Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Hough Huskies QB/ Head Coach Miles Aldridge removed (Updated)

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#126 cltfootball

cltfootball

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

Jenkins an unproven coach.  I still do not understand the firing of Aldridge and subsequent hiring of Jenkins.  Anything under 10 wins is a severe underachieving year for Hough with this pre-season hype.  I can see them going 5-6 or 7-4, both of which and Hough should be looking for their 4th Head Coach in December.  Many (with Aldridge at the helm) had them as favorites for a deep playoff run.  

Current (Now Previous) Staff Members have left some to new positions and some to sit in the stands.  And Jenkins has not called a single play for Hough... he was brought in during the off-season and as things shook out he landed the OC role for Spring Ball.

Good Luck to Jenkins and Hough this year, for the kids I hope they are successful. 

#127 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:27 AM

Definitely not a upgrade! It takes a lot more than Jimmy & Joe's

#128 preacherman

preacherman

Established Member

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

Where you get Coach Jenkins is unproven. He was head coach for years out west. He had great team. Hough is fortunate to have a coach of his caliber

#129 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

What year did he Coach a great team out West? What was there record? Please define great?

#130 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:20 AM

Where you get Coach Jenkins is unproven. He was head coach for years out west. He had great team. Hough is fortunate to have a coach of his caliber

He is very much unproven as a Head Coach see below record.  21 years Coaching and only 5 as a Head Coach....

24-10 Record @ Canyon Springs HS Las Vegas NV 2005 - 2007 

8-15 Record @ Hopewell HS Charlotte NC 2013 -2014

#131 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

Very few have had success in any sport at Hopewell. Sometimes you gotta take a job to get your foot in the door for the future job you really want. Send him to Mallard Creek and he goes 9-2 or better in that talent pool.

#132 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

The one thing I'd point out would be he probably is inheriting the best/deepest talent pool he's had to work with in his HC career-- could be a good fit. What type of scheme does he like to play? I imagine his philosophy might be a decent match to the talent at Hough-- or at least is believed to be. I don't think they'd make a hire solely on a whim.

#133 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

Very few have had success in any sport at Hopewell. Sometimes you gotta take a job to get your foot in the door for the future job you really want. Send him to Mallard Creek and he goes 9-2 or better in that talent pool.

That's what they used to say about Indy. Knots leaves and it's a disaster. Palmeri kids change drastically from 9th grade to 12. Practices are totally different. He built Mallard Creek into a program. Nobody gave it to him. He like TK would win no matter where they go. The thought that you believe one can just roll a group of talented players on the field and go 9&2 is ridiculous.

#134 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,255 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:10 AM

That's what they used to say about Indy. Knots leaves and it's a disaster. Palmeri kids change drastically from 9th grade to 12. Practices are totally different. He built Mallard Creek into a program. Nobody gave it to him. He like TK would win no matter where they go. The thought that you believe one can just roll a group of talented players on the field and go 9&2 is ridiculous.

I will agree about 99% with you, at least with a long term perspective. Of course one could use the Barry Switzer following Jimmie Johnson logic in Dallas, even he won the 96 Super Bowl with a super team before allowing it to implode.

I agree 100% although about Palmieri's staff developing players.

Short term anyone could win for a season, or two, but longterm sustainability has to come from a well organized, well developed, and exceptionally well run process, not just relying on talent, there are a lot of very well talented teams in this state going 1-10.

#135 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:10 AM

Yup...all ya gotta do is roll the ball out and go have lunch at Mallard Creek. Sorry but little more to do with it than that. Vance has had the same feeder system and tons of talent and until Brand showed up were average. Hough has had years when they had 7 or 8 D1 kids on the roster and had trouble getting past the 2nd round. Indy 2013 team was as talented as any Charlotte team in the last 5 years ...They lost 5 games.

This is what we hear when a coach doesnt win-

- Didnt have talent

- No support from administration

- Poor asst coaches

- Bad favilities

- Parents and kids didnt buy in.

MAybe Hopewell doesnt have Mallard Creek talent but here is what I do know. In the 6 years prior to Mr. Jenkins arrival at Hopewell 4 of those seasons they finished .500 or better. Jenkins 2nd and last season they won 2 games. No schools opened up in the area so he was dealing with the same talent pool as the previous 6 years.

Matt Jenkins may very well be the next Nick Saban, we shall see. However as of right now he is far from a proven commodity as a HC in CMS.  

#136 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

Hard to compare Hopewell pre 2009 to present day.  They are about 800 students lower in enrollment with a lot of those at Hough.  When a school is split up with a new school opening it usually takes a couple of years for the dropoff to be felt as the senior class is not reassigned and in some openings the junior class was left intact. 

Hopewell has not improved since Jenkins left. 

Indy 2010 lost a lot of close games.  That was a tough year.  

#137 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

Thought I might sneak that in and see what you three might respond with given the continuous talk of how super talent was arriving at Mallard Creek every day. So now it's all coaching huh?

#138 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,255 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

Thought I might sneak that in and see what you three might respond with given the continuous talk of how super talent was arriving at Mallard Creek every day. So now it's all coaching huh?

Credit is given where credit is due, and of course a huge reason for the success of any HS Football team is coaching. Talent alone don't win HS games or otherwise Goldsboro would he undefeated every year because they're far more talented than most of their 1A counterparts.

#139 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

True. But according to the three Charlotte guys Mallard Creek is blessed with bigger, faster, and deeper talents than anywhere in the state. That may be very well be the case but speed and size is not always defining traits that win ball games. It certainly helps but there is much more. If that was the case Belmont South Point would be 2-9 instead of 3A reigning state champs. Just testing the responses from the Charlotte crew in my statement above in post #143. Like to keep it lively with Work7. I think it was stated the Mallard Creek JV games had more competition than what East Lincoln varsity played all year. Very interesting.

#140 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:59 PM

LOL...You dont win 3 straight state titles and 5 straight regional finals after 10 years of existence without both talent and coaching. However I have already given you multiple examples of programs that had great talent and couldnt get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. I could add some more if you like. I think over the past 6 years Mallard Creek has had the deepest talent pool in the state but you are delirious if you think some of those kids just show up that way. There have been at least a dozen kids who were far from sure things as 9th and 10th graders who ended up playing major college ball after graduation. It isnt just luck... 

#141 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:29 PM

The talent does not arrive at Mallard Creek.....Young men who are ready to work do.  The ones who do not want to work move on which is the piece no one talks about......as many as transfer in the same or more tap out because they are not treated with any entitlement and cannot take the volume of work and expectation.  Mallard Creek will be ok this year I think. 

#142 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

The talent does not arrive at Mallard Creek.....Young men who are ready to work do. The ones who do not want to work move on which is the piece no one talks about......as many as transfer in the same or more tap out because they are not treated with any entitlement and cannot take the volume of work and expectation. Mallard Creek will be ok this year I think.

I've seen the videos of these kids lifting on Twitter from time to time.... not sure there's a group of kids that work harder in the weight room than those guys at Mallard Creek--- they absolutely get after it-- it's no wonder why they can maintain their success.

#143 Wiseman

Wiseman

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

Lol MC isn't the only team that lifts hard during the offseason...they are just the only ones that happen to post it online via social media.

#144 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

Lol MC isn't the only team that lifts hard during the offseason...they are just the only ones that happen to post it online via social media.

Haha ya I didn't imply they were the only ones- I was just using them as an example lol.

#145 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:33 PM

Far from the only one who post lifts on social media.  

#146 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:41 PM

LOL. @wiseman sounds a little jealous. Nobody gets after it in the weight room like Creek. Period.

#147 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

Do I smell some jealousy of Mallard Creek coming from GDG?

Don't you have a boys band to audition for? Hehehe

JeffChapman-Dynamic