Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

2017 1a ranking predictions

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#101 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:28 PM

Everything has to be racial these days I see, it's a shame. I'm still looking for the racial word in the post, still looking.

#102 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

Coachlashsr they cant control themselves. I've told em. See us at the jamboree let them pads talk for you. But for some reason everytime I mentioned that all I get in return is crickets. They clip must be empty. WELL WE RELOADED BANG BANG

#103 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

We love playing them ones that "think" they are something but yet fail. No worries the pads will be on just make sure u guys tighten the laces and straps. No excuses. Warrior football is coming to a theatre near u

#104 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

I hope your elite LB's can contain Rhone and Leak, if not bring plenty of Gatorade

#105 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

I think the West Montgomery fan's, and most other teams fan's for that matter, are upset that their teams have spent decades doing things the hard way, worked their way from the bottom to establish a program, and all with the players they had from peewee up to varsity. Then a program come out of no where, bends around every rule in the book to their advantage, and fields an all-star team from the largest talent pool in the state. We all understand that so far you haven't broke any rules, but it is still flat out UNFAIR. A level playing field would be that charters would be required to step up a classification IMO.

#106 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:49 PM

And please stop playing the race card. Montgomery county has plenty of diversity, although I'll admit, Mitchell County has maybe 5 black people living here. No one is suggesting your race is the problem, it's your ethics in question.

#107 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:56 PM

Man this crying has already started. Its going be a long season.

#108 pianoman

pianoman

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

We 1-A schools should withdraw from the NCHSAA and form our own association The problem is schools with no boundaries. Those of us in the Northwest 1-A Conference have been competing with Bishop and Winston Salem Prep for several years. A 1-A basketball team with several college prospects EVERY year? Both schools follow the rules but the rules allow students from where ever! It may be too late now since the state has dodged the issue and opened up all these transfers. So those of us who see the high school athletic experience as a way to build communities and help students to learn to live with each other and work together will just have to work harder to win! So what's new! Brag all you want to but the Mitchells, Murphys, East Surrys, and Swains will continue to compete!!!

#109 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:26 PM

At this very moment 11:26pm Sunday 6-18-17
Is when this whole 1-a understood MICS is for REAL. Penalize us for what our area growing. People move here because opportunity awaits them. Better jobs more money new housing most people would call that blessing. But you guys dont see it because your stuck in your own world. IT'S 2017 not 1955. We have technology now explore life outside of your box. If your towns offered better jobs and money. People would be heading for the hills. But your not we are so we benefit cause our economy is thriving. So stop crying saying its unfair. Train your athletes harder, get them bigger stronger faster. So they compete at the highest level. Either that or teach them gripe and complain about what the next man has. Whichever you decide just know MICS IS TOP DOG FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. THE most hated

#110 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

At this very moment 11:26pm Sunday 6-18-17
Is when this whole 1-a understood MICS is for REAL. Penalize us for what our area growing. People move here because opportunity awaits them. Better jobs more money new housing most people would call that blessing. But you guys dont see it because your stuck in your own world. IT'S 2017 not 1955. We have technology now explore life outside of your box. If your towns offered better jobs and money. People would be heading for the hills. But your not we are so we benefit cause our economy is thriving. So stop crying saying its unfair. Train your athletes harder, get them bigger stronger faster. So they compete at the highest level. Either that or teach them gripe and complain about what the next man has. Whichever you decide just know MICS IS TOP DOG FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. THE most hated

Ummm, not so fast! You may have to wait at least one more season. Murphy (remember them?) is even more loaded at the skill positions than last year and will be looking (or should I say, expecting) to repeat. MICS will have to put up a lot of points to beat Murphy because they ain't stopping that offense. Couldn't last year and won't this year either.

#111 ODB

ODB

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

MIC has a classy demeanor and nothing but positivity surrounding their program. They make no bones about what they do: Foster success and provide a college pathway for talented young student-athletes. They have awesome facilities, good coaching, and a lot of pride.

If you want to get mad, look to the system. MIC is the result of the privatization of education (and, by, extension, athletics). There is a crystal clear political division about what our national education system should look like (and where educational $pending should go): Republicans want privatization, and Democrats want traditional public schools. The rules are made as the prerogative of those in power, and right now, Republicans significantly have the upper hand in our state and country; so it is only a matter of time before ventures come along to take advantage of the opportunities out there, and that's all MIC has done. This is what an unrestrained capitalist, free market, Darwinian survivalist, let-the-big-dog-eat mentality looks like in the realm of HS athletics. Under the current trajectory, MIC (or another charter capable of pooling the best talent from a massive population base) will sooner or later win it all, and smalltown traditional schools will have no choice but to bow down.

Many of you who are whining about it have been the very voters who have enabled it.

#112 LB INC1

LB INC1

JV Team

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:57 AM

MIC has a classy demeanor and nothing but positivity surrounding their program. They make no bones about what they do: Foster success and provide a college pathway for talented young student-athletes. They have awesome facilities, good coaching, and a lot of pride.
If you want to get mad, look to the system. MIC is the result of the privatization of education (and, by, extension, athletics). There is a crystal clear political division about what our national education system should look like (and where educational $pending should go): Republicans want privatization, and Democrats want traditional public schools. The rules are made as the prerogative of those in power, and right now, Republicans significantly have the upper hand in our state and country; so it is only a matter of time before ventures come along to take advantage of the opportunities out there, and that's all MIC has done. This is what an unrestrained capitalist, free market, Darwinian survivalist, let-the-big-dog-eat mentality looks like in the realm of HS athletics. Under the current trajectory, MIC (or another charter capable of pooling the best talent from a massive population base) will sooner or later win it all, and smalltown traditional schools will have no choice but to bow down.
Many of you who are whining about it have been the very voters who have enabled it.

Agreed. Sports should be a means to the end....education and development. I've seen many young men and women miss opportunities because of the culture around them....

#113 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

Now we have politics and race to blame for a school that holds tryouts for players from Gaston, Lincoln and Mecklenburg Counties to attend and compete at the 1A level. Not to mention a coaching staff that implores questionable behavior on the sidelines by players and coaches. Class? They'll never be considered to have ANY. 

#114 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:20 AM

Blakk MIC is top dog at nothing as of now. Until u beat the WM's, Murphy's, WRH's, Swain's and many more u are absolutely nothing. At the end of the day it's a sure thing, them teams will be there come end of November, can u positively say the same for MIC, I would say NO! So til u can prove it it's probably best u just defend y'all's recruiting ring and stop trying to come in here saying u are top dog. Your still sniffing our rear ends

#115 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:23 AM

And when we consolidate I pray MICS and Montgomery Central get together to schedule a non conference game, oh how much fun it would be for Montgomery County

#116 ODB

ODB

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:26 AM

WM1977, I understand your frustration. You are allegient to a traditionally legendary and proud public school, and you're threatened by the new way of doing things. MIC is a symptom, not the disease.

#117 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:05 AM

Just so your not clouded by misjudgment, democrats had a stronghold on the state for about 120 years prior to the 2014 midterm...

#118 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:44 AM

Let me get this right.
1st. MICS was cheating. Which that was false.
2nd. Now its just unfair we have kids from here or there.
3rd. There coaches act crazy on the sidelines and wear nice gear.
4th.Now your blaming Washington D.C
5th. Whats next??
Bottom line is Mountain teams struggle against a mobile QB. Guess what we have mobile QB with 4.4 speed. That keeps his eyes down field ready to launch with pin point accuracy. So get ready for the show. Can't wait to see it. I said before and I'll say it again. MICS is the New TOP DOG FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. Hate it or love it the under dogs on TOP and we gone shine

#119 ODB

ODB

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:46 AM

2010, Mountie. Do your research. Since this time, you've seen the boom of charters.

#120 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

Yes they do struggle with mobile QB's. From 2010-2013 we had 2 of the fastest QB's in the State. But the part u left out is stopping them, not as easy as it looks. And the good thing for us is we have a very mobile QB this year that will open some eyes. And with our new look it's going to be great to see. Is it August yet??

#121 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:13 AM

Let me get this right.
1st. MICS was cheating. Which that was false.
2nd. Now its just unfair we have kids from here or there.
3rd. There coaches act crazy on the sidelines and wear nice gear.
4th.Now your blaming Washington D.C
5th. Whats next??
Bottom line is Mountain teams struggle against a mobile QB. Guess what we have mobile QB with 4.4 speed. That keeps his eyes down field ready to launch with pin point accuracy. So get ready for the show. Can't wait to see it. I said before and I'll say it again. MICS is the New TOP DOG FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. Hate it or love it the under dogs on TOP and we gone shine

Y'all said the same thing last year. Y'all said no mountain teams could stop your 4.3 QB and all of your speed, but at the end of the day, it was Murphy holding the trophy (for the 8th time). All I can say is bring it. The defending state champs will be there waiting on you. All of this big talk coming from MICS posters is just that, big talk. All bluster and no substance until you prove it on the field.

#122 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:35 AM

Well Nc nole fan. The MICS coaches took the high road and said great game. Which it was, but I was in the stands. Home cooking at its finest, you guys fumbled late in the 4th quarter. On MICS side hash line of the field, so how is it that a referee from your sideline. Called the that guy down with no view from that side of the field. An Eagle from that side could not spot that. I have picture if you'll like to it. But hey thats what home field is for. Welcome to the Hill. A line judge from your sideline over rules our line judge back judge plus the white hat REF. It want even be close next time around buddy. But hey you guys are the Champs for 2016. Enjoy that one cause its your last. Welcome to the Island. Meet you in A gap B gap.

#123 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:55 AM

What a douche

#124 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:21 AM

Glad to see the same class shown on the field by MIC is the similar to the same class shown on message boards. That in itself tells you all you need to know about them. I for one make the suggestion that rather than feeding them just ignore them. I for one will no longer comment on a team that doesn't deserve to be recognized as a legitimate contender regardless of how the rules allow for it. Let them thump their chests, brag, etc....bottom line nothing they do deserves respect therefore they won't be getting any further acknowledgement from me. I strongly suggest the rest of you do the same. If they are ignored then they can just argue with themselves. 

#125 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

Wm1977 well said my good friend. Even thou everytime you talk 1-A contender. We leave you know choice except acknowledge the New Kings MICS. How many rings has West Montgomery have again? O.k. has many as us.

JeffChapman-Dynamic