Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Early Mooresville Football 2017 Preview

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:56 AM

I already did a forum on Schedule but This topic will go a tad more in-depth of the Mooresville Blue Devils!

The Top Returns for Mooresville this season: Lazarus Hayes (RB/SS) , Chris Murell (QB), Connor Mort (OLB), Jaleel Johnson (CB) , Matthew Martinez (FS/WR) , Quamir Connor(RB) , Storm Monroe (MLB) Dylan Bean (DT) and AJ Stewart (WR)

2017- Mooresville football Schedule:

Aug 18th: Home vs West Rowan
Aug 25th: Bye Week
Sept 1st: @Davie Co
Sept 8th: @AL Brown
Sept 15th: Home vs South Iredell
Sept 22nd:@North Meck
Sept 29th: Home vs W.A Hough
Oct 6th: Home vs Vance
Oct 13th: @LKN
Oct 20th: Home vs Hopewell **HOMECOMING**
Oct 27th: @West Char.
Nov 3rd: Home vs Mallard Creek **Senior Night**

West Rowan at Mooresville: Both of these team have lost a lot due to Graduation. This will be a interesting Re-match of last years West Rowan win over Mooresville with the score being 12-8!
For West Rowan: They return their RB/FB , they will have a new JR QB at the helm and Nick Netwon and Devin Turner as well. West Rowan looks to be ready for the Mooresville game!
For Mooresville: They will have to dominate the line and run the ball well. Last year it was a pretty close game until last few mins in the 4th QTR With WR hitting a deep pass n defender playing ball n missed. Mooresville looks for redemption over West Rowan! Score: Mooresville 21 West Rowan 14 *Mooresville with the slight edge at Home!!**

Mooresville @ Davie: Davie co lost their starting QB but they return a lot from last years 12-2 season. Davie Co has a new HC and new football facility and Davie looks to continue their success in their new home n Fans!! For Mooresville, I believe the Defense will have play on top of their game vs Davie co WRs who by are usually massive in size. Mooresville will also have to make Davie co play their speed n style if Mooresville wants to keep it close! **History isnt on Mooresville side so I'll take Davie Co at Home, Score: Mooresville 14 Davie co 42

Mooresville at AL BROWN: AL Brown also lost a lot due to graduation but Return a good core and They will look to redeem their lost last year at Mooresville. AL Brown is a very good opponent and they should be ready to face the Blue Devils at Home! For Mooresville: They will have keep penalties down in this game and slow down the Wonders to keep the game in favor of Mooresville. This is a Toss up game but Ill give AL BROWN the slight edge over Mooresville, Score: Mooresville 14 AL Brown 28

South Iredell at Mooresville: For SI, If Dydrion Leach is out for SI then they will have to change the game plan for SI but If he is in , He will be the KEY for SI to use n Mooresville to stop! SI did lose some but Return a few key player and Will their O-LINE, D-LINE be better than last yr?! Mooresville will have to dominate the line here n also mix up the game plan like last season to win. Mooresville will have to control the game. Toss up but I'll give Mooresville edge here at Home. Score: Mooresville 35 SI 28
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mooresville @ North Meck: Mooresville once again renews their rivalry vs North Meck..... Mooresville leads 3-1 over North Meck. North Meck returns MANY Juniors to this year team and with a New Young coach, North Meck could be very dangerous. For Mooresville; They will have to contain the Speed of North Meck and Also Defense will have play well with Offense moving the ball. I like North Meck here at Home: Score; Mooresville 21 North Meck 31

Hough @ Mooresville: THE rivalry just got more REAL as its once again a CONFERENCE match up. Hough is on a 2 game win streak over the Blue Devils leading 4-3. Hough looks to be a Pre-Season Favorite with some of the Davidson Day players coming back to Hough (their home school). Hough will be good once again this season. For Mooresville I think they will have control the tempo and lines here in this game bc they will need have some pressure on Hough's QB n also stop the RB and Defense will have play well as well. This is a toss up for me but I'll give the slight advantage to
Hough; Score: Hough 35 Mooresville 20

Vance at Mooresville: Vance Big loss from last year will be losing starting QB Kingsley Ifedi. Vance leads Mooresville 4-1. Vacne will be slightly down but I think still be top 3-4 team in conference. Vance has the speed. For Mooresville; They will have slow down the Cougars!!!!!!! Mooresville control TEMPO! Mooresville have play well here and I think Defense will have play well as well. Score: Mooresville 14 Vance 35

Mooresville @ LKN: Mooresville lead LKN 10-5. Both LKN and Mooresville have lost a lot due to Graduation. This will be a very interesting game! Mooresville and LKN know each other so well and Both should be ready. I like Mooresville here but Toss up game for me and No score Prediction!

Hopewell @ Mooresville **Homecoming**: Mooresville leads Hopewell 6-2. Hopewell is very down and They will probable be in the lower tier of the conference. Conference FOE for Mooresville. MOORESVILLE has always played sloppy vs Hopewell and Its never a pretty game but Mooresville should come out with a WIN here. Score: Hopewell 6 Mooresville 35

Mooresville @ West Char. : West Char. Biggest loss will be their starting RB but return a good core but New coach (First FULL SEASON as HC) AND They do have speed n are athletic. For Mooresville: I think Tempo n Control the lines will be key here to be successful. I think Mooresville has some good match ups vs WC! Mooresville is 2-2 vs WC as well. This could be a very good game but Ill take Mooresville. Score: Mooresville 35 WC 14

Mallard Creek @ Mooresville *Senior Night*; Not much to say here. Mallard creek leads Mooresville 4-0. Mallard Creek should win and No score prediction.

Few games could go either way and Should be a FUN season in the I-Meck with the TOP 3 being the same and The Lower Tier teams should be battling it out for 4th-8th. Mooresville has the majority of the big games at Mooresville and that may help them.

The games I'm looking forward to are: Davie Co, AL Brown , North Meck, WC, LKN and Hough!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

Mooresville has usually a a lot of good quality players. I seen Mooresville play several times last year. I think the key for them is to mix it up more than they did with more passing. I think Mooresville has good potential of finishing at the top even if 2 or 3. It may take them a couple years or two but I believe with good coaching they can be a dangerous team. Also I will add that Mooresville has two good QBs that will return with some experience. Just my opinion.

#3 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

Mooresville has usually a a lot of good quality players. I seen Mooresville play several times last year. I think the key for them is to mix it up more than they did with more passing. I think Mooresville has good potential of finishing at the top even if 2 or 3. It may take them a couple years or two but I believe with good coaching they can be a dangerous team. Also I will add that Mooresville has two good QBs that will return with some experience. Just my opinion.

Mooresville has only 1 returning QB and also during 2009-2012 run in I-Meck 2010/2011 were good season so Yes Mooresville Could compete in Imeck just depends how long it take to re adapt to Imeck sports

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#4 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:26 PM

I - Meck light years better now than it was in 2010-11. One horse league back then. Hough, Vance, LKN.....all very good programs. 2 have been to 4aa regional finals since 2014.

#5 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

It will be a tough year for us I'm afraid. I don't necessarily think we will be non-competitive... we just simply aren't at that level the Houghs, Creeks, Vances are at yet.

I'll sum it up- two biggest deficiencies for us this year that I think we will have... being able to consistently score points. I think offensively we could have game where we really struggle (like the start of last year). And stopping the run..... undersized up front defensively I think will be a huge issue in this conference.

Now with that being said, there is enough talent there where we could be in that 3rd, 4th 5th range. But we could very well end up right at the bottom just above Hopewell too. I'll be interested to see how we prep for this year, knowing the games get 1000x more difficult, even with the bump in difficulty to the non conference schedule too

#6 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:47 PM

I was thinking Mooresville was using two different QBs from last season that one was a sophomore and one was a junior. That was the reason I thought there would be two QBs coming back for this season. Anyway correct me on this. I could have been wrong thinking this was the case.

#7 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:05 AM

I was thinking Mooresville was using two different QBs from last season that one was a sophomore and one was a junior. That was the reason I thought there would be two QBs coming back for this season. Anyway correct me on this. I could have been wrong thinking this was the case.

They slowly worked the sophomore in. The other was a senior. Injury to the senior mid season gave the job to the sophomore full time.

#8 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:05 AM

Kenneth Nusser was other one n he was a Senior so Murrell who was the So will be the starter

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#9 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

I - Meck light years better now than it was in 2010-11. One horse league back then. Hough, Vance, LKN.....all very good programs. 2 have been to 4aa regional finals since 2014.

I think Every team in I-Meck has gotten 10x better even WC but Im not going NPC n why it this n that but I-meck is a different breed, Gotta get use to it again and Hopefully Mooresville will be able to compete in 1-2 years so

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#10 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:09 AM

They slowly worked the sophomore in. The other was a senior. Injury to the senior mid season gave the job to the sophomore full time.

scary thing is, If Murell gets hurt then we have the JV qb backing up????

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#11 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:13 AM

I already did a forum on Schedule but This topic will go a tad more in-depth of the Mooresville Blue Devils!

The Top Returns for Mooresville this season: Lazarus Hayes (RB/SS) , Chris Murell (QB), Connor Mort (OLB), Jaleel Johnson (CB) , Matthew Martinez (FS/WR) , Quamir Connor(RB) , Storm Monroe (MLB) Dylan Bean (DT) and AJ Stewart (WR)

2017- Mooresville football Schedule:

Aug 18th: Home vs West Rowan
Aug 25th: Bye Week
Sept 1st: @Davie Co
Sept 8th: @AL Brown
Sept 15th: Home vs South Iredell
Sept 22nd:@North Meck
Sept 29th: Home vs W.A Hough
Oct 6th: Home vs Vance
Oct 13th: @LKN
Oct 20th: Home vs Hopewell **HOMECOMING**
Oct 27th: @West Char.
Nov 3rd: Home vs Mallard Creek **Senior Night**

West Rowan at Mooresville: Both of these team have lost a lot due to Graduation. This will be a interesting Re-match of last years West Rowan win over Mooresville with the score being 12-8!
For West Rowan: They return their RB/FB , they will have a new JR QB at the helm and Nick Netwon and Devin Turner as well. West Rowan looks to be ready for the Mooresville game!
For Mooresville: They will have to dominate the line and run the ball well. Last year it was a pretty close game until last few mins in the 4th QTR With WR hitting a deep pass n defender playing ball n missed. Mooresville looks for redemption over West Rowan! Score: Mooresville 21 West Rowan 14 *Mooresville with the slight edge at Home!!**

Mooresville @ Davie: Davie co lost their starting QB but they return a lot from last years 12-2 season. Davie Co has a new HC and new football facility and Davie looks to continue their success in their new home n Fans!! For Mooresville, I believe the Defense will have play on top of their game vs Davie co WRs who by are usually massive in size. Mooresville will also have to make Davie co play their speed n style if Mooresville wants to keep it close! **History isnt on Mooresville side so I'll take Davie Co at Home, Score: Mooresville 14 Davie co 42

Mooresville at AL BROWN: AL Brown also lost a lot due to graduation but Return a good core and They will look to redeem their lost last year at Mooresville. AL Brown is a very good opponent and they should be ready to face the Blue Devils at Home! For Mooresville: They will have keep penalties down in this game and slow down the Wonders to keep the game in favor of Mooresville. This is a Toss up game but Ill give AL BROWN the slight edge over Mooresville, Score: Mooresville 14 AL Brown 28

South Iredell at Mooresville: For SI, If Dydrion Leach is out for SI then they will have to change the game plan for SI but If he is in , He will be the KEY for SI to use n Mooresville to stop! SI did lose some but Return a few key player and Will their O-LINE, D-LINE be better than last yr?! Mooresville will have to dominate the line here n also mix up the game plan like last season to win. Mooresville will have to control the game. Toss up but I'll give Mooresville edge here at Home. Score: Mooresville 35 SI 28
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mooresville @ North Meck: Mooresville once again renews their rivalry vs North Meck..... Mooresville leads 3-1 over North Meck. North Meck returns MANY Juniors to this year team and with a New Young coach, North Meck could be very dangerous. For Mooresville; They will have to contain the Speed of North Meck and Also Defense will have play well with Offense moving the ball. I like North Meck here at Home: Score; Mooresville 21 North Meck 31

Hough @ Mooresville: THE rivalry just got more REAL as its once again a CONFERENCE match up. Hough is on a 2 game win streak over the Blue Devils leading 4-3. Hough looks to be a Pre-Season Favorite with some of the Davidson Day players coming back to Hough (their home school). Hough will be good once again this season. For Mooresville I think they will have control the tempo and lines here in this game bc they will need have some pressure on Hough's QB n also stop the RB and Defense will have play well as well. This is a toss up for me but I'll give the slight advantage to
Hough; Score: Hough 35 Mooresville 20

Vance at Mooresville: Vance Big loss from last year will be losing starting QB Kingsley Ifedi. Vance leads Mooresville 4-1. Vacne will be slightly down but I think still be top 3-4 team in conference. Vance has the speed. For Mooresville; They will have slow down the Cougars!!!!!!! Mooresville control TEMPO! Mooresville have play well here and I think Defense will have play well as well. Score: Mooresville 14 Vance 35

Mooresville @ LKN: Mooresville lead LKN 10-5. Both LKN and Mooresville have lost a lot due to Graduation. This will be a very interesting game! Mooresville and LKN know each other so well and Both should be ready. I like Mooresville here but Toss up game for me and No score Prediction!

Hopewell @ Mooresville **Homecoming**: Mooresville leads Hopewell 6-2. Hopewell is very down and They will probable be in the lower tier of the conference. Conference FOE for Mooresville. MOORESVILLE has always played sloppy vs Hopewell and Its never a pretty game but Mooresville should come out with a WIN here. Score: Hopewell 6 Mooresville 35

Mooresville @ West Char. : West Char. Biggest loss will be their starting RB but return a good core but New coach (First FULL SEASON as HC) AND They do have speed n are athletic. For Mooresville: I think Tempo n Control the lines will be key here to be successful. I think Mooresville has some good match ups vs WC! Mooresville is 2-2 vs WC as well. This could be a very good game but Ill take Mooresville. Score: Mooresville 35 WC 14

Mallard Creek @ Mooresville *Senior Night*; Not much to say here. Mallard creek leads Mooresville 4-0. Mallard Creek should win and No score prediction.

Few games could go either way and Should be a FUN season in the I-Meck with the TOP 3 being the same and The Lower Tier teams should be battling it out for 4th-8th. Mooresville has the majority of the big games at Mooresville and that may help them.

The games I'm looking forward to are: Davie Co, AL Brown , North Meck, WC, LKN and Hough!

For the most part I think you're pretty close on the outcomes. I'd lean LKN at home pretty comfortably.... don't think I need to say anything more than it's at Lake Norman :| (always playing 11 vs 12 at their place)

#12 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:15 AM

scary thing is, If Murell gets hurt then we have the JV qb backing up????

If it's the JV QB from last year- I don't think that's terrible. His athleticism is a great fit in that offense.

#13 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:22 AM

If it's the JV QB from last year- I don't think that's terrible. His athleticism is a great fit in that offense.

True but Young so would kinda be scary have him in esp vs some those linemen but hopefully we have NO injuries this yr

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#14 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

For the most part I think you're pretty close on the outcomes. I'd lean LKN at home pretty comfortably.... don't think I need to say anything more than it's at Lake Norman :| (always playing 11 vs 12 at their place)

I mean I think it is a toss up just on the norm of its a rivalry n also the past few games have been back n forth n also LKN is just as down as Mooresville but of course there wild card is their HC but I think either team could win but ur right tho i give lkn maybe a slight edge bc to Home cookin but This yr game will prob be of the one that dont really have any BIG significance like 2013,2014 n such did 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#15 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:00 AM

Ok thanks for the correction.

#16 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:04 PM

Biggest thing I feel is: 1. how does Mooresville re-Adapted to Imeck

2. will we mix up the offense?

3. Can we stop Speed

I would say Yes to only 1 of them which is Mooresville will re-Adapted but changing offense will be questionable but we see what happens but Speed will kill us until we get use to it again day in n day out in I-Meck ..... I-Meck u can't fall behind in standing or game bc u will be eaten alive n it's hard to battle back so U gotta give 110% percent in practice, workout n everything n also u got to MEAN n tough to survive in I-Meck bc CLT is way different than many areas.

My Overall Perdiction is 4-7 (2-5) but That be flexible from 3-7 wins so but Challenges are there but it's on how kids work n do

I hear Mooresville has a great Freshmen class coming in Including Storm Monroe brother Blue and few others

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#17 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:21 PM

The OC still concerns me.  I honestly do not think he is capable of changing his mindset regarding play selection.   Time will tell.  The team will have to show up every Friday.  There are no North Iredells in the I-Meck.

#18 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

The OC still concerns me. I honestly do not think he is capable of changing his mindset regarding play selection. Time will tell. The team will have to show up every Friday. There are no North Iredells in the I-Meck.

I agree but I will say Hopewell is only Gimme than again we struggle vs them

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#19 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

I'm going to step out on a limb on this one. I think Mooresville will have it rough this year but in about 2 or 3 years in this conference they will be a fun team to watch. Don't be suprised that Mooresville will be one feared team to play against. With the way Mooresville is growing you can only but help that this will bring more and better talent. Again this is my opinion. The QB they have showed me good things ahead. Like I said mixing it up good on offense and a good defense will be key.

#20 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

I agree but I will say Hopewell is only Gimme than again we struggle vs them

If you remember, there are no gimme's in this conference.  Take a week off and you put an "X" in the loss column.

#21 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

If you remember, there are no gimme's in this conference.  Take a week off and you put an "L" in the loss column.

Hopewell has a whole as gone down hill in past few years i mean look at last yr , No side, No speed, No athleticism so like i said We have struggled vs Them in sloppiness but I believe we will always beat them but NEVER SAY NEVER N Anything is possible 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#22 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

My mind goes to the 2009 game when West Charlotte came to Mooresville. I can't exactly remember the score at the half) maybe someone can help me on that but Mooresville had a huge lead at the half and WC came back and won I think 37-36. I know they had that one coach just for 1 season but my point is that any things possible. That game was a it ain't over until its over.

#23 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

My mind goes to the 2009 game when West Charlotte came to Mooresville. I can't exactly remember the score at the half) maybe someone can help me on that but Mooresville had a huge lead at the half and WC came back and won I think 37-36. I know they had that one coach just for 1 season but my point is that any things possible. That game was a it ain't over until its over.

Dont get me wrong ur right but if u look at Hopewell they havent been what they use to be n As a whole as a school n athletics in every aspect they have fallen on hard times..... I mean Their in the same boat as WC like HC wise but in honesty i think WC at least have some athletes . Last yr what  i seen from Hopewell is they arent big or fast nor athletic so thats a BIG issues n they didnt do anything vs Mooresville nor any other team but like i said Never say Never but I feel like Hopewell until they get better it will be a Bottom tier team n W on Mooresville schedule n others

Example: In 2010 they were 8-5 , After that the past 6 season they have had only 1 good record with that being 6-6 in 2013, they have had 6 total HCs but 4 different HCs from 2011-Present

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#24 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

I'm with you about Hopewell and yes they have gone down hill and I do definitely see your point. The reason I had brought what I brought out is I was relating about what you were saying about the " never say never " but you are right about Hopewell being in the bottom of the conference. Perhaps Hopewell can start making a comeback. I do know this it will be a nasty conference to play in. But maybe this will help the Blue devils should they make the playoffs.

#25 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

I'm with you about Hopewell and yes they have gone down hill and I do definitely see your point. The reason I had brought what I brought out is I was relating about what you were saying about the " never say never " but you are right about Hopewell being in the bottom of the conference. Perhaps Hopewell can start making a comeback. I do know this it will be a nasty conference to play in. But maybe this will help the Blue devils should they make the playoffs.

Gotta ya, Hopewell need better leadership n maybe more support from all aspects fans,students, faculty and staff n administration etc and then they will

Mooresville will have to win some of the toss up games to maybe get there which may happen but I still see 4-7 n that's not making playoffs so we need 5-6 wins so we need win at least 2 toss up games

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

JeffChapman-Dynamic