Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

What is going on

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

FHS how do you feel about interleague play?

It's meant to be saved for the World Series-like God intended.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#27 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

They should go back to the old ways and only have two teams make the playoffs going straight to the World Series.  

#28 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

They should go back to the old ways and only have two teams make the playoffs going straight to the World Series.

I'd be lying if I said that I don't enjoy the baseball playoffs we have now, but I'll bet the pennant races then were also exciting.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#29 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:42 PM

Like all other televised sports too much money involved for that.

Also with recent success of wild card teams that will never happen.

As far as DH goes, don't like it, never will. Baseball was intended to be played nine against nine. If your pitcher hits better than their pitcher, Bumgarner, then your team is one step ahead of the other. And if pitchers bat and want to throw at someone on other team, better stay on your toes win you swing

But DH is also here to stay.

Chicks dig the long ball, not managerial decisions..

#30 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

THEKIDD, I was being facetious about the playoffs! I like the wild card which I think increases this season. I also like some aspects of the DH although the strategy without it is much more strategic.

#31 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

Like all other televised sports too much money involved for that.

Also with recent success of wild card teams that will never happen.

As far as DH goes, don't like it, never will. Baseball was intended to be played nine against nine. If your pitcher hits better than their pitcher, Bumgarner, then your team is one step ahead of the other. And if pitchers bat and want to throw at someone on other team, better stay on your toes win you swing

But DH is also here to stay.

Chicks dig the long ball, not managerial decisions..

Like the great Crash Davis I support a Constitutional Amendment to ban the DH and astroturf (we're already halfway there-have faith).

edit-related

― C.S. Lewis

#32 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

Like the great Crash Davis I support a Constitutional Amendment to ban the DH and astroturf (we're already halfway there-have faith).

edit-related

My favorite part of that speech is the beginning(which I can't quote here) and part of the end which I can:

opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve

#33 Bootlegger

Bootlegger

JV Team

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

It may not feel like it yet but football is just right around the corner. Most youth leagues here in the mountains report the 3rd week of July, which is only 2 months away. The HS and Middle Schools won't be far behind.

Enjoy the peace. This place will get chaotic soon enough.

#34 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,483 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:24 PM

And, late spring practice begins as early as next week for some teams, if not sooner ...

#35 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

Is high school baseball destined for the non school coach to take more control and the sport become much like high school basketball with the travel team coaches calling the shots?

Have heard from coaches that parents have told them when to pitch their kid and where to play and hit him in the lineup based on the travel team coaches advice.

Yup,, this is occurring in HS baseball,,, started about 12-13 years ago actually.

#36 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Established Member

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

I love baseball also, it's my first love. Football is one B.

#37 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

Baseball number 1 always. Basketball when I was younger was 2nd. Football creeping up because my son enjoys so much.

#38 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

Football, Baseball, Basketball

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#39 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

My favorite sport is: what season is it?  From April to November it is Baseball season overlapping with Football at the end, so that I will be on my phone watching the MLB playoffs at High School football games.  From August to January it is football season with some overlap with college and high school basketball.  Basketball (for me) conveniently ends in early April just as the MLB season is beginning.  i'm glad that we don't try to play any one sport year round (not including developmental leagues like winter baseball in the Caribbean or the NBA summer league).

― C.S. Lewis

JeffChapman-Dynamic