Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Albemarle head football coaching position open

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

Must be talking about him getting proven wrong, because we don't get beat often

#52 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

Not scurrying.... Not running. Just sitting back and watching the circus. I never have scurried after a loss.

#53 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

He only could have scurried once last year, not a bad percentage 77

#54 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

Gotta love the fans...some of us have been on the boards since 2002. Catholic I believe is one of them. Footsoldier from Catholic was a beast back in the day. AHS had a great group..Precious was the best.

#55 Lionheart1986

Lionheart1986

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:30 PM

I just hope Mitchell and West Montgomery meet this year in the playoffs.

#56 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

Why do you say that Lionheart?

#57 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

I just hope Mitchell and West Montgomery meet this year in the playoffs.

What does that have to do with Albemarle???

#58 Lionheart1986

Lionheart1986

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

Why do you say that Lionheart?

I would love to see the match up.

#59 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

Low numbers hurt. Very few can win with low numbers.
Robbinsville 350.

#60 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

I like to give the NCC a tough time but I will have to give them props on the issues they are having with the BOE. It's become obvious that the elected official(s) they are dealing with has an agenda. It's to see them never field a competitive football team again. Consolidation and wiping them off the map is the end goal. As bad as it gets I am coming on here with my hat in my hand and telling them that I honestly feel bad for the dedicated fans that have stood by them through the good and the bad. Numbers matter Knights. But when you have community support they can be overcome. Not taking anything away from your team's accomplishments but have you, your school or your team ever had to battle the County Administration at every single level in order to keep the doors open? No. Not many schools have. What's going on there politically would have been detrimental to the best 4A school. If and when Jackson is named you really have to wonder what he's thinking. I can't name one positive thing about the situation that would warrant willfully signing on to take that job. Parents who have kids that want them to play competitive football should honestly move them elsewhere. It's that bad. Not to mention the so-so fans won't be there and the away games will have less than 50 fans in attendance. The CC/SD game may have 200 people total. Albemarle may be the 0 fer team this season. 

#61 buddy rich

buddy rich

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

I have been a bulldogs fan since 1951..Went to school at AHS and have followed the bulldogs ever since. We had 2 great runs ..In the 1950's and 2000's..Why ? Because of 2 great coaches..Toby Webb and Jack Gaster.....I was also a charter member of the NCC....What a fun time....All the years in between were really bad......Fast forward to today..I believe this past BOE started our downfall...And now with Melvin Poole in charge at the present time, I think it will continue...We probably will never recover at AHS, but only time will tell...Anyway we do have 5 state title trophys in our trophy case and they will always be there....They were won on the field of play by the kids playing and nothing can ever change that....Glad I was there to see it and NOTHING can ever make that thrill go away..GO DOGS.....

#62 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,430 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

I agree 100% in this situation, there most certainly be should be a consolidation of some sorts in Stanly County. Using broad strokes you would assume West/South and North/Albemarle would consolidate with the school buildings at West and Albemarle HS's remaining in use with a rebranding of names, colors, and mascots. It would be costly but would also save a great deal of money.

I beleive if done right and just, but schools could solidly be 2A schools with the Western school being slightly larger.

I think a complete overhaul of district boundaries should be drawn and hopefully political gerrymandering stays out of the process.

I personally still like the idea of a single Stanly high school.

#63 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,411 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Single Stanly County would be about 2,300 students. There will be growth in the western end which will take the enrollment higher.

Two schools. Redistrict students from the three schools on the border with West. The other three combine into one school located at AHS which would need about $30 million in additions with complete rebranding, new name, mascot, colors. West would have 1,100 students and Stanly Central 1,200. West would also require an addition but not as costly as AHS.

JeffChapman-Dynamic