Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Hough Huskies QB/ Head Coach Miles Aldridge removed (Updated)

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#1 twinpeeks

twinpeeks

Established Member

• Members
  • 913 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

who is it

#2 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

Kennique steward, kid from the Fayetteville area. Great size and good speed. Definitely D1 material reminds you of Hooker from Dudley. Still about a year away. The parents tried 2 get him 2 Vance under an QB head coach but he decided 2 go 2 Hough. Good kid

#3 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

Big athlete, will be a powerful kid when he fills out frame. Britt offense real basic. Read option, bubble screen, throw the ball real far. Hooker is a good comparison though I think he was farther ahead than this kid was at 15-16. It will be fun to see him develop and I think AB would have been great for him( taking nothing away from the Hough coaching staff).

2019 Hough class is very good.   I will say it again.....The MEcka is stacked for the next couple of years. You could be the 4th best team in that conference and be a top 15 team in the state.

#4 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

Big athlete, will be a powerful kid when he fills out frame. Britt offense real basic. Read option, bubble screen, throw the ball real far. Hooker is a good comparison though I think he was farther ahead than this kid was at 15-16. It will be fun to see him develop and I think AB would have been great for him( taking nothing away from the Hough coaching staff).

2019 Hough class is very good. I will say it again.....The MEcka is stacked for the next couple of years. You could be the 4th best team in that conference and be a top 15 team in the state.

How is the qb situation at hough? I heard their jv qb was pretty good. If that's the case who's gonna start?

#5 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

He started off @ 71st as the JV quarter back. Sophomore season would have battled against Kyler Davis for starting job. Moved on to Jack Britt where he shared duties with 2 other QB's. Looks like he did a lot of mop up duty on his film. Now he's allegedly moving on to Hough since his twitter account has Hough High School listed under his profile.

AB was not going to just give him the QB job and Hough has better facilities than Vance. Plus he played for elite 11 aka Hough connection. :)

He's very Athletic. He's going to need that part of the game. He's either going to get exposure or exposed in this conference. 

#6 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

He started off @ 71st as the JV quarter back. Sophomore season would have battled against Kyler Davis for starting job. Moved on to Jack Britt where he shared duties with 2 other QB's. Looks like he did a lot of mop up duty on his film. Now he's allegedly moving on to Hough since his twitter account has Hough High School listed under his profile.

AB was not going to just give him the QB job and Hough has better facilities than Vance. Plus he played for elite 11 aka Hough connection. :)

He's very Athletic. He's going to need that part of the game. He's either going to get exposure or exposed in this conference.

yeah from what I was told that was said to his parents. Vance isn't as fancy as other facilities but under AB he would get probably the best situation as a QB compared 2 any school in the city. I don't know how the coaching staff at Hough is for offense compared to the defense n secondary but I wish him luck. Definitely had the look as a d1 QB

#7 Wiseman

Wiseman

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

What makes Vance the best situation for a QB compared to the other schools in Charlotte?
Who is the QB at Vance this coming up season?

#8 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:39 PM

With Hough getting all these transfers, They should make a lot of noise but they gotta prove it! They got the talent there so How far will they go in the Playoffs!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#9 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:20 PM

With Hough getting all these transfers, They should make a lot of noise but they gotta prove it! They got the talent there so How far will they go in the Playoffs!

The have always had transfers. You could argue they have had more than any other school in the Charlotte area. Mostly skill guys

#10 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:21 PM

How is the qb situation at hough? I heard their jv qb was pretty good. If that's the case who's gonna start?

Cougs I cant say for certain. It seems to me they had a very tall kid backing up Gibbs last year who got in for a few throws in some of the games I saw.

#11 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:58 PM

The have always had transfers. You could argue they have had more than any other school in the Charlotte area. Mostly skill guys

True

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#12 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:23 PM

What makes Vance the best situation for a QB compared to the other schools in Charlotte?
Who is the QB at Vance this coming up season?

got a few possible but no definite. There's a 9th grader with a lot of potential but he's at least a yr away. With an offensive scheme that centers around the QB, this kid would of looked good following Kingsley with the size n speed that he possesses.

#13 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:46 AM

got a few possible but no definite. There's a 9th grader with a lot of potential but he's at least a yr away. With an offensive scheme that centers around the QB, this kid would of looked good following Kingsley with the size n speed that he possesses.

Michael Halton is his name right ? He says he going to be the next QB at Vance but idk how accurate that is but U never know

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#14 Wiseman

Wiseman

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:59 AM

Rising 9th grader? Last time Vance did that it was Anthony Carrothers if y'all remember that name.

Looks like mc butler and Vance will all have inexperience at QB. Perfect time for a team like hough to take over the city.

#15 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

Rising 9th grader? Last time Vance did that it was Anthony Carrothers if y'all remember that name.

Looks like mc butler and Vance will all have inexperience at QB. Perfect time for a team like hough to take over the city.

I like Hough and I think just simply based on experience with what's coming back and the addition of a few newcomers they should be ranked high in the preseason. However, as you know there is always a new team ready to take over Charlotte. Gotta get it done on the field :). At least to a degree Vance got that done last year.............we will see. 

#16 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

True

I think the other thing to remember with regards to high profile transfers is you always here about the kid coming in. You never hear about the kid leaving. HS football has mirrored the college game in that nobody wants to compete anymore. If a kid thinks his spot is gone regardless whether that is accurate or not they just move on. Especially in a area where the economics make that possible and certainly Cornelius is one of those areas.

In the past couple of weeks we have seen two pretty high profile QB'S make not just one move but what accounts for 5 different schools in one case and 3 in 2 years in another.

This is where we are now as the AAU effect is now in place in football.

#17 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

Michael Halton is his name right ? He says he going to be the next QB at Vance but idk how accurate that is but U never know

No his name is Dante, his last name slips me but he really is starting 2 fill out. And he's in 9th grade so he's a rising 10th grader. Like I said he's a yr away so I won't put it past him for winning the job but with this time of yr there's a lot of maybes and possibles as far as transfers but like last yr I'll stay quiet with what we'll have on the field til week 1 vs west meck.

#18 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,430 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:48 AM

Got an even bigger story coming out of Hough today....stay tuned. 

#19 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

I heard!

#20 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

Hopefully it's not another high profile player coming in lol the puppies don't need any more

#21 Wiseman

Wiseman

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

I think it's the HC. He gone...

Hiring a HC in may..their season just flipped upside down!

#22 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

Interesting if that ends up being true. Imagine if this happened Months ago....

#23 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Maybe Joe Gibbs comes out of retirement...:)

#24 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

Interesting if that ends up being true. Imagine if this happened Months ago....

That could make or break Hough season

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#25 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

Maybe Joe Gibbs comes out of retirement...:)

Lmao you beat me to this hahahahaha

JeffChapman-Dynamic