Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Changes to 4A Playoffs coming?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Hagelfish

Hagelfish

JV Team

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

48 is a start, 32 would've been better. Making the playoffs should be a reward for a good season, not a participation trophy where everyone gets in.

Spot on. I would go as far as to argue as well that it doesn't benefit the opponent of these 1 win teams that get into the playoffs.

#27 crestcharger02

crestcharger02

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

64 to 48 seems like a fair compromise. I don't see why any team should have a last week BYE so hopefully that changes going forward.

#28 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,243 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

64 to 48 seems like a fair compromise. I don't see why any team should have a last week BYE so hopefully that changes going forward.

If I am not mistaken a conference that has an uneven number of teams then each week a team will have a bye during conference play. Depending on how the team works out their schedule they may not have a game the last week of the season.

With 48 teams in the playoffs 64% of the schools make the postseason.  32 is 43%.  I thought going to four rounds would have been a good move, also.  More teams get to participate so that is good although in some instances it may not be real good.

#29 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

32 is probably the best solution.... but 48 is at least a step in the right direction.... and I can be ok with that. Hopefully in the near future it can work itself down to 32. Tell you what though... that bubble race to get into the playoffs will be very fun to watch I think... gonna be a lot of teams fighting for fewer spots.

JeffChapman-Dynamic