Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mallard Creek @ Scotland

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#76 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:04 PM

Wrigley while its so supremely great to have #34 to hand the ball to,

Scotland is a top 10 team even if it didn't have that luxury. Theres another

D1 back there that's eager. 

D1 backs are fine......tell me about the guys up front.  If you have zero blocking it does not matter.  Creek has faced some of the best Backs in NC year after year and a dominant run team is just not going to beat them unless you can pass to open up the box...  Tell me about the OL/DL

#77 chasjip

chasjip

JV Team

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

Any visitors should arrive early if it's going to be crowded..the last Richmond game we arrived at 5:30. Had nowhere to sit..visitor side is small for bigs crowds..we left at half time cause we couldn't see..not cause game over by then..the ground is flat..so if you don't have a seat and you r standing up. And your not very tall you can't see..was disappointed that they didn't put in extra bleachers..maybe they have improved on this problem..

#78 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:14 PM

Wrigley while its so supremely great to have #34 to hand the ball to,

Scotland is a top 10 team even if it didn't have that luxury. Theres another

D1 back there that's eager. 

Wasnt really my point. I am aware of both backs. My point is everyone is getting all hot and bothered over a couple of kids moving to Laurinburg. How much impact do you think these new toys are gonna have when Mcqueen and Zeus are gonna get 35-to 40 touches a game?? The only way some new QB or WR gets involved is in a blow out either way. If they get behind by more that a score ( not gonna happen more than once or twice) then maybe this kid throws it a couple times but there is only one ball and when you run it like Scotland does you shorten the game and possessions.  If there are 60 offensive plays you can bet all your money the ball will be in those two kids hands 40 times.

#79 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

Chassup Richmond is a different animal when it comes to the amount of people. Creek can't pack them in here like the Raiders or even Marlboro County. They'll be at least 2 games attended more than this one at Scotland this year.

Hey cc14 I knew the footsoldier was coming 2 months ago.

ITS GETTING CLOSER DAILY.
GO SCOTS

#80 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

Chassup Richmond is a different animal when it comes to the amount of people. Creek can't pack them in here like the Raiders or even Marlboro County. They'll be at least 2 games attended more than this one at Scotland this year.

GO SCOTS

#81 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

GO SCOTS

Couldnt disagree more. If it was a Friday night game maybe but it will be the only game in the state. Dillon has been standing room only both times MC was there and it was friday. It wont be the Creek fans that make up the difference. It will be the surronding area including the Richmond fan base. You will also pull from South Carolina and up into Raleigh.  

Creek draws when they travel like this and it will be for many the only time they get a chance to see the best RB in the country. There is a reason MC agreed to play this game.. It was $$$

#82 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,369 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

I agree with Wrigley. Big gate due to all the factors. Hope I am not proven wrong.

#83 XwayHeel

XwayHeel

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

Scotland Homer here and I have to agree with Wrigley on this one.  This game is the only game going on in the state that night. I myself will be coming in from Raleigh.  I'll go a step further and say we break any attendance record that has previously been recorded. I know Richmond and Marlboro are "money grabbers" for us, but this game will be on another level.  

Can't wait, should be fun! 

#84 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,369 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

Due to being the first game of the year I do not think it is an all time Pate attendance record.  If the weather could be perfect that would get many more people to come out.  Can't wait to see how the crowd is and how the game plays out!

#85 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

Since I see I'm off from work that day I'm going to make every effort to go. Anyone have an idea time wise from Mooresville area to Scotland? I know I will need to leave early.

#86 Beyond hope

Beyond hope

JV Team

• Coach
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

I'd plan on 2.5 hours. 74 through Monroe or 601 through concord can back up quick

#87 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

Ok thanks

#88 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:56 AM

He told me, excited for my first game at Pate

Sandhills football, an atmosphere like no other.

#89 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

I finally have an excuse to go to Scotland County.  I can't wait. 

#90 1Twister

1Twister

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

Scotland Homer here and I have to agree with Wrigley on this one.  This game is the only game going on in the state that night. I myself will be coming in from Raleigh.  I'll go a step further and say we break any attendance record that has previously been recorded. I know Richmond and Marlboro are "money grabbers" for us, but this game will be on another level.  

Can't wait, should be fun! 

Unless you've increased seating you won't set any attendance records ( other than for a Thursday maybe).  The Fire Marshal stopped fans from coming in a few years ago for a Richmond v Scotland game. Said the stadium was over capacity. Turned fans away before half time.

#91 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

Doesn't Richmond still have that "underground pipeline" to SC???  I remember some studs back in the day that came in from Wallace, SC ...

#92 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

I finally have an excuse to go to Scotland County. I can't wait.

Your in for a treat at Pate Stadium

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#93 Dreboy

Dreboy

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

Since I see I'm off from work that day I'm going to make every effort to go. Anyone have an idea time wise from Mooresville area to Scotland? I know I will need to leave early.

Don't touch 74 until Wadesboro or you'll stuck in traffic....Take 73 to 85s to 485s to 218 in Mint Hill. Brings you out in Polkton right outside Wadesboro...You'll miss all Monroe/Wingate/Marshville traffic.

152E to 52s to 74 in Wadesboro is not a bad option either, just a little slower and longer.

#35 Mallard Creek Mavs &  #9 Butler Bulldoggs Biggest Fan....But Always a Fighting Scot!!

#94 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

Ok Thanks for the advice.

#95 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

Don't touch 74 until Wadesboro or you'll stuck in traffic....Take 73 to 85s to 485s to 218 in Mint Hill. Brings you out in Polkton right outside Wadesboro...You'll miss all Monroe/Wingate/Marshville traffic.

152E to 52s to 74 in Wadesboro is not a bad option either, just a little slower and longer.

Yup

#96 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:23 PM

Your in for a treat at Pate Stadium

I hope so.  It's not everyday that you get to see one of the top running backs in America go up against a juggernaut like Mallard Creek.  

I just hope the bugs aren't as bad at Pate as they were at Richmond last year.  I've never seen an influx of insects that big in all my life.  I was expecting to see a few dinosaurs roaming on school grounds as I exited the stadium.  

#97 forsythco

forsythco

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

Are they pre-selling tickets or is it first come, first serve? 

#98 Dreboy

Dreboy

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:23 PM

Are they pre-selling tickets or is it first come, first serve? 

Pre sale is available at Shirt Tales or Storytime in Laurinburg.

#35 Mallard Creek Mavs &  #9 Butler Bulldoggs Biggest Fan....But Always a Fighting Scot!!

#99 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,351 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

What area do you guys think is the most important aspect in deciding who wins this game? Typically in a big game it's who wins the turnover battle. I'm thinking special teams might be the deciding factor. Both teams have size on both sides and speed. Both teams have unknowns at QB. Scotland may not even have a legit kicker, not one listed on the maxpreps roster. Not looking for smack talk just a legit assessment from the experts.

Might be cliched but imo the winner of this game will be the team who dictates play at the LOS. I'm not overly familiar with Scotland County-- so I'm not sure what they bring to the table as far as line play goes-- but for as long as I've known MC, that has always been a very reliable strength for the Mavericks.

#100 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

I hope so. It's not everyday that you get to see one of the top running backs in America go up against a juggernaut like Mallard Creek.

I just hope the bugs aren't as bad at Pate as they were at Richmond last year. I've never seen an influx of insects that big in all my life. I was expecting to see a few dinosaurs roaming on school grounds as I exited the stadium.

LOL!!! Winter is coming!!! LOL

JeffChapman-Dynamic