Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

NC Shrine Bowl Combine Results so far

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlindsideNC2016

BlindsideNC2016

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

Shrine Bowl Combine Results:

EA:

http://shrine-bowl.c...e-Full-List.pdf

Kinston:

http://shrine-bowl.c...e-Full-List.pdf

#2 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

Why so many kids from EA tryout? I guess because it was at their high school.  Several of them barely play on their own varsity team.  I think the shrine bowl tryouts should be an invite only thing.  That would cut down on several of the tryout dates and all the necessary volunteers needed to run them.

#3 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

Why so many kids from EA tryout? I guess because it was at their high school.  Several of them barely play on their own varsity team.  I think the shrine bowl tryouts should be an invite only thing.  That would cut down on several of the tryout dates and all the necessary volunteers needed to run them.

Has been discussed.  If you go to fewer sites the coaches in the far reaches complain because you have to centralize more.  Much easier in SC to get to one of the three than it would be in NC to get to one of four.  

I also think it should be invitation only but have had some coaches not complete the form for a selected player much less a player that is good enough to make the team and wants to attend the combine.  

No invitation is because everyone gets a shot.  Yes, they pay $20 and get a t-shirt but not a lot of money is being made by the time the coaches get a little help and the school gets some rent money which is mostly for logistics.

#4 Jdct14u

Jdct14u

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Gabriel Gonzalez has the best O-line stats so far for linemen in NC or SC he ran a 4.54 shuttle at 6'5 277 and a 5.04 plus 185 bench press 25 times . I wold say that very impressive!!!

JeffChapman-Dynamic