Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Burlington Williams head coaching job open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,002 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

The Burlington Williams head football coaching position is open.  Dave Grant who had been the head coach for only two seasons after taking over for David Green has stepped aside.  Currently Jimmy McGill is the interim head coach and quite possibly could be the favorite to take over. 

#2 Muchadoaboutnothin

Muchadoaboutnothin

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

Is it because he lost to McMichael?

#3 brigyaeger

brigyaeger

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

The statement above does not reflect how WHS alumni, parents and players feel about the loss of Coach Grant to our football program.  He is a true sportsman and was always able to show his players how to conduct themselves with grace in both victory and defeat.  As a parent, alumni and booster I will always be proud that WHS was able to have Coach Grant on the football field for as many years as we did.  As we move ahead into the future of our football program I fully support Coach McGill because the players love and respect him.  He is a Coach Story player who was taught from one of the best and has given a lot to the program over the years.  It says a lot about alumni who come back to a school and continuously give back, year after year, class after class.  Both Coach Grant and Coach McGill are those men and my children and others could not have better role models.   

JeffChapman-Dynamic