Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Eastern Randolph head football coach posting

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#26 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

Charles Ray met with ER players today.

#27 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

Im going to say this and then I'm done with this topic! Seth Baxter is a heck of a coach players loved him and enjoyed playing for him he got screwed at ER the insiders wanted him to fail he never had the support that he deserved the guy did nothing wrong he worked hard to be successful and for the most part he was I wish him nothing but the best

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#28 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:57 PM

Im going to say this and then I'm done with this topic! Seth Baxter is a heck of a coach players loved him and enjoyed playing for him he got screwed at ER the insiders wanted him to fail he never had the support that he deserved the guy did nothing wrong he worked hard to be successful and for the most part he was I wish him nothing but the best

I will agree that Baxter was a player's coach, sometimes too much so. I had one play for him for 2 years and he does like the man a lot. His record as a coach in both sports while there was very good.

I will also disagree that "the insiders" wanted him to fail. There were only a very vocal few who wanted him gone. And as we all know the loudest sometimes win out.

Look in Washington...

#29 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:08 AM

Seth has been treated very poorly over the past few years this should have been handled a lot different

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#30 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:08 AM

Seth has been treated very poorly over the past few years this should have been handled a lot different

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#31 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

Yes sir social media and whispers have been bad the last few years. I don't like either one.

Not sure what you mean by handled differently?

Baxter left ER. Wasn't fired. Left.

#32 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

He was forced out

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#33 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

There were things said about him. You and I both know this. They were not flattering. I agree 100% with you on this.

The only thing I disagree with you on is it is very hard to force a grown man to do anything he does not want to do.

I hope ER does well next year. Not to show Baxter his detractors were right. Simply because I want them to succeed. 

#34 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:49 AM

What I mean by forced out is nobody supported him there over the last few years he could not stay there it was leave or get fired so he left he did not have any other choice that is why i say he was forced out

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#35 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

What I mean by forced out is nobody supported him there over the last few years he could not stay there it was leave or get fired so he left he did not have any other choice that is why i say he was forced out

For the last two years I have heard the loud people griping about his coaching style. As I have mentioned they did it both at games and I heard on the internet(I don't do the facebook). I am sure he was getting very tired of hearing and reading all this.

Also for the past two years I have heard he was leaving ER. Never heard he was being fired. Heard he was leaving when this year's seniors graduated. Had a couple of young men he was especially close to being the players' coach that he is.

Next year may be tough in both football and basketball at ER. They have some talent in both but not as much I think as they are used to.

#36 coachtyson93

coachtyson93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

ER should be interesting next. I wonder what they will do in terms of offense. The JV and Varisty ran two different offense when we played them.

#37 coachtyson93

coachtyson93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

But that JV team was very scrappy

#38 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

Two different coordinators. Two different offenses. Varsity returns most of O line and lot of D line. Lost several skill position players. Last year were pass heavy team.

Jv ran a whole lot more. Varsity may do that more next year.

We shall see with a new coach may come new philosophy.

#39 coachtyson93

coachtyson93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

If yall return most of the line that is a plus. That Qb will be hard to replace

#40 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

If yall return most of the line that is a plus. That Qb will be hard to replace

Have to replace 2 WRs and RB as well. Have decent players at those positions. Seeing how well they mesh will be interesting.

On defense MLB and both OLB starters will graduate as well.

#41 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

Trust me Seth wanted to be at ER but he was not wanted there

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#42 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

It is all water under the bridge now!I am ready for the season to get here I think ER will start slow with a new QB but he is tough minded and hard nosed so he will compete I am more interested in the RB position had a kid on JV with a lot of speed if he can grow some there is potential there

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#43 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

Yes QB is hard nosed. JV did OK couple of years ago when he was back there. But he played well as one of inner linebackers on varsity last year. Not sure what happens on defensive side now. On jv he went both ways, as did mine, but things are harder at the varsity level. Hope he does a great job. Know him well and he is looking forward to challenge.

JeffChapman-Dynamic