Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Randolph County Football Outlook

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Randolphcountyfb

Randolphcountyfb

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:23 AM

I am going to make a power ranking for the county teams. Please feel free to make your own or comment on mine.

1. Randleman High School- They are bringing back a bunch of Weapons. They have a great QB and TE combo and they have a running back returning back to school that transferred somewhere in Raleigh.

2. Asheboro- Asheboro is Asheboro they are always going to have the best athletes in the county.

3 and 4 Eastern Randolph and Providence Grove.  We are still waiting to see who the head coach will be at ER. Providence Grove should be improved as a result of Brown only coaching football and they brought in some great coaches to there coaching staff. 

5. Southwestern Randolph- Seth Baxter returning to the high school he graduated from, should be interesting.

6. Wheatmore- First year head football coach that has no varsity play calling experience, should be some growing pains. They had the worst defense in county, giving up around 400 points. Future is bright but they are young.

7. Trinity- They graduated almost there who team and the JV was awful future is not looking bright.

#2 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

Randolphcountyfb Think you got it about right. The thing with both ER and PG will be replacing starting QBs. ER returns most of Oline as well as Dline. Also have many of the skill players back. Biggest question, besides QB, is who head man will be.

Not sure how PG is in returnees. But think they have some quality coming back.

Asheboro of course is Asheboro like you said.

Just burns me up to see Randleman at the top of your list.

Oh well ER always will have Halloween 2016!!

#3 Mustang sally

Mustang sally

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

Hope Seth gets it going at SWR 

#4 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

SWR first game next year is against ER...

Interesting huh?

#5 Mustang sally

Mustang sally

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:09 PM

Yea Should be back several years ago that game used to be a good one.  I am sure it will be a little bit emotional for Baxter but I am sure he will do a great job 

#6 coachtyson93

coachtyson93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

I think Wheatmore should be better than 6 

#7 SportsJunkie

SportsJunkie

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

It's going to be interesting in Randolph County with the coaching shake up and rookie coaches. Last year Asheboro (9-4) was the best in the county, with a stellar JV (7-4) team that did lose to Wheatmore JV (8-1-1), but the Varsity (3-8) definitely has it work cut out for them. Along with a rookie head coach, it could be tough. Wheatmore's only JV lost came to the best JV team in the county, Randleman (8-0). With that balanced oiled machine and another stellar Varsity (8-4) season, Handy could return to the top of the Pac and the County, After a great season and finishing 2nd in the county and Pac, the Seth Baxter led Wildcats (9-4) shocked a lot of people. The JV (2-6) was not so hot. Being without a coach at this moment could hurt the program as well. If they're able to get someone in before spring ball, it would help. With Baxter heading to SW (1-10) and JV (3-6) program winning more than varsity shows he may have a little something to work with. It will be a challenge, but no one expecting this past season to go this well for his old Cats. No matter what, he'll improve on last season. The two close to average teams last season, PG (4-7) JV (0-7) and Trinity (4-7 JV 2-7) will definitely be miles apart next year. The cupboard is bare in Trinity. The sharing of one middle school is definitely showing it's true colors. Something will have to be done soon. PG has always had a competitve defense, and with Brown going all in on football, it could get ugly for opponents. Not sure what the offense would look like, but again, PG has always hung their hat on the defensive side of the ball. I see them moving up the charts in the Pac.

My County Predictions are exactly the same as yours Randolph County FB. I do think Southwestern Randolph will shock Eastern Randolph when they welcome the Cats to open the season. I also predict Randleman to run the table in the county and be Pac Conf Champs. 

Pac Predictions:

1. Randleman 6-0

2. Andrews 5-1

3. Providence Grove 4-2

4. Eastern Randolph 3-3

5. Wheatmore 2-4

6. Trinity1-6

7. Jordan Matthews 0-7

#8 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

Not sure if Randy will come out on top of Andrews but is a possibility.

Also would be quite a shocker if SWR pulled the upset of ER off.

Anybody know the all time record between the two schools?

I'll wait...

#9 Mustang sally

Mustang sally

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

SWR has beaten ER Once but has put a few serious scares into them.  From 2010-2012 SWR ER games were very close 

#10 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

Yes sir you are correct 

2010 32-30

2011 21-19

2012 28-20

Since then the closest game was 2016 28-14

Overall ER 24-1 against SWR.

Only loss was in 1972 7-6

#11 coachtyson93

coachtyson93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:48 AM

The only thing with Andrews is there JV was really weak this year. We beat them 30-0

#12 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:46 AM

The only thing with Andrews is there JV was really weak this year. We beat them 30-0

Yeah the thing I don't know is how old/young varsity for Andrews was in the fall?

Thought one of those RBs was a junior? Could be mistaken. Heard a lot of lineups since then.

#13 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:51 AM

I think Wheatmore should be better than 6 

Wheat may be better than a couple of teams listed above them in original posting.

A lot will depend on coaching effect. Both there and at SWR and ER if you want to talk about the county.

Not sure how this will all play out

#14 Randolphcountyfb

Randolphcountyfb

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

Sorry guys, I can not see wheatmore winning more than 3 games. But If and that is a big if they can come out the gates and beat west davidson and BY could be a good year

#15 SportsJunkie

SportsJunkie

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

Sorry guys, I can not see wheatmore winning more than 3 games. But If and that is a big if they can come out the gates and beat west davidson and BY could be a good year

Wheatmore will face 4 non-conference teams with new coaches and one rookie. East Davidson (Hines), Southwestern Randolph (Baxter), Bartlett Yancey (Brumfield), Asheboro (TBA).  Wheatmore's JV seemed to be strong, but those kids moving up will need a year to get adjusted to Friday nights and the new offensive/defensive schemes. West Davidson defeated WHS last season and the last match up with Bartlett Yancey in 2014 was a 21-19 Win. Bartlett Yancey is coming off a 5 Win season. I have noticed that Wheatmore's schedule has been watered down this season. Probably due to new Davidson County conference. If Wheatmore can't compete with this non-conference schedule, minus Asheboro, they will be returning back irrelevance. It seems 2014 and 2015 they were riding high. Back to Back 5 win seasons, a great JV year in 2015 and defeating Eastern Randolph for the first time in school history. It will be very interesting this upcoming season, but I do agree with you. I see Wheatmore only winning two games and that will be over Trinity and Jordan-Matthews in conference play. 

#16 Randolphcountyfb

Randolphcountyfb

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, could be a long year for the warriors. But hopefully they don't ruin the program that coach bear has started. He's a great coach that was undervalued by wheatmore high school

#17 Randolphcountyfb

Randolphcountyfb

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

I was a really big supporter of him when he was at Randleman

#18 CoachEverything

CoachEverything

Rookie

• Coach
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

Yes indeed RandolphCountyFB. I was there with Coach Bear and love that guy like a brother. He's a class act. I sure missed coaching with him last season, but decisions had to be made. Wheatmore football will always have a place in my heart, because I invested a lot into those kids. Not only did I invest a lot, but those kids invested as well. Even CoachTyson93 was there with us in the summers before he even became a coach. It was fun going from 1 win to back to back 5 win seasons. It was all about the process and the grind. Those boys took on the identity of us and our commitment, dedication and grind. I wish the Warriors luck next season and in the future. Wish my guy Coach Bear the best at Southern, Coach Tyson the best at West Montgomery and Coach Yarbrough at Wheatmore.

#19 Mustang sally

Mustang sally

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

Not too long ago you had coaches in Randolph County that had a lot of experienced coaches

Trinity had Alex Mebane

Providence Grove had Todd Shuping

Asheboro had Chuck Henderson

and you still had Handy at Randalman and Baxter at ER 

#20 Randolphcountyfb

Randolphcountyfb

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

Any words on the new coaches in Randolph County

#21 SportsJunkie

SportsJunkie

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

My County Predictions are exactly the same as yours Randolph County FB. I do think Southwestern Randolph will shock Eastern Randolph when they welcome the Cats to open the season. I also predict Randleman to run the table in the county and be Pac Conf Champs. 

I called it! What a opening two day game. Congratulations to SWR and Coach Baxter, 49-9.....45 years...Statement made.

#22 SE Parent

SE Parent

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

I'm glad we didn't bet.  I would have taken ER by 14.

#23 SportsJunkie

SportsJunkie

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

I'm glad we didn't bet.  I would have taken ER by 14.

Did you attend, or know anyone who was in attendance? I called the win, but 49-9.... I never saw that coming.

#24 Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

Andrews jury still out, don't know what they got going on there. Trinity has a forfeit and a win against a not so good Bishop McGuiness team, but I think right now better than JM and ER. I think you might be underestimating Wheatmore there defense looks solid, if offense gets moving might be a tough out. ER does not look good at any phase of the game right now. Randleman not sure about defense but offense looks real good and can make up for any lack of defense. Have not seen much of PG or JM. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic