Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

New Head Football Coach at Albemarle

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 buddy rich

buddy rich

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

Just learned that Richard Davis, defensive cord at Anson High is the new HC at Albemarle..He has already met with the kids......

#2 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

Well......did Ralph get the AD job? What's your take on that hire? 

#3 buddy rich

buddy rich

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

No ..He was promised one thing in an interview and another when he was offered the job..Same old $#!+ in SC..I wish coach Davis the best but after the last 6 yrs I dont't have much hope.....

#4 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

Well at least you got a coach now. Good luck

#5 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

Yeap

#6 new_dawg

new_dawg

JV Team

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

No ..He was promised one thing in an interview and another when he was offered the job..Same old $#!+ in SC..I wish coach Davis the best but after the last 6 yrs I dont't have much hope.....

I wish Coach Davis well, but it does not change the fact that AD Jamie Kimrey and former HFC Jim Mason both got screwed in the process.  How does a new principal coming in justify immediately firing both?   The FB record would have been no better if Bear Bryant had coached them last year, and Jamie Kimrey may be the only reason the school still has an athletic program after the past two years.

#7 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,369 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

Are they better off now than they were with the other two? Maybe not worse but is it a sizable improvement, probably not at all. Mason did them a favor by taking the job and Kimrey by staying. This is how they are rewarded. Mason should have been let go immediately after the season coming up if they want to move on. Give the guy a chance and some continuity to the program.

#8 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:04 AM

Seems like principals these days think that they are NFL general managers, act as if they can do no wrong, and fire folks for ANY reason.

JeffChapman-Dynamic