Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mallard Creek @ Scotland

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,459 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

Lots of CarolinaPreps.com folks will most likely be there ... I hope I can make it ...

I have a feeling that there will be an overflow crowd ...

#2 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:40 AM

Appointment viewing..

#3 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

Scotland has 2 FBS running backs with one being the #1 RB in the nation, along with the entire OL coming back. I believe 7 or 8 coming back on defense....They should be real hungry after being dominated by Cape Fear. 

#4 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

I will be there. Going to be a great game. Will probably be on the sidelines for this one

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#5 Scotsfan

Scotsfan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Email:Baucom5198@roadrunner.com

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

What area do you guys think is the most important aspect in deciding who wins this game? Typically in a big game it's who wins the turnover battle. I'm thinking special teams might be the deciding factor. Both teams have size on both sides and speed. Both teams have unknowns at QB. Scotland may not even have a legit kicker, not one listed on the maxpreps roster. Not looking for smack talk just a legit assessment from the experts.

#6 twinpeeks

twinpeeks

Established Member

• Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

what about tv

#7 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

This looks like it could be 10,000 fans at a game like this. Any idea how many since they are playing at Scotland. Co. ?

#8 Scotsfan

Scotsfan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

My guess TV was the plan since it was scheduled on a Thursday night but since TWC was bought by Spectrum I don't think they are interested in broadcasting HS games. Page will hold 10k but beyond that the fire marshals won't let anymore in. But attendance was not my question.

#9 Scotsfan

Scotsfan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:06 PM

Pate not page, darn spell check

#10 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:33 PM

What area do you guys think is the most important aspect in deciding who wins this game? Typically in a big game it's who wins the turnover battle. I'm thinking special teams might be the deciding factor. Both teams have size on both sides and speed. Both teams have unknowns at QB. Scotland may not even have a legit kicker, not one listed on the maxpreps roster. Not looking for smack talk just a legit assessment from the experts.

Scotland's two headed monster  backfield can take it to the house at anytime. They will still have to mix it up on offense. In MC's lost to Vance last year, they were a penalty machine with I believe 4 TD's called back. No discipline. They will have to cut down on penalties. 3 on defense returning and 1 on offense. Although the talent and depth is there. Not a lot of experience. Palmieri loves putting his teams in hostile environments early, This will be as Hostile as it gets, Special Teams could play a major role in the outcome, Kick everything in the End Zone against Scotland, Scotland could not block Cape Fears very small DL. They will be going up against the biggest DL they will face the entire season. .

The team who carries out the game plan the best and overcomes adversity will win,,,,, :)

#11 Scotsfan

Scotsfan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

Work7 always enjoy your analysis on topics as well as CC14. Thanks for your reply

#12 Scotsfan

Scotsfan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:45 PM

Chris, you got any analysis on this one?

#13 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

Work7 always enjoy your analysis on topics as well as CC14. Thanks for your reply

Well thank you for the comment. 

Having seen both MC and Scotland on film and in person several times over the past few years I do agree with work7 in saying that penalties may play a huge factor. However, I highly doubt Palmieri will let MC become the penalty machine they were a year ago. 

I will give the QB edge to Mallard Creek. I saw some film of them at a 7 on 7 and they looked very smooth in their route running and throws which is about all you can judge from 7 on 7. Only reason I give them the edge is because QB seems to be much more of a question mark at Scotland County than it is at Mallard Creek. 

This is as even a match up as we may have in week 1 across the state. It'll be up to MCs studs and big time recruits on defense to slow down Zeus and McQueen. If they can I really like the Creek's chances in this game.

I need to know, how is Scotland's passing game? I know in years past it has not been their strength. 

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

#14 Scotsfan

Scotsfan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:07 PM

That is the million dollar question. Again like you said, it hasn't been our strength since Ratliff was in charge. The last 3 years our Qb's haven't been able to see over the O'line. This year at least that won't be an issue as both are over 6'. They appear to be 2 different type players in my opinion. From watching in the 7 on 7 vs Purnell Swett Davis made the better throws. From a real game situation, for us is that what we want. Wall has the potential to be special. He has the speed to be a legit 3rd back on the field and could develop the passing game or at least keep the defense honest. Only one person knows the better of the two options and that is Bailey. Whichever he chooses, will give us the best chance. My gut says Davis gets the nod. But what do I know, I don't get to watch film and keep know which one has the better understanding of the system lol.

#15 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

This could well be the best game played in N.C. as for the regular season. I wouldn't mind seeing this one. It's definitely worth the drive.

#16 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:36 PM

hey scotsfan im  leaning the other way on the qb thoughts, I think the youth is the only thing that stops wall from getting the job.

I think he better fits the mold of a typical Bailey system of pounding that football. He also has the ability to take it to the house

on any play. As coach always says though, the best will get the job. The passing aspect maybe a little different this year as Scotland will have to be prepared for that 1 team that can stop the run. It bit us hard in the regional final last season, so the better passer may weigh

into the decision more so than in the past.

Vikval come on to Laurinburg for this one, the atmosphere is fantastic, great pregame, excellent field, big crowd...

Mcqueen grinds out the yards between the tackles while White will break off a couple big ones.

ball control,,,scotswin

#17 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:57 PM

Impossible to handicap at this stage. Hard to even know what the Creek roster will look like on 8/1. I think they know they have a QB and a couple of pieces on defense. Thats about it. In 8 years watching Creek games I have never seen them beat by a 80/20 run team that also didnt have a great QB. However, while having played against some great backs they have never faced a duel threat like Scotland has.

Scoring a ton of points in an opener has never been something MC has done very well with the exception of the Indy game in 2015. I think they will need to score some points in this one,  

#18 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:38 PM

This game will be lopsided in favor of Scotland. MC isnt the old Mc no big name WR's. A JV QB when them varsity bullets start flying. We'll see what the young man is made of, Thursday nights aren't Fridays. MC's size is more like wearing a costume. They faced a much smaller South Pointe Rock Hill and got dominated. Fact has it anytime Coach "P" really has to coach MC loses. Scotland by 21 easy

#19 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

This game will be lopsided in favor of Scotland. MC isnt the old Mc no big name WR's. A JV QB when them varsity bullets start flying. We'll see what the young man is made of, Thursday nights aren't Fridays. MC's size is more like wearing a costume. They faced a much smaller South Pointe Rock Hill and got dominated. Fact has it anytime Coach "P" really has to coach MC loses. Scotland by 21 easy

LOL. I've ordered your drug test from LabCorp.

#20 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

Ok Tyrone Biggums's.  Down by 30 with less than 8 minutes in the 3rd quarter.  :lol: 

https://youtu.be/eBuFSkbKAXU

#21 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:42 AM

Ok Tyrone Biggums's.  Down by 30 with less than 8 minutes in the 3rd quarter.  :lol: 

https://youtu.be/eBuFSkbKAXU

He is a troll work7. He is like our Shelby friend...just ignore him and eventually he goes away. 

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

#22 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

Thas it anytime Coach "P" really has to coach MC loses. 

105-31 all  time

3 4aa titles

5 Regional Finals

FACT

#23 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

2016: 9-3

2015: 14-2

2014: 15-1

2013: 16-0

2012: 12-2

2011: 13-1

2010: 13-1

2009: 11-2

2008: 10-1 * Ineligible non-starter who moved from out of State,Forfeit 10 wins.

2007: 1-10

114-23

The record above is from a coach who losses when he has to COACH? Blakk Richmond the levels of ignorance in your statement, are 2nd to none.    :lol:

#24 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

Well Work7, lets see your record and dominance this year. Past years you had top athletes from other schools. Transfer in to give you depth. Now all the top athletes stayed at there home schools. The westside is back loaded with D1 studs. Now you guys have alot of JV and role players. Leading the way, and I dont wanna hear how great your JV is year in and out. Your JV is loaded every year with 80% Jr's starting. Going against a bunch of 9th 10th graders from other schools. Your suppose to dominate this year we will see how great you guys are. You'll do good to finish 3rd in your conference. Guarantee it'll be less Creek Dad shirts being wore this year. Lol

#25 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

I see 5 loses on your season. Scotland, Butler, Harding, Vance, Hough.. puts you a game above 500. Unless you pull a stud in your an average team

JeffChapman-Dynamic