Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mallard Creek @ Scotland

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#26 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

LOL. Who is this guy sounds like one of the "Real Housewives" that did not get her check on time. All of your allegations are false.

Mallard Creek is a program now and being young is not an excuse. It's next man up. If Scotland does not have a passing game with any type of threat it will not go well I don't care how many D1 backs you have. This game will be a slugfest. Creek is the team that is use to these environments not Scotland they will have all the pressure even at home. Scotland finally took the game when they felt they had there best team. We will see in August. Creek will make the Bus ride and be ready to play.

#27 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

5 that I know personally. It was others, man you dress 60 kids for a JV game. It's o.k. like I said its within the rules

That's what I thought. ..clueless. FYI...dont dress anywhere near 60. Most week varsity dresses between 45-50. JV maybe 40-45 tops

Let me know if ya got anymore silly stuff to say.

#28 84k

• Members
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Been laughing all day on these comments.I have no dog in this fight, but i will say this over the last four years that i have seen MC is if you have no passing game you will not win. Just running the ball will not beat them i don't care how good the running back is. Thier pass d has been their weakness. Now i will just go back to lol on these comments.

#29 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

When you get to Scotland and take this, soon to be beatdown. I dont wanna hear excuses like when yall lost to Byrnes. Blaming the refs, oh they ran trick plays. Dont pull that falling down the stairs %#!@. Your rents due. Zamir will do y'all worst than he did the little big I.

Gotcha....You let us know how that tussle goes with the always tough Cavaliers of Franklin Christian . LMAO

#30 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

You right your JV could beat some varsity teams with 80% JR's on the roster. You basically had Varsity-A team Varsity- B team

Yeah, except as we have already proven you have zero clue on that subject.

BY the way, is the Stuart Cramer road trip tougher than the Graham Cracker game? LMAO

#31 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

I like Scotland but They say this is Scotland best team but I don't know if Scotland can stop the passing game of MC bc I don't think have face anyone like MC . MC will have keep Zamir n other RB in check n force Scotland to throw to see if they can pass bc Scotland is usually a run first team

This will be a fun game n barn burner but I say MC by 2 tds

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#32 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:57 AM

I personally know 5 kids who were JR's that played down. It's cool its within in the rules. Independence use to do the same thing a few years back.

Note a junior can only play Thursday or Friday. They.m cannot utilize the right quarter rule.

Indy had a few but it was because they were getting no time on the varsity. One junior that played JV had not played football before. He was All ACC and drafted, playing a few years in the NFL. Playing JV allowed him to learn the game at that level.

#33 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

Can we get back to real discussions about the game, and remember when you saw the last real discussion post, and reply to that one?

#34 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

I like Scotland but They say this is Scotland best team but I don't know if Scotland can stop the passing game of MC bc I don't think have face anyone like MC . MC will have keep Zamir n other RB in check n force Scotland to throw to see if they can pass bc Scotland is usually a run first team

They will have to be mighty good to be better than 2011.

Its going to be a great game in a great atmosphere..

Scotland Wins.

#35 Scotsfan

Scotsfan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Email:Baucom5198@roadrunner.com

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

Zamir isn't the one that is going to win this game for Scotland. Mallard Creek isn't going to allow that. He may get 100 yards rushing. But if he has that plus 100 yards receiving we have a chance. I think we have to go with some 5 wide looks to get some 1 on 1's in space and use our speed and power outside the tackles. We keep their defense honest and get them guessing with some QB runs and some throws in the flat, we will keep this game close. Ball control is key. These are the two winnings programs in 4a since 2011. It will be a physical game and not high scoring. Whichever team has 300 yards of total offense wins the game. I highly doubt either team scores over 21. Do I hope Scotland wins...sure but win or lose let's hope no one gets hurt because there are much bigger goals for both teams. The ship!

#36 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:26 PM

Zamir isn't the one that is going to win this game for Scotland. Mallard Creek isn't going to allow that. He may get 100 yards rushing. But if he has that plus 100 yards receiving we have a chance. I think we have to go with some 5 wide looks to get some 1 on 1's in space and use our speed and power outside the tackles. We keep their defense honest and get them guessing with some QB runs and some throws in the flat, we will keep this game close. Ball control is key. These are the two winnings programs in 4a since 2011. It will be a physical game and not high scoring. Whichever team has 300 yards of total offense wins the game. I highly doubt either team scores over 21. Do I hope Scotland wins...sure but win or lose let's hope no one gets hurt because there are much bigger goals for both teams. The ship!

I think you would have to go back to 2011 to find MC as an underdog in an opener and that was probably smaller than this one. I havent seen Scotland since the title game in 13 but watching some tape of the Cape Fear game it seemed pretty clear that they had zero intermediate passing game. I assumed Cape Fear played 8 in the box or some kind of 5 down lineman scheme but they played a base 4-3 that had the LB's crashing at the snap and blowing up plays on the Scotland side of the line before they could get started. No slants, no bubbles, no TE drags or seams to hold the LB's in place for a second or two. They were easily beating lineman to the spot. Conversely  in the title game Hooker could run and make all the throws and Dudley rushed for 300 yards against Cape Fear.  

Ironically its the same issue MC had last year. Even with 3 SEC lineman they couldnt pound the ball on the good defenses because they couldnt work the 10-15 yard passing game. Every thing was up the field. Against the average squads they could pound it pretty well.

I think one of the big issues for Scotland is not really having any clue as to what the MC offense will look like. Will they try to go big, double TE and grind or do they try and open it up some. Nobody really knows yet. 

#37 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

All this talk of creek vs zamir white the real question is how is Scotland's defense n can they stop creek from pounding it down the field. That o line n run game from MC can b a problem, trust me I know.

#38 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

All this talk of creek vs zamir white the real question is how is Scotland's defense n can they stop creek from pounding it down the field. That o line n run game from MC can b a problem, trust me I know.

Its a very valid point and I also think worth mentioning is what Creek team shows up. If its the squad that averaged 180-200 yards in penalties last year then they lose. Period. You have to get off the field on 3rd down and cant be in 2nd and 25 against good teams. I dont care how much talent you have. You give Zamir an extra 5 or 6 shots to go the distance you will pay.

#39 Beyond hope

Beyond hope

JV Team

• Coach
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

Regardless of what we all predict this will be the first game of the season for both teams. Both teams have D1 and D2 talent on both sides of the ball. It's gonna come down to who wants that win the most. It should be a great game.

#40 84k

• Members
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

Is this the spectrum game of the week been it is on Thursday.

#41 Nickle City

Nickle City

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

I had a chance to watch some HS spring practices this year and I can say without a doubt that Mallard Creek was very impressive. Additionally, I think the qb Washington will be just fine running the offensive. If you give him time to throw the football he can hurt you. He can also run when the opportunity present itself. Defensively they are strong on all three levels. Now with that being said Scotland's chance of beating MC is definitely increased by playing them at home on the first week ofthe season. This MC team is big, physical, fast and deep. If MC keep's the penalties down and limit turnovers they will be difficult to beat.

#42 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

Is this the spectrum game of the week been it is on Thursday.

I dont believe Spectrum is doing any HS Football

#43 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

You guys all talk about White and it is the absolute truth but I will assure you that all will be

impressed with "Smiley" Mcqueen when the night is all said and done. He is an absolute

stud running the ball in the trenches, just not blessed with that break away speed.

#44 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

You guys all talk about White and it is the absolute truth but I will assure you that all will be

impressed with "Smiley" Mcqueen when the night is all said and done. He is an absolute

stud running the ball in the trenches, just not blessed with that break away speed.

Creek guys know all about him. :) He's not a secret. 

Syheam McQueen

http://www.hudl.com/v/22ZUDt

#45 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:41 AM

I dont believe Spectrum is doing any HS Football

Correct.  The Time Warner Sports Channels were not kept intact by Spectrum.  Currently this game is not being broadcast on television.

#46 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Scotland has never had any interest in playing a regular season home game on TV.

#47 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

Scotland has never had any interest in playing a regular season home game on TV.

For us non-Scots who like to watch you play whenever the opportunity presents itself, then seeing you on TV is usually the only way we can do it.

#48 Scotsfan

Scotsfan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Email:Baucom5198@roadrunner.com

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

That is not true. Scotland has never had any interest in playing a regular season game on TV without being compensated for it. The fear is losing gate money.

#49 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

I think it was understood what I was implying fan, Richmond and Pinecrest games a couple years ago

offered for tv on a Thursday night, no compensation, why would anyone do that.

Also Hokie when I want to go see a game I make arrangements to do so. Have made many a trip

to Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, Burlington, Clinton, Fayetteville and others just because..

A thousand less tickets is 7000 $

#50 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

Its not a money maker. Especially now that they are typically programing directly against college or NFL games. There are the hardcore like ourselves who will tune in or watch on demand but the entertainment options are just so broad now. Even great HS football doesnt move the needle.

Scotland fans are right. On a night where they look to draw 8K from varying distances it doesnt make sense to televise especially  on a work night. You have to think the Raleigh and Charlotte viewer stays home and watches on TV rather than make a 2 hour hike. I understand MC cut an especially sweet deal on this game and that in one evening they make up for a loss of home games after the last two years. They would like to see the game packed as well.

JeffChapman-Dynamic