Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Albemarle head football coaching position open

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#76 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:47 PM

I agree 100% in this situation, there most certainly be should be a consolidation of some sorts in Stanly County. Using broad strokes you would assume West/South and North/Albemarle would consolidate with the school buildings at West and Albemarle HS's remaining in use with a rebranding of names, colors, and mascots. It would be costly but would also save a great deal of money.

I beleive if done right and just, but schools could solidly be 2A schools with the Western school being slightly larger.

I think a complete overhaul of district boundaries should be drawn and hopefully political gerrymandering stays out of the process.

I personally still like the idea of a single Stanly high school.

I agree, put them in the West and Albemarle HS buildings and maybe construct a new HS near Albemarle and eventually move that one there? Not sure if thatd be in the budget even with the saved money, but it's a thought. 

One HS in Stanly County could work I suppose, but I think two is the way to go for now at least. 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#77 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,275 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Single Stanly County would be about 2,300 students. There will be growth in the western end which will take the enrollment higher.

Two schools. Redistrict students from the three schools on the border with West. The other three combine into one school located at AHS which would need about $30 million in additions with complete rebranding, new name, mascot, colors. West would have 1,100 students and Stanly Central 1,200. West would also require an addition but not as costly as AHS.

JeffChapman-Dynamic