Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Pre Season Mountain 6 Talk

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

Lets talk about it!!!!!

Hendersonville

East Henderson

Brevard

Pisgah

Smoky Mountain

Franklin

What is every team returning and how do you guys see things shaking out based on what what is known about what is returning for each team?

#2 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

If hendo line holds up they should win the conf Pisgah and Franklin will battle for 2nd place, brevard will be down a little. Look for east to win some games this year, they hit a home run with the new coach,.

#3 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

I can not wait for things to get rolling this year. I hope the fans in this conference are as competitive as the ones from the WHC.

#4 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

Franklin returns quite a bit, I would say it's between them and Hendersonville, with the Panthers the slight favorite at this point. I know Pisgah graduated a good bit but have a lot of talent coming up from JV, they will also be in the mix.

#5 Appvol

Appvol

Established Member

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:23 PM

I would love to see the Pisgah and Greenville,TN game.
VFL

#6 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

i know we return a lot....on both sides of the ball. With the addition of Kalin, I wonder where he plays. He has to be on the field somewhere on offense. That kid is a burner and is very athletic. Haven't seen much of him in football but once he transferred after Christmas I got to see a lot of him on the court. If his athleticism translate, that is another huge weapon added to this years team. Especially after losing a  player of Leon Cooks caliber. I am pretty darn giddy about seeing the team this year. I can not wait folks.

#7 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Wide open right now IMO. Hendo, Pisgah, and Franklin could be in the same wad Hendo, Mountain Heritage, and Mitchell have been in the last couple years. Pisgah and Mitchell have similar styles as do Franklin and Mountain Heritage. I could see Pisgah beating hendo, Hendo beating Franklin, and Franklin beating Pisgah. If Brevard and Smoky Mountain continue on last years success, then it could be anyone's game...Should be fun!!

#8 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

Franklin annually has tremendous line play, Hendersonville will have to be good again like last season in that area to beat Franklin. With the graduation of Sharpe that's one big piece missing, how many starters do the Bearcats return up front on the o-line and d-line?

#9 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

[quote name="SMC Observer" post="287566" timestamp="1493860512"]Franklin annually has tremendous line play, Hendersonville will have to be good again like last season in that area to beat Franklin. With the graduation of Sharpe that's one big piece missing, how many starters do the Bearcats return up front on the o-line and d-line?[/quot

Hendo returns most of their line, the big frehman linemen that got move up at the end of year , will be a stud. The cats should be a lot stronger this year, many new faces.

#10 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:59 AM

We lost key players from last year but we should be good again this year though. We have a lot of experience.

#11 PHS Bear

PHS Bear

JV Team

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Wide open right now IMO. Hendo, Pisgah, and Franklin could be in the same wad Hendo, Mountain Heritage, and Mitchell have been in the last couple years. Pisgah and Mitchell have similar styles as do Franklin and Mountain Heritage. I could see Pisgah beating hendo, Hendo beating Franklin, and Franklin beating Pisgah. If Brevard and Smoky Mountain continue on last years success, then it could be anyone's game...Should be fun!!

That sounds like as good a prediction as any.  No doubt we lost some great talent, but we should reload.Our JV team has lost 1 game in the last 2 seasons.I believe Brevard will be pretty good, but mayby not able to repeat. Smoky should be competitive if they can keep the interest up. Franklin will be eager to be back in the mix. Anytime the QB is the punter-watch for the FAKE. East will need more time to make things work in this conference.I not that knowledageable about  Hendo, but think they will be a contender. I think it will be a competitive conference/year. 

#12 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

I don't know alot about anybody in this conference aside from Brevard and East. Only because we play East every year and had gotten back to scrimmage Brevard here in the recent years. I anticipate this being a great year for HHS. Like i said, once the season starts, I hope the fans on the boards come out for this conference like the WHC fans. It was fun chest beating with all of the other school's fans.

JeffChapman-Dynamic