. I'm not sure I'm proud to admit it, but I actually have even tracked down Pinecrest webcasts recently to see them in action. If you're on TV or on the internet, then I try my best to catch a game of yours. Otherwise, I probably won't see you play.

For me its more than just the quality of the team though I wont waste my time on a dog game. I like to travel to see a new stadium. I enjoy the electric atmosphere of a Richmond or Scotland. Page/Dudley was a very fun atmosphere last year. I enjoy going to see a new place every year and try and build that in on the schedule. TV doesnt do HS football justice.

#77 raider1

raider1

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

Honestly I was going to pull for the scots in this one, but things have changed...I dont give a rats a-- now....My boys beat your boys ....I dont think so....

#78 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Who cares who you pulling for just come on over that Thursday and spend some $

at Pate stadium, then come back again early November and do it all over again. 

Then once your team is eliminated in the playoffs do it again. 

#79 forsythco

forsythco

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

So what makes this team so different from the team that got embarrassed by Cape Fear last year? Why should I believe that they will beat Mallard Creek? Not a diss, just a question. 

#80 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

The Cape Fear game was just one of those nights, CF was able to stop the run and Scotland just didnt have an answer.

Trust me it was a shocker locally.  

More experience and I believe the ability to throw the ball better, a LOT more size at QB. Defense front 7 will be

very good, questions in the secondary.That really good passing team with a mobile qb as always will be hard

to deal with. (ofcourse who doesn't have problems with that).We may all speak about throwing it more but 

Scotland will Scotland, 2 d-1 running backs and a good size offensive line speaks for itself. 

Cant wait to get it started.  2-0 will be difficult..  Creek, Hillside

#81 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

So what makes this team so different from the team that got embarrassed by Cape Fear last year? Why should I believe that they will beat Mallard Creek? Not a diss, just a question. 

Speaking in general terms, it usually works better to have 18 returning starters coming off a disappointing loss than having 18 new starters coming off a disappointing loss.

There are exceptions to the guideline, of course, but in general that's the way it works.

#82 Hagelfish

Hagelfish

JV Team

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Your statement about mallard creek jv having juniors starting all over the place is false.

The creek have a very good roster this year. They move up an undefeated jv and have had a couple kids move into the area such as the WR from Louisiana and the big kid from Byrnes. No way do they lose to Harding or hough, I can bet the house on that.

Not trying to start a recruitment conversation/accusation but how many new transfers does Mallard Creek have this year and where are they from?

#83 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

Not trying to start a recruitment conversation/accusation but how many new transfers does Mallard Creek have this year and where are they from?

4 New guys. 2 In state & 2 Out of State :) 

#84 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

4 New guys. 2 In state & 2 Out of State :)

Its about the norm year to year.  Creek also loses 6-8  per year usually those depth kids that are rotational players but have a chance to start on other HS teams........ believe me there are other teams in CMS that now get more than Creek but they have not gotten over the "Hump" so its not on the radar.  Parents move there kids to get into the best situation its ot going to change.  I am sure now that WF has gotten over the "Hump" they will get there share as well...

JeffChapman-Dynamic