Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Hough Huskies QB/ Head Coach Miles Aldridge removed (Updated)

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#151 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

True. But according to the three Charlotte guys Mallard Creek is blessed with bigger, faster, and deeper talents than anywhere in the state. That may be very well be the case but speed and size is not always defining traits that win ball games. It certainly helps but there is much more. If that was the case Belmont South Point would be 2-9 instead of 3A reigning state champs. Just testing the responses from the Charlotte crew in my statement above in post #143. Like to keep it lively with Work7. I think it was stated the Mallard Creek JV games had more competition than what East Lincoln varsity played all year. Very interesting.

#152 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:59 PM

Thought I might sneak that in and see what you three might respond with given the continuous talk of how super talent was arriving at Mallard Creek every day. So now it's all coaching huh?

LOL...You dont win 3 straight state titles and 5 straight regional finals after 10 years of existence without both talent and coaching. However I have already given you multiple examples of programs that had great talent and couldnt get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. I could add some more if you like. I think over the past 6 years Mallard Creek has had the deepest talent pool in the state but you are delirious if you think some of those kids just show up that way. There have been at least a dozen kids who were far from sure things as 9th and 10th graders who ended up playing major college ball after graduation. It isnt just luck... 

#153 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:29 PM

Thought I might sneak that in and see what you three might respond with given the continuous talk of how super talent was arriving at Mallard Creek every day. So now it's all coaching huh?

The talent does not arrive at Mallard Creek.....Young men who are ready to work do.  The ones who do not want to work move on which is the piece no one talks about......as many as transfer in the same or more tap out because they are not treated with any entitlement and cannot take the volume of work and expectation.  Mallard Creek will be ok this year I think. 

#154 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

Do I smell some jealousy of Mallard Creek coming from GDG? 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#155 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

The talent does not arrive at Mallard Creek.....Young men who are ready to work do. The ones who do not want to work move on which is the piece no one talks about......as many as transfer in the same or more tap out because they are not treated with any entitlement and cannot take the volume of work and expectation. Mallard Creek will be ok this year I think.

I've seen the videos of these kids lifting on Twitter from time to time.... not sure there's a group of kids that work harder in the weight room than those guys at Mallard Creek--- they absolutely get after it-- it's no wonder why they can maintain their success.

#156 Wiseman

Wiseman

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

Lol MC isn't the only team that lifts hard during the offseason...they are just the only ones that happen to post it online via social media.

#157 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

Lol MC isn't the only team that lifts hard during the offseason...they are just the only ones that happen to post it online via social media.

Haha ya I didn't imply they were the only ones- I was just using them as an example lol.

#158 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:33 PM

Far from the only one who post lifts on social media.  

#159 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:41 PM

LOL. @wiseman sounds a little jealous. Nobody gets after it in the weight room like Creek. Period.

#160 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

Do I smell some jealousy of Mallard Creek coming from GDG?

Don't you have a boys band to audition for? Hehehe

#161 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

Don't you have a boys band to audition for? Hehehe

No, sadly been to busy with altar boy duties for that

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships