Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mallard Creek @ Scotland

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#26 Wiseman

Wiseman

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

Your statement about mallard creek jv having juniors starting all over the place is false.

The creek have a very good roster this year. They move up an undefeated jv and have had a couple kids move into the area such as the WR from Louisiana and the big kid from Byrnes. No way do they lose to Harding or hough, I can bet the house on that.

#27 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

I see 5 loses on your season. Scotland, Butler, Harding, Vance, Hough.. puts you a game above 500. Unless you pull a stud in your an average team

I'll come down to crack house were you reside, and bet you your entire welfare check!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I attended the 9th grade Football orientation. MC will continue doing what they do for a long time.  

#28 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

The creek is a subpar team this year face it. No big names no big recruits. JR's on Jv you are notorious for. Im not saying the ones who play Thursday also play Friday. Your within the rules but most of your JV starters are JR's. Facts

#29 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

Well Work7, lets see your record and dominance this year. Past years you had top athletes from other schools. Transfer in to give you depth. Now all the top athletes stayed at there home schools. The westside is back loaded with D1 studs. Now you guys have alot of JV and role players. Leading the way, and I dont wanna hear how great your JV is year in and out. Your JV is loaded every year with 80% Jr's starting. Going against a bunch of 9th 10th graders from other schools. Your suppose to dominate this year we will see how great you guys are. You'll do good to finish 3rd in your conference. Guarantee it'll be less Creek Dad shirts being wore this year. Lol

Door Knob! You can't build a Mallard Creek or any program with 80% juniors starting on JV...LOL  You can't transfer in CMS without sitting out an entire season. MC get's the same amount of new kids as every school in CMS. You have to physically move. Parents are not getting new residency to be a part of MC'S depth Chart.  Let me know what power in the West that you speak of, I love to attend a game with you......lol

I CAN ALSO GET YOU A CREEK DAD SHIRT. JUST ASK! :) 

#30 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

The creek is a subpar team this year face it. No big names no big recruits. JR's on Jv you are notorious for. Im not saying the ones who play Thursday also play Friday. Your within the rules but most of your JV starters are JR's. Facts

Sorry to break the bad news. There are 7 FBS guys on the roster, with the same amount of kids as the last 5 years going to college for free. 12 to 15 annually. Nothing has changed other than them being young, Identical to 2nd State Championship team.  

#31 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

Sorry to break the bad news. There are 7 FBS guys on the roster, with the same amount of kids as the last 5 years going to college for free. 12 to 15 annually. Nothing has changed other than them being young, Identical to 2nd State Championship team.

5 loses this season, your days of Top Dog are over. It's always next year, maybe a 4/5 star athlete walks thru your door. Till then your just another team from Charlotte.

#32 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

I predict Zamir White runs for at least 300 on the creek. 450 total rush yds as a team. Cause the Scots do have another up and coming stud RB. Mostly off tackle creek strengths are the middle. They fill gaps well with there big backers. But Whites ability to get to the edge. Will be big M.C DB's want no parts of the big guy. Coming around that corner.

#33 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

Well Work7, lets see your record and dominance this year. Past years you had top athletes from other schools. Transfer in to give you depth. Now all the top athletes stayed at there home schools. The westside is back loaded with D1 studs. Now you guys have alot of JV and role players. Leading the way, and I dont wanna hear how great your JV is year in and out. Your JV is loaded every year with 80% Jr's starting. Going against a bunch of 9th 10th graders from other schools. Your suppose to dominate this year we will see how great you guys are. You'll do good to finish 3rd in your conference. Guarantee it'll be less Creek Dad shirts being wore this year. Lol

Been to somewhere in the neighborhood of 75% of the Creek JV games since 2010. Can't recall a single junior playing a snap. It's possible there may have been one or two but 80% is simply a flat out lie.

Nice try though.

#34 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

I personally know 5 kids who were JR's that played down. It's cool its within in the rules. Independence use to do the same thing a few years back.

#35 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

I personally know 5 kids who were JR's that played down. It's cool its within in the rules. Independence use to do the same thing a few years back.

Name them...Fyi. 5 is just a bit short of 80%.

#36 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

5 that I know personally. It was others, man you dress 60 kids for a JV game. It's o.k. like I said its within the rules

#37 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

LOL. Who is this guy sounds like one of the "Real Housewives" that did not get her check on time. All of your allegations are false.

Mallard Creek is a program now and being young is not an excuse. It's next man up. If Scotland does not have a passing game with any type of threat it will not go well I don't care how many D1 backs you have. This game will be a slugfest. Creek is the team that is use to these environments not Scotland they will have all the pressure even at home. Scotland finally took the game when they felt they had there best team. We will see in August. Creek will make the Bus ride and be ready to play.

#38 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

5 that I know personally. It was others, man you dress 60 kids for a JV game. It's o.k. like I said its within the rules

That's what I thought. ..clueless. FYI...dont dress anywhere near 60. Most week varsity dresses between 45-50. JV maybe 40-45 tops

Let me know if ya got anymore silly stuff to say.

#39 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

LOL. Who is this guy sounds like one of the "Real Housewives" that did not get her check on time. All of your allegations are false.

Mallard Creek is a program now and being young is not an excuse. It's next man up. If Scotland does not have a passing game with any type of threat it will not go well I don't care how many D1 backs you have. This game will be a slugfest. Creek is the team that is use to these environments not Scotland they will have all the pressure even at home. Scotland finally took the game when they felt they had there best team. We will see in August. Creek will make the Bus ride and be ready to play.

Yeah they need to cut me that check lol. I hope its a great game. There O-line vs. Your front line. But the creek hasn't seen 2 backs like these guys. Do they have a passing game to keep you honest. From loading the box not sure, I do know there DB's are suspect. So if the creeks passing game is what they say. Could be entertaining. But the best RB in the country will be ready. He has the speed to get to the edge. You guys don't have LB's that can run sideline to sideline.

#40 84k

Established Member

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Been laughing all day on these comments.I have no dog in this fight, but i will say this over the last four years that i have seen MC is if you have no passing game you will not win. Just running the ball will not beat them i don't care how good the running back is. Thier pass d has been their weakness. Now i will just go back to lol on these comments.

#41 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

When you get to Scotland and take this, soon to be beatdown. I dont wanna hear excuses like when yall lost to Byrnes. Blaming the refs, oh they ran trick plays. Dont pull that falling down the stairs %#!@. Your rents due. Zamir will do y'all worst than he did the little big I.

#42 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

When you get to Scotland and take this, soon to be beatdown. I dont wanna hear excuses like when yall lost to Byrnes. Blaming the refs, oh they ran trick plays. Dont pull that falling down the stairs %#!@. Your rents due. Zamir will do y'all worst than he did the little big I.

Gotcha....You let us know how that tussle goes with the always tough Cavaliers of Franklin Christian . LMAO

#43 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

You right your JV could beat some varsity teams with 80% JR's on the roster. You basically had Varsity-A team Varsity- B team

#44 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

You right your JV could beat some varsity teams with 80% JR's on the roster. You basically had Varsity-A team Varsity- B team

Yeah, except as we have already proven you have zero clue on that subject.

BY the way, is the Stuart Cramer road trip tougher than the Graham Cracker game? LMAO

#45 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

I like Scotland but They say this is Scotland best team but I don't know if Scotland can stop the passing game of MC bc I don't think have face anyone like MC . MC will have keep Zamir n other RB in check n force Scotland to throw to see if they can pass bc Scotland is usually a run first team

This will be a fun game n barn burner but I say MC by 2 tds

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#46 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,280 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:57 AM

Note a junior can only play Thursday or Friday. They.m cannot utilize the right quarter rule.

Indy had a few but it was because they were getting no time on the varsity. One junior that played JV had not played football before. He was All ACC and drafted, playing a few years in the NFL. Playing JV allowed him to learn the game at that level.

#47 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

Can we get back to real discussions about the game, and remember when you saw the last real discussion post, and reply to that one?

#48 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

I like Scotland but They say this is Scotland best team but I don't know if Scotland can stop the passing game of MC bc I don't think have face anyone like MC . MC will have keep Zamir n other RB in check n force Scotland to throw to see if they can pass bc Scotland is usually a run first team

They will have to be mighty good to be better than 2011.

Its going to be a great game in a great atmosphere..

Scotland Wins.

#49 Scotsfan

Scotsfan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Email:Baucom5198@roadrunner.com

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

Zamir isn't the one that is going to win this game for Scotland. Mallard Creek isn't going to allow that. He may get 100 yards rushing. But if he has that plus 100 yards receiving we have a chance. I think we have to go with some 5 wide looks to get some 1 on 1's in space and use our speed and power outside the tackles. We keep their defense honest and get them guessing with some QB runs and some throws in the flat, we will keep this game close. Ball control is key. These are the two winnings programs in 4a since 2011. It will be a physical game and not high scoring. Whichever team has 300 yards of total offense wins the game. I highly doubt either team scores over 21. Do I hope Scotland wins...sure but win or lose let's hope no one gets hurt because there are much bigger goals for both teams. The ship!

#50 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:26 PM

Zamir isn't the one that is going to win this game for Scotland. Mallard Creek isn't going to allow that. He may get 100 yards rushing. But if he has that plus 100 yards receiving we have a chance. I think we have to go with some 5 wide looks to get some 1 on 1's in space and use our speed and power outside the tackles. We keep their defense honest and get them guessing with some QB runs and some throws in the flat, we will keep this game close. Ball control is key. These are the two winnings programs in 4a since 2011. It will be a physical game and not high scoring. Whichever team has 300 yards of total offense wins the game. I highly doubt either team scores over 21. Do I hope Scotland wins...sure but win or lose let's hope no one gets hurt because there are much bigger goals for both teams. The ship!

I think you would have to go back to 2011 to find MC as an underdog in an opener and that was probably smaller than this one. I havent seen Scotland since the title game in 13 but watching some tape of the Cape Fear game it seemed pretty clear that they had zero intermediate passing game. I assumed Cape Fear played 8 in the box or some kind of 5 down lineman scheme but they played a base 4-3 that had the LB's crashing at the snap and blowing up plays on the Scotland side of the line before they could get started. No slants, no bubbles, no TE drags or seams to hold the LB's in place for a second or two. They were easily beating lineman to the spot. Conversely  in the title game Hooker could run and make all the throws and Dudley rushed for 300 yards against Cape Fear.  

Ironically its the same issue MC had last year. Even with 3 SEC lineman they couldnt pound the ball on the good defenses because they couldnt work the 10-15 yard passing game. Every thing was up the field. Against the average squads they could pound it pretty well.

I think one of the big issues for Scotland is not really having any clue as to what the MC offense will look like. Will they try to go big, double TE and grind or do they try and open it up some. Nobody really knows yet. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic