Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

2017 1a ranking predictions

• Please log in to reply
365 replies to this topic

#101 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:05 AM

MIC has a classy demeanor and nothing but positivity surrounding their program. They make no bones about what they do: Foster success and provide a college pathway for talented young student-athletes. They have awesome facilities, good coaching, and a lot of pride.

If you want to get mad, look to the system. MIC is the result of the privatization of education (and, by, extension, athletics). There is a crystal clear political division about what our national education system should look like (and where educational $pending should go): Republicans want privatization, and Democrats want traditional public schools. The rules are made as the prerogative of those in power, and right now, Republicans significantly have the upper hand in our state and country; so it is only a matter of time before ventures come along to take advantage of the opportunities out there, and that's all MIC has done. This is what an unrestrained capitalist, free market, Darwinian survivalist, let-the-big-dog-eat mentality looks like in the realm of HS athletics. Under the current trajectory, MIC (or another charter capable of pooling the best talent from a massive population base) will sooner or later win it all, and smalltown traditional schools will have no choice but to bow down.

Many of you who are whining about it have been the very voters who have enabled it.

Just so your not clouded by misjudgment, democrats had a stronghold on the state for about 120 years prior to the 2014 midterm...

#102 ODB

ODB

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:46 AM

2010, Mountie. Do your research. Since this time, you've seen the boom of charters.

#103 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

Yes they do struggle with mobile QB's. From 2010-2013 we had 2 of the fastest QB's in the State. But the part u left out is stopping them, not as easy as it looks. And the good thing for us is we have a very mobile QB this year that will open some eyes. And with our new look it's going to be great to see. Is it August yet??

#104 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:13 AM

Let me get this right.
1st. MICS was cheating. Which that was false.
2nd. Now its just unfair we have kids from here or there.
3rd. There coaches act crazy on the sidelines and wear nice gear.
4th.Now your blaming Washington D.C
5th. Whats next??
Bottom line is Mountain teams struggle against a mobile QB. Guess what we have mobile QB with 4.4 speed. That keeps his eyes down field ready to launch with pin point accuracy. So get ready for the show. Can't wait to see it. I said before and I'll say it again. MICS is the New TOP DOG FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. Hate it or love it the under dogs on TOP and we gone shine

Y'all said the same thing last year. Y'all said no mountain teams could stop your 4.3 QB and all of your speed, but at the end of the day, it was Murphy holding the trophy (for the 8th time). All I can say is bring it. The defending state champs will be there waiting on you. All of this big talk coming from MICS posters is just that, big talk. All bluster and no substance until you prove it on the field.

#105 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:55 AM

What a douche

#106 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:21 AM

Glad to see the same class shown on the field by MIC is the similar to the same class shown on message boards. That in itself tells you all you need to know about them. I for one make the suggestion that rather than feeding them just ignore them. I for one will no longer comment on a team that doesn't deserve to be recognized as a legitimate contender regardless of how the rules allow for it. Let them thump their chests, brag, etc....bottom line nothing they do deserves respect therefore they won't be getting any further acknowledgement from me. I strongly suggest the rest of you do the same. If they are ignored then they can just argue with themselves. 

#107 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

Lol.

#108 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

#$ilver $poons

#109 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

Murphy will beat them again

#110 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

It want even be close next time around buddy. But hey you guys are the Champs for 2016. Enjoy that one cause its your last. Welcome to the Island. Meet you in A gap B gap.

lol, you're a moron

#111 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

Agree 100%

#112 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

Lol. Nobody wants too speak on that fumble.I wouldn't either,wasnt that Ref a Murphy alumni??? He looked like a lawyer in a court arguing about what he knew he didn't see. Only on the Hill. Now make sure you host that trophy high.

I'll talk about it with ya. Yes please post that picture you have so we can document it. Everyone knows Murphy has been cheating for years. All those titles? BS in my opinion. They cheated us all up and down the field last year right after they cheated you guys. Plus I think they might have been colluding with Russia to alter the outcome of those games. I move we should impeach David Gentry!

#113 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

I have photographic evidence suggesting that Murphy employed a ufo to abduct one of the official refs and replaced him with a sub-human alien/sasquatch hybrid to alter the outcome of the game.

Attached Files

#114 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

No I'm pretty sure it was aliens.

#115 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:14 PM

Ummm, not so fast! You may have to wait at least one more season.

The wait may be longer than that, 'Dogs will be very talented again in 2018. Murphy should have a good line and will still be absolutely loaded at the skill positions with McTaggart, Dorsey, Murray, Nelson, Allen, Roberts, Beal (and potentially Vining?), as well as Clapsaddle, Smith, Rathburn and McCracken coming up from the JV team. Murphy is embarking on the best run of skill depth that they've ever had.

The one position that will be lacking after 2017 is QB (which is obviously huge and will make or break the 'Dogs ceiling) but I've heard from some people fairly close to a certain young man, that Murphy could have a new face at that spot next season. If that ends up happening 'Dogs may well field their most athletic team in school history in 2018.

#116 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

The wait may be longer than that, 'Dogs will be very good again in 2018. Murphy could have a better line in 2018 and they will still be absolutely loaded at the skill positions with McTaggart, Dorsey, Murray, Nelson, Allen, Blalock, Roberts, Beal and potentially Vining, as well as Clapsaddle, Smith, Rathburn and McCracken coming up from JV. Murphy is embarking on the best run of skill depth that they've ever had.

The one position lacking after 2017 is QB (which is obviously huge and will make or break the 'Dogs ceiling) but I've heard from some people fairly close to a certain young man, that Murphy could have a new face at that spot next season. If that ends up happening 'Dogs may well field their most athletic team in school history in 2018.

Nice! Hope everything comes together. Would love to own the MIC for the foreseeable future lol! Now we got a clown on here saying the refs cheated MICS out of the game last year. It never ends.

#117 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:15 PM

Lol. Nobody wants too speak on that fumble.I wouldn't either,wasnt that Ref a Murphy alumni??? He looked like a lawyer in a court arguing about what he knew he didn't see. Only on the Hill. Now make sure you host that trophy high.

LOL! So now the refs cheated you?? That would be the first time I've ever seen the refs "help" Murphy! Murphy is on the short end of the calls about 99% of the time. But I guess that 1% exception was against MICS. Okay. Got it. I was at the game too and honestly the game should have never been that close. Murphy squandered a couple of scoring opportunities in the first half that could have broke the game open. All MICS had was #8 running around making plays. I didn't see anything else that blew me away. They were good but not world beaters like you make them out to be. Murphy will beat them again this season. They lost #8 plus most of their other playmakers. Murphy will be more loaded than last season. As far as holding that trophy high, Murphy certainly is. MICS should do the same with theirs....oh wait a minute, nevermind ....lol

#118 ram4life

ram4life

JV Team

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:53 AM

Saw Winston-Salem Prep in a 7 on 7 and they look good. They could challenge East Surry and Mt. Airy for that top spot. The new coach was able to get the basketball kids from the  powerhouse they have over there to come out for football. 

#119 Bootlegger

Bootlegger

JV Team

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

Lol. Nobody wants too speak on that fumble.

I want to talk about the state championship........... that you didn't win.

#120 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:20 AM

How bad is a team that has advantage but still can't get it done. If murphy,swain or Robbinsville had MIC built in advantages they would roll ever year. MIC is a underachieving silver spoon team being propped up by the state.

#121 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

MIC reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys, flashy, big talk and still can't get it done.

#122 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

They've only had a team for two years lol, you couldn't even say they were like oregon lol

#123 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

I still want to see that picture of the fumble.

#124 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

Yeah send me one. Need something to wipe down my mower with. I'll take a 3X so I can get all the mud and dirt off. Cotton would be best

#125 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

I'll take an xl. What size do you wear and I'll send you a nice Mitchell shirt.

JeffChapman-Dynamic